Wandering Isle Stayers

Haven't leveled a Panda in a while, but it looks like you choose your Starting Faction in the character creation screen now. Can you still make a neutral panda?

Well, anyways, I'll try one of each and see what happens. Wake me up 60 days from now

Last edited:
Is it possible to use a mount on The Wandering Isle? I made a lvl 10 priest, but all I can use is the Sea Turtle.

Is it possible to use a mount on The Wandering Isle? I made a lvl 10 priest, but all I can use is the Sea Turtle.
Not unless they fix a "bug" I reported the account wide training as not working to a GM who suggested I submit a bug report, but as it is currently you don't actually get your training until you leave the island. I was sitting nearby where people pick a faction on an alt earlier today and seen them getting the achievement for Giddy Up as they were ported off the island.

what about the BOA mount?

Heirloom mount doesn't work. From about a minute of testing it looks like toys and pets consider the faction you picked on creation, but you only have a faction for mounts/mog/heirlooms when you leave.

Heirloom mount doesn't work. From about a minute of testing it looks like toys and pets consider the faction you picked on creation, but you only have a faction for mounts/mog/heirlooms when you leave.

Toys and pets are horde. I made a horde priest and an alliance shaman and both can use horde toys and pets only.

Figured I'd post a link to it here. I made a guide, I'm still adding more to it, even as of earlier today.

https://www.wowhead.com/guide/the-life-of-a-neutral-pandaren-on-the-wandering-isle-23227
Interesting read! Glad to see you're still kicking around. I had originally made my panda stayer way back when you originally popularized it.

How did you get all those BOEs on your 70s? Example your mage has some tasty looking gear.

I tried upgrading my panda stayer with the new welcome back feature of receiving quest reset and gear boost but doesn't seem to work, i get a LUA error in character select page. Have you ever dabbled with this?

Some people have guilds, it's also a method of getting stuff on Exile's Reach, even the starting ship... Got a level 61 there I believe. If you can get a mailbox somehow you can buy off the mobile AH.

I've been told if you use the gear boost thing that it forces you off the isle and changes your faction, not sure which one it forces you to, but I definitely wouldn't try it on a character you're willing to lose. Though it apparently used to give an error, not sure if it's back to an error instead of doing something... not something I'm willing to do on level 70s.

I've been updating the guide a lot after it went live to include a lot of what can be "fished" up. Also a lot more fishing achieves may be possible than what I originally thought.

Users who are viewing this thread