Twinking in retail

Goodfellows

Veteran
Hey everyone

WoW retail in it’s current state for twinks, comes with ( aparently ) alot of negativity…

If anyone new wants to come by and try it out, how can we “sell it” to them? If the first posts they see is all about complaining, then we sure dig our own graves faster then this Company bring us changes.

What positive sides does twinking have anno 2024 ( i refer to retail ) ?

Have a Nice day out there

//Goodfellows

I feel like it's just the SL-babies who thinks the bracket is in a bad spot.
SL was a phenomenon that I doubt we'll see again. Whenever the bracket has that kind of activity, it's usually just for a few months.
It was a standout circumstance, in a bracket that is used to just have queues between 16:00 and 01:00.

We went from unusual popularity, to a couple months bracket death, and at this point, the bracket is just back to normal.

I can say this for EU, where the activity is pretty good.

I'd say the most positive things about twinking, is that your only limitation is creativity, or lack of it. Both when it comes to gear-building, solo-content, PvP, etc..
It's a place where you're not held back by the limitation of end-game tuning, or late-game scaling.

20s is one of the brackets that has THE highest amount of level-appropriate content, and due to PvE scaling with low levels, you can most likely take on most of what's outside of your appropriate level, through gear and/or creativity.

At 70, I'm a notorious pugger, and prefer to not have to rely on others schedule to achieve my goals, so I'll say this:
20s has one of the best solo-experiences in the game, and as a 20 the World(of warcraft) is truly yours, and yours alone :PeepoGlad:

Last edited:
WoW retail in it’s current state for twinks, comes with ( aparently ) alot of negativity…
The only way to treat this, is like treating global warming from an individual perspective: Just do what you can really :KKomrade: Not every1 will, but it should not stop you :ez:

EU has really set a good example by insentivising people to make 20s.
Organizing wargames weekly, and shuffles, and others 20 only events.

Twinking in retail ive heard ppl say well you have restricted access to content for pve. Now this is true but at the same time 19 years of restricted content combined is more content than any 1 expansion. Now with it being restricted on content and items and stuff you can use it places you with a fresh outlook on the game. You will find new challenges with finding and obtaining things you can use to round out your kit alot of these items are not used by max lvl toons because they were dated out. But each expac offers new items and gear drops that scales to your level so you have the absolute most options in where to acquire useable gear/trinkets where current content only has current content stuff basically. You cant raid but theres a ton of dungeons, tons of open world content, tons of quests you can do, and tons of mog/mount collecting available (tho not all mounts are learnable at lower lvls) . Hell you can even run some story campaigns and learn some lore.

Pvp use to be broken when twinks could que with everyone twink or not and basically beat everyone up in there bracket (which kind of gave twinks a bad name). But fear not twinks are not bullys in pvp anymore as there not allowed to que with normal players anymore only with other twinks in there respective bracket. So your not a bully anymore and more of a hero in pve content makeing all the non twinks in dungeons and open world experiences much easier and very much more enjoyable ( the lvlers in cromie time sure do love it when a twink joins there run ).

Anything below lvl 20 is free to play so you dont need a sub to play on it. Also you have to regear these twink toons very seldom unlike current where you have to regear every few months with the newest update raising the gear bar. So twinks regear once every 5-10 years or something like that. Your able to farm materials in the various expansions while not subbed so you could very well fill your banks and bags to the brim with mats while not subbed maybe do that on a few toons which is useful if you have a wow token tucked away then you can sub and post everything on the ah and make enough gold to buy potentially more than 1 wow token from the sales in the ah. So potentially a way to play with a sub when you choose to play subbed. So kind of part time subbed play for free as long as you keep 1 wow token held back before you stop subbing and your smart about what you farm and stock up on of course. Eventually we all get tired of the current content grind and want something more laid back and this imo is it.

Users who are viewing this thread