New to "Twinking" and worried about auto ban

Maelfurious

As the title says I'm new to this whole twinking side of WoW. Its been really cool but is it normal to have so many people say they are reporting you for exploiting? All I'm doing is running dungeons in heirlooms and greens atm while trying to get dungeon gear and Warforged gear.

I had a whole group leave on me and say they are reporting me for exploiting. I didn't speak to anyone in the group. I was just casting wrath and healing because I queued as healer on my druid. I mean I understand how it could look sus when the healer is doing over half the damage to the boss but I'm not even doing anything like the ooze trinket glitch. I'm worried my account is going to be banned at this rate by blizzards auto ban. Is this normal and do people actually get banned for twinking in dungeons? If so I don't think this xp off thing is gonna be for me which sucks because I've having fun, blasting bosses, and getting dopamine hits off Warforged gear. Purples make my brain feel good.

I could understand people reacting this way if I was going around saying that I was hacking, or using the ooze trinket, or boosting for money, but I've just been silent just doing my job.

Yea man sorry to break it to you but you're going to get banned.. Blizz hates twinks :PeepoGlad:

As the title says I'm new to this whole twinking side of WoW. Its been really cool but is it normal to have so many people say they are reporting you for exploiting? All I'm doing is running dungeons in heirlooms and greens atm while trying to get dungeon gear and Warforged gear.

I had a whole group leave on me and say they are reporting me for exploiting. I didn't speak to anyone in the group. I was just casting wrath and healing because I queued as healer on my druid. I mean I understand how it could look sus when the healer is doing over half the damage to the boss but I'm not even doing anything like the ooze trinket glitch. I'm worried my account is going to be banned at this rate by blizzards auto ban. Is this normal and do people actually get banned for twinking in dungeons? If so I don't think this xp off thing is gonna be for me which sucks because I've having fun, blasting bosses, and getting dopamine hits off Warforged gear. Purples make my brain feel good.

I could understand people reacting this way if I was going around saying that I was hacking, or using the ooze trinket, or boosting for money, but I've just been silent just doing my job.

On the off chance that this is serious: You're not going to get banned for playing a level 10 with xp off. That one party was probably just unaware of the borked scaling at low levels.

Don't think farming dungeon will get you banned, even with ooze. It is a known issue for long and bliz just don't bother to fix. Don't know how auto ban works or exists. Even if you are auto banned, you should be able to argue through custom service.
If you are not comfortable, use a trial account.

As far as I know, automated bans are usually handed out for Social infractions like spamming or advertising. Haven't heard of anyone being auto-banned for Exploiting, Hacking or Botting, but I'd say most of us here use Ooze and I have yet to see any discussion of bans. That being said, typically cheating reports are logged to your data file, so maybe you can see what they have on file for you here - https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/157641 . I think I have multiple reports for my 10s/19s because of OP gear abuse

As far as I know, automated bans are usually handed out for Social infractions like spamming or advertising. Haven't heard of anyone being auto-banned for Exploiting, Hacking or Botting, but I'd say most of us here use Ooze and I have yet to see any discussion of bans. That being said, typically cheating reports are logged to your data file, so maybe you can see what they have on file for you here - https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/157641 . I think I have multiple reports for my 10s/19s because of OP gear abuse
I have been auto banned for transferring large amounts of items between my 2 accounts, both on the same battlenet account. System thought I had hacked or something and locked them both. Once I finally got a GM to look at it they unbanned both instantly. That was a long time ago though. Not sure how the system works now.

I wouldnt worry about it. Ive been doing the same thing for a year and a half or so and not been banned. Ive been vote kicked from a couple dungeons, but thats about it.

Thanks everyone for the response's. I guess I was overly worried. I don't think I've ever had anyone report me ingame before I started doing this so I was freaking out a little. I've had my current account since WotLK and I don't want to lose everything I've collected over the years.

The crazy thing to me that I'm learning is that the whole trinket thing isn't a bannable offense or that no one has reported being banned for using it. I figured cause it was a unintended thing it would be.

What a great welcome to the bracket haha, buckle up! As you get more and more epics, you'll get more and more PMs in-game. Be sure to get ur ooze and totem trinket to make ur solo adventures much, much more efficient. :PepeComfy:

It's nearly impossible to get banned from this game (unless you're selling gold), so go hog wild ;)

welcome! good question, smart thing to ask =)

i'm going to make some guesses, but i suspect i know what's going on here.
one's natural instinct when first twinking is to revel in being OP.
you're only new to twinking once, so i grant you license to do that a while unashamedly.
i would have to guess you've broken some etiquette about letting others play their roles.
do you often have aggro when heal/nuking in your runs? do you let the tank tank?

i play op af on my healdruid tho i'm currently only on now and then, more often in the past of course, but i can't remember the last time i had a complaint. you just have to remember to do things that make it fun for the other players rather than flexing your own muscle. that mob that the tank didn't pick up and is running to the dps? instakill it. now and then some tanks are up for silly things like taking you up on a challenge to overpull your healing (warning do not try in bc dungeons with stuns). you start to flex by demonstrating your skill and awareness, not just your overpoweredness (which is actually easier to do, as often misplay comes from nerves, and the confidence of being op allays that). i DO use the op trinkets, usually i save them for bosses and 1shot em, then start the conversation when the inevitable wtf is asked. then i'm pretty upfront about what i'm doing. from there i can read the room and do formal or wacky things based on the feel.

blizz won't ban you. you're not chatting toxic content, and your logs will reveal no use of unauthorized tools. their complaints will fall on deaf ears and you will suffer no consequences. don't play like a schmuck anyway even if it's allowed tho ya know. perhaps there's some greater consequence like blizz will be motivated to make yet some further change that makes it suckier to twink.

unsolicited advice beyond answering your question:
when you inevitably tire of the state of things right now, which i hope is no time soon, i recommend keeping an eye out for the state of wow now and then, such as major patch releases. twinking really has on again off again situations, and we are currently in a state of off again. if ever a day comes that it becomes on again, check it out again, as there's a whole other side to it when the scene is banging that currently isn't available to you, the solo-player twink.

Last edited:
If you did do something wrong theres nothing to worry about at all unless you get a warn. You wont get a warn off a small amount of reports. Then if you get a warn it still prob means nothing. It just means your infraction from another player was logged for review. I dont think they will even review you at all unless you have multiple warns pop up. Then they will look at your infractions and if you didn't do anything against tos that someone reported you for nothing will happen. The dev person reviewing it will just mark them as false reports and move on. And if you do get a infraction nothing will happen till you compound a few minor ones unless what you did its really bad untill action is taken. If you do stuff to get action taken it will compound punishment each time you get action taken against you. Even then when there is actions taken against your account the compounding punishments will decay after a while and disappear from your record till its like you never did anything wrong. Takes about a year per action taken on your account for a decay to trigger. How do I know this stuff? Well ive been warned squelched and banned multiple times and have had alot of ticket reversal conversations with devs. I even had one open up live chat with me in game before and just chat me up for about a hour one morning over a ticket with alot of questions in it one time. I asked alot of questions about this stuff. But I never ever got in trouble for twinking and ive seen plenty of warns pop up while running cromie time. I went way overboard talking trash curseing ppl out just generally being toxic as fuck to get my bans. You wont get in trouble for running a xp off toon the ppl reporting you are just noobs and dont understand that the game scales. Your good dont fret nothing will happen

New to this whole thing, but I have noticed that when I queue on my level 32 warrior, who has the totem and ooze plus the Baron weapons, they get disabled now. I logged into two other level 10 and a level 20 character using Chromie queue, then once queued for a dungeon, click to return to present timeline. Those characters work simply fine with none of their equipment being disabled due to level. I wasn't sure if someone could explain this issue or point me in the right direction.

The red text reads, "Disabled while level is decreased".

welcome! good question, smart thing to ask =)

i'm going to make some guesses, but i suspect i know what's going on here.
one's natural instinct when first twinking is to revel in being OP.
you're only new to twinking once, so i grant you license to do that a while unashamedly.
i would have to guess you've broken some etiquette about letting others play their roles.
do you often have aggro when heal/nuking in your runs? do you let the tank tank?

i play op af on my healdruid now and then, more often in the past of course, but i can't remember the last time i had a complaint. you just have to remember to do things that make it fun for the other players rather than flexing your own muscle. that mob that the tank didn't pick up and is running to the dps? instakill it. now and then some tanks are up for silly things like taking you up on a challenge to overpull your healing (warning do not try in bc dungeons with stuns). you start to flex by demonstrating your skill and awareness, not just your overpoweredness (which is actually easier to do, as often misplay comes from nerves, and the confidence of being op allays that). i DO use the op trinkets, usually i save them for bosses and 1shot em, then start the conversation when the inevitable wtf is asked. then i'm pretty upfront about what i'm doing. from there i can read the room and do formal or wacky things based on the feel.

blizz won't ban you. you're not chatting toxic content, and your logs will reveal no use of unauthorized tools. their complaints will fall on deaf ears and you will suffer no consequences. don't play like a schmuck anyway even if it's allowed tho ya know. perhaps there's some greater consequence like blizz will be motivated to make yet some further change that makes it suckier to twink.

unsolicited advice beyond answering your question:
when you inevitably tire of the state of things right now, which i hope is no time soon, i recommend keeping an eye out for the state of wow now and then, such as major patch releases. twinking really has on again off again situations, and we are currently in a state of off again. if ever a day comes that it becomes on again, check it out again, as there's a whole other side to it when the scene is banging that currently isn't available to you, the solo-player twink.

Very good answer

some players see the XP off buff you have and read what it says and assume they are getting less XP being in the same dungeon with them and may roll a vote kick because they do not understand how it works and does not affect them in LFD. i have been vote kicked many times, i just reque

usually it's veteran players rolling alts that get upset in dungeons when they see a low level with XP off debuff blowing up the dungeon along with seeing on their addons their level 57 is getting smoked DPS wise by low level who resort to hacking claims, and threatening reporting you. just ignore it.

some players see the XP off buff you have and read what it says and assume they are getting less XP being in the same dungeon with them and may roll a vote kick because they do not understand how it works and does not affect them in LFD. i have been vote kicked many times, i just reque

usually it's veteran players rolling alts that get upset in dungeons when they see a low level with XP off debuff blowing up the dungeon along with seeing on their addons their level 57 is getting smoked DPS wise by low level who resort to hacking claims, and threatening reporting you. just ignore it.
The other side of the coin is when you get a group that is happy to fly through dungeons and gain levels faster than they ever would through questing. Once I just kept queuing with this group until they got to level 60. Took an evening, but they got most of their leveling done in one night!

First, if ur real, PVE is not twinking and it wont get you banned. Second, nobody has yet been banned for being op in pvp, only for automation at 70, and mainly language and cheats. For a year now the 60s have been so op at twink levels and no bans for gear and ilvl, so ur safe.

Users who are viewing this thread