How to get gold for level 1 F2P twink. Part 2

Doublestuff

Thanks to Jonnes ;) I was able to get my 10g to lock the xp on my level 1 F2P toon. My next hurdle is how to gold farm for transmogging, etc.

No AH
No mail
No trading
No professions
No Group Finder
Questing for gold is S-L-O-W!

I tried corpse running through Uldum looking for high level treasure chests, but couldn't find them. Maybe they are phased out at my level.

Does anyone know of a level appropriate area (mobs 1-7?) that has mobs with better than average vendor loot that can be farmed?

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited:
if you are alliance kill crithto in SW. 54g each time, i was able to get gold for all bank slots and all 14 slot bags

DMF (if your XP is off) non-elites wolves drop sharp fangs 3s 50c each and at random drop massive fangs 5g ea

getting the quest to go to DMF awards 5 tickets, with each one buy a darkmoon storage box which vend for 2g 50s. doing events daily to repeat as needed

alot of zones scale 1-XX+farming for gold that way is rather painful and slow

Last edited:
i have a level 1 panda hunter right now drowned and dead to get no rested XP since i got it to Org awhile back. now waiting for DMF in 5 days. i skipped last event had other players i was focused on. intro quest to DMF according to wowhead gives 30xp. plan on vending boxes get gold turn XP off

just tested a lvl-1 XP on using zep from Org to TB, i did not get XP overflying stuff to TB, landing at TB and going to where portal will be. because panda has 0 money to use DMF port.

Last edited:
Recruit a Friend or P2P assistance
Chromie time warlocks and/or use recruit a friend battle.net invite to get a summon to WOD undeveloped HORDE "GARRISONS"
The spiders in the garison starting area yield Zero XP and more than 1 gold per minute in trash loot.
Activate Party sync to scale if outside chromie time. (will require a veteran or P2P account in chromie time)

Go to any world boss via mage portal... spam ask for help killing mob in /say or /yell.
kill boss = profit.

Use mage portal to get to panderia or chromie time panderia.
Activate every "quest skip you can"
Death run to pandaran treasures to avoid excess explore EXP.
Cheese through doors and to discover locations at zero XP.
Loot & sell any pandaran treasures for gold.

Tag a high level mobs with twink player use any un-partied player to kill mob. Retain FULL LOOT with twink with -99% lowered exp.
(this use to be a crazy powerful power leveling method and was patched, now it's a twink gold making method. In high level content.)
Tagging a world boss is an effective way to do this.

my above horde DMF level 1 plan worked, using tickets for boxes and selling them, did the quest to get 250 kills for 10 tickets. dailies for 1 ticket ea, got in a moon fang kill, several death knight kills, and farmed not elite wolves. all bank slots unlocked on second day

the bonus was looting the DMF chest for 61g which enabled reagent bank slot unlocked another time for 70g. no one showed, no one hardly there anymore, maybe could have gotten more so far

i did go to horde side BFA to three different areas in zandalar where there is auto combat going on, getting in tags and was able to loot. gained a total of like 4-5g, went back to DMF and parked

I took the tour boat to Azsuna. Set my hearthstone to Crumbled Palace (can use the portal back to SW). Can kill the demons at the Illidari Stand pretty easily to farm gold.
The Valentine's event was pretty decent. Each dungeon run yielded 4g + another 8g if you got a necklace.

It seems Starter Edition Accounts can not see the piles of gold

I just tested and you can def see them on a F2P acc, maybe it's a lvl 1 thing tho?

r4ZqQJp.png

I just tested and you can def see them on a F2P acc, maybe it's a lvl 1 thing tho?

So I dropped it via my subbed account and the other account is a starter edition account. The other character is on the same realm same faction and in party but still cant see the piles so maybe its vet accounts only? The starter edition character is level 10.

Attachments

• bigbagtest.jpg
    bigbagtest.jpg
    779.2 KB · Views: 15
My shaman in the pic I posted is pure f2p so that’s def not the issue, might be some phasing thing, try in a different location.

I also had another subbed account in the party same realm and faction and could see the pile. hmm maybe its the fact its level 10?

The Noblegarden event will be here soon. Can buy:

• Poorly-Painted Egg Unique(20) costs 10 silver each. Looted item sells for 9 silver each. Not too useful except for emergency cab fare.
  • Intricately-Painted Egg Unique(5) costs 10 gold each. Looted item sells for 9g each. Place 2 of them for your alt to get enough for xpoff
  • Magnificently-Painted Egg Unique(1) costs 1,000 gold. Looted item sells for 900g
Drop egg(s), log your new alt and pick them up and sell. Nice way for F2P to transfer gold to new alts (even level 1's) on a single account.
Obviously, find a private spot so that no one else will loot it before you log your alt.
Recommend collecting these on several of your active toons.

Users who are viewing this thread