The End of an Era, the end of Gobby Kotick

Dragpz

Grandfathered
https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...otick-is-stepping-down-at-the-end-of-the-year

Today is the end of an era, the end of the one true Acti-Blizzard goblord. His notable achievements included the whole Sex Scandal/harassment lawsuit thing and ruining Overwatch 2.

What this means for WoW, we don't really know, but hopefully the next ceo doesn't spend WoW's entire budget on yachts.

RIP Gobby Kotick (2008 - 2023).

1703917038467.png

1703916983621.png

32 years of service jeez. :FrogeTorch: Today is day 1 without him, woohoo. I'd love to see his bank account transactions. His pension, stocks and last bonus will be quite the send off. He wins, like he always did. :FrogeConcern:

"Proof that this still is Bobby's world and we're all living in it, lol." -Asmon :frogeW:

I have never known you can no longer /spit at other players or even NPCs. Probably because I don't do PvP anymore but still, that's lame. I need /spit if Sylvanas ever shows up again.
They removed many things deemed "Offensive" and "Unhinged", one of the things is /spit. And of course the infamous fruit bowl pictures that replaced depiction of anything "sexy" to them, trying to damage control the whole allegation scandals that happened awhile back. They also changed "Enslave Demon" to "Subjugate Demon" from Warlocks spells again because its "Offensive". They also removed innuendo jokes the player character can make when you /Joke. One of the famous ones was Female dwarves saying "I can flatten steel with my THIGHS". Its honestly pitiful.

They removed many things deemed "Offensive" and "Unhinged", one of the things is /spit. And of course the infamous fruit bowl pictures that replaced depiction of anything "sexy" to them, trying to damage control the whole allegation scandals that happened awhile back. They also changed "Enslave Demon" to "Subjugate Demon" from Warlocks spells again because its "Offensive". They also removed innuendo jokes the player character can make when you /Joke. One of the famous ones was Female dwarves saying "I can flatten steel with my THIGHS". Its honestly pitiful.
I knew about the other things, but /spit eluded my attention so far. I think it's a bit silly but not the end of the world (of Warcraft).

They ended the /spit around COVID times iirc because it was a global pandemic and considered an offense.
Make a dk tho and run it through to a main city and all the guards will still /spit on you.
I tried reportin Blizz's NPC actions to Blizz to get the NPCs banned but, Kotick won

Users who are viewing this thread