General Rogue Utility Belt Macros

Mocha

Legendary
This series of macros applies to rogues of both high level and low level. I have designed these to add incredible functionality to some spells in order to cut down on action bar space. This is not the fully extensive list of macros for everything that I use, this is just a basic idea of some basic macros you should be using in conjunction with some of the template macros from the Macros You NEED To Use guide.

Spamable Stealth + Distract Macro:
Code:
#showtooltip stealth
/stopattack
/cast [combat][stealth]Distract;!Stealth

Description: This macro is a spamable stealth macro meaning you can spam it and you won't have to worry about accidentally canceling your stealth. For additional functionality, this macro will also function as your distract ability even in combat, while fcing, or in stealth. Throwing a distract can mess up an enemy from capturing a flag for example as it will alter their movement temporarily.

No-Fail Vanish:
Code:
#showtooltip
/stopattack
/castsequence [combat] Vanish; Stealth

Description: If you are in combat attempting to vanish, this macro will do exactly that... however if you are not in combat and press vanish, you will instead stealth and you will not accidentally put one of your most important abilities on cooldown. You can add cloak of shadows if you'd like, but I personally like keeping cloak away from my vanish macro as I tend to use cloak a lot in combat and I can't have an interference of delaying my vanish if my cloak is on cooldown.

Mocha's Archmage SubStep:
Code:
#showtooltip Shadowstep
/use archmage vargoth's spare staff
/target image of Archmage Vargoth
/cast shadowstep

Description: This is one of my absolute baby macros. I've been using this for a very, very long time. On first button press, your character will use the Archmage Vargoth toy from your collections page at your current location. Then on second press you will shadowstep to the previous location as long as you are in line of sight or Archmage Vargoth! This will work in RBGs, PvE and casual PvP. You will have people losing their minds. I promise.

Stealth + Cannibalize or Eat:
Code:
#showtooltip Cannibalize
/cast Cannibalize
/cast Stealth

Description: If you're not in combat and missing health and you happen to be an undead, hit this macro while standing over an enemy corpse and you will canibalize them while you stealth. If you are in combat you will simply canibalize. You can use this same concept but edit cannibalize for whatever food you'd like and eat in stealth instead of cannibalize.

Shadowstep Kick:
Code:
#showtooltip Kick
/cast @[target=focus] Shadowstep
/cast @[target=focus] Kick

Description: This is what you'll use if you need to quickly and unpredictably interrupt a cast spell from a distance while on rogue. If you are specced into shadowstep, use this macro and you will shadowstep to your target and kick them on second key press. If you are not specced into shadowstep or if it is on cool down, this spell will simply kick your focus target which is still what you'll use to interrupt your focus target.

Focus Blind:
Code:
#showtooltip Blind
/cast @[target=mouseover] blind

Description: Use this macro to unpredictably blind your focus target. This is essential to landing kills by focus CCing a healer or second target.

Stealth Busting Sap Hax:
Code:
#showtooltip Sap
/cleartarget
/targetenemyplayer
/cast [harm, nodead] sap
/stopattack

Description: We created this macro in order to get quick saps in rogue vs rogue duels when the beginning of the duel is one rogue looking to sap the other rogue while in stealth to get the opener on them. This macro is very fast and will sap the closest enemy player to you. Bind this macro to something such as shift + scroll wheel up and shift+scroll wheel down for the absolute best response time. I suggest leaving your scroll wheel with no modifier set up for scroll clicking (click here for guide) and to change your zoom to control + scroll wheel or alt + scroll wheel or whatever modifier you'd like.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread