How to hit high level mobs ?

Paroag

Veteran
I'm doing some lvl 30+ content on my f2p and have a hard time fighting mobs due to very low hitting chances.

Any tips on how to kill high level mob efficiently? A consumable or something else ?

I'm currently farming some rare in MOP for the toys. Some in higher level zones are high level mob (Vale of Eternal Blossom, etc..).

I tried both as gardian and balance druid and killing them is a real pain. I was hoping someone here have some knowledge of some old trinket or consumable that could help in that situation !

i don’t know how it is nowadays, some time ago there was a bug that hunter pets hit% was unaffected by lvl difference. idk if that’s still the case, but i’d try that.
also, i was doing exploring the other day on my resto sham, and i could easily take on 2-3 lvl 30 mobs in stormsong valley and she’s like ilvl 80 (so not even full epic)

i don’t know how it is nowadays, some time ago there was a bug that hunter pets hit% was unaffected by lvl difference. idk if that’s still the case, but i’d try that.
also, i was doing exploring the other day on my resto sham, and i could easily take on 2-3 lvl 30 mobs in stormsong valley and she’s like ilvl 80 (so not even full epic)
I remember in cata I had a hit stacked hunter and would be able to solo lv 65-66 mobs in outland with relative ease

@Paroag does the SL trinkets not work for MOP world mobs? I know for sure i was able to solo timeless isle rares with them

I remember in cata I had a hit stacked hunter and would be able to solo lv 65-66 mobs in outland with relative ease
oh those were the days lmao I remember soloing kurenai rep as a challenge (got exalted too), though relative ease is YMMV - needed a LOT of kiting space as I recall.

Sl trinket is currently the fastest. I initially tested it without success but probably out of present timeline, it actually works and mobs are being killed almost instantly. Thanks for the help !

Fury Warrior has technically the most physical natural hit abilities under level 20. Level 20 Whirlwind against a level 60-70 at the Community Feast - I was hitting every so often so I would think as I melt level 25-35 (non-elites) that farming a MoP elite may be workable. The key is that some MoP items are not useable at level 20, so caution is advised if farming for toys as one may be able to put in toybox but not actually be able to use due the level requirement.

But bleed effects are useful as these when applied can also do physical damage over time; key is you have to be able to hit the target to apply.

Druids can talent into bleeds, Rake/Rip + Thrash also Mangle as feral, so Guardian could get Thrash as a bleed from the talent tree but wants more of the bear talents vs cat form ones but has more physical damage abilities via Guardian Tree.

The Shadowlands trinket is not as effective against non-WoD mobs; it doesn't do as much DPS vs other expansion mobs in theory. The necklace Hidden Satyr still is viable.

Users who are viewing this thread