Microsoft set to acquire Activision Blizzard after FTC Battle Victory

Dragpz

Grandfathered
If you haven't heard already, Microsoft was able have the FTC's objection to the merger struck down by a federal judge. (CNBC) This means that Microsoft is pretty much clear to merge with Acti-Blizz, but they will still have to negotiate or make special provisions with the UK's Competition and Markets Authority (CMA). This merger is also expected to line the pocket of the already extremely wealthy CEO of Blizzard, Mr. Bobby Kotick, whose shares in Activision-Blizzard would be worth over $400 million USD if the merger goes through. (CNN)

Many players are speculating that this will mean that a WoW subscription will be bundled with the Xbox Game Pass, others are expecting a Halo/Minecraft cross-over (World of Minecraft?), but, in all honesty, I doubt that there will be many changes to WoW. Blizzard is already dead last in revenue stream and MAUs when compared to Activision or King (Activision Investing). So I really doubt MS acquiring Acti-Blizz will have any effect on WoW. It's more likely they want to get direct access to CoD, maybe Diablo, maybe even Candy Crush, as these all outperform WoW in terms of numbers. Don't get me wrong, I am hoping there will be changes to the game that will make players come back, but all signs point to no. In the end, the only person that wins is Bobby, because it's Bobby's world.

iu

Okay brothers and sisters I had a long talk with mom.
She said dad wasn't putting the family first and had to go.

Good news is that we get to keep the house.
Bad news is mom met a new guy and he's moving in to help with the bills.

remember this is hard on mom as well as us so lets welcome him to the family, for moms sake.

1689305578932.png

Hey kids, im looking forward to getting to know all of you. I love your mom very much and hope to find my place in this Family.

I'm excited for this to be completed and Microsoft to take over and shake things up at Blizz. I'd be nervous if I worked at Blizz atm, going to be a competitive environment in the very near future. Competition does breed innovation however at a price. Hope they can iron out the wrinkles in the fabric of the culture within the walls of that company also. Something needs to change and Microsoft is the company to do it. Hopefully* :frogeW:

Also love that pic of Bobby, hahaha. :FrogeConcern:

Users who are viewing this thread