Mists of Pandaria Remix

was anyone able to confirm that we can xp lock at 20 or is it better to just park an evoker at that lvl before the switch
I didn't find a way to do it myself, so the short answer is just park them close to 20, wait for the remix to end, then lock xp normally.

Kinda glad & kinda disappointed that the Tusks are for sale.
Everyone is going to have em now. Though, as I type that; i'm really glad they chose to put the G-looms in the remix.
I barely played MoP & missed out on em.

Wowhead shows these released at 5.4 patch, for some reason do not remember these being available at the start of the near 14 month SOO and TI content drought of MOP. at first i believe you could only get them on heroic and mythic later normal was added. there was a item level difference based on SOO difficulty which was squished or smoothed to all being same level, at the time to get BIS version you would have to get it on a mythic kill.

i did complete a SOO heroic once and got 1 two gem boa axe, friend who was into raiding got 3 from 4 SOO complete runs. had these been around for 14 months i beleive he would have had more

the main reason alot of twinks who were subbed did not bother with these BOAs was due to the level required and were of no use unless you were leveling in WOD. no one o ever thought 6 years later at the start of SL they could be used starting at level 1. many said things like: "wo be yee getzen dat", "you got lucky", "man if i knew this would happen", "i should have", "i wish", etc etc. now 10 years later we have another chance

with this short 3 month event, seems like 20 kills for currency to get one will be a bit much and more than likely get nerfed

Wowhead shows these released at 5.4 patch, for some reason do not remember these being available at the start of the near 14 month SOO and TI content drought of MOP. at first i believe you could only get them on heroic and mythic later normal was added. there was a item level difference based on SOO difficulty which was squished or smoothed to all being same level, at the time to get BIS version you would have to get it on a mythic kill.

i did complete a SOO heroic once and got 1 two gem boa axe, friend who was into raiding got 3 from 4 SOO complete runs. had these been around for 14 months i beleive he would have had more

the main reason alot of twinks who were subbed did not bother with these BOAs was due to the level required and were of no use unless you were leveling in WOD. no one o ever thought 6 years later at the start of SL they could be used starting at level 1. many said things like: "wo be yee getzen dat", "you got lucky", "man if i knew this would happen", "i should have", "i wish", etc etc. now 10 years later we have another chance

with this short 3 month event, seems like 20 kills for currency to get one will be a bit much and more than likely get nerfed
Please fill me in I haven't played F2P since MoP. Does getting these undo a lot of retail GFing? I want an excuse to try F2P again.

I think you could get them on normal mode, just not on flex raiding (which was a thing before there was regular scaling) or raidfinder.

yeah the amount you have to save up seems excessive

Please fill me in I haven't played F2P since MoP. Does getting these undo a lot of retail GFing? I want an excuse to try F2P again.

GF'd BOAs can be acquired during MOP remix and will add to your retail WOW BOAs. unsubbed and F2P can play the remix up to 20.
it may be worthwhile to create a separate paid account attached to your Bnet account for this event to earn these which would show on your F2P account also

see post #62 above

I think you could get them on normal mode, just not on flex raiding (which was a thing before there was regular scaling) or raidfinder.

yeah the amount you have to save up seems excessive
That is also how I remember it. Plus there was no mythic before wod.

That is also how I remember it. Plus there was no mythic before wod.
Afair they were released in 3 versions each - including flex (known as normal now), just not LFR. Inbetween, the difference among versions was 1-2 ilvl, thats not critical but essential for twinking.
Also after all that squishes sometimes stats went nuts, look at this:
noagility.png

At certain char level (17 for that picture) losing primary stat (agi, i.e.) completely, that is where hc/mythic variations may show some difference too.

blizzard did changes to SOO difficulties on WOD prepatch. WOD did not release till one month later, so the changes were in MOP, at that point heroic was made mythic, normal to heroic, flex to normal, etc.

i got into a group at 550+ as a tank, my BOA was labeled heroic (still is today). i did try to get into some mythic pugs but those were all fails.

the SOO BOAs scaled 90-100 so they were non twink items at the time, my goal was to get one for leveling a warrior, DK. and paladin in WOD

blizzard did changes to SOO difficulties on WOD prepatch. WOD did not release till one month later, so the changes were in MOP, at that point heroic was made mythic, normal to heroic, flex to normal, etc.
Wrong. MoP patches are 5.x, WoD prepatch is 6.0.y
Prepatch is part of next expansion. It event has it in the name WoD prepatch.

First impressions: It's... weird.
It's so very NOT 'WoW' & feels more like an open Alpha for some other game they have in development.
Other than farming up the unavailables ( G-looms, etc. ) & swaggy new mounts,
I don't see the toons coming back to retail afterwards with even an echo of the power we're obtaining here.

I don't see the toons coming back to retail afterwards with even an echo of the power we're obtaining here.

On the PTR everything got wiped from the characters when they got kicked out. It was like they did a gear update, only all the old stuff vanished instead of going to the mailbox. Did keep the riding skill though.

Also for vets/f2p, I logged in two vet accounts and was able to invite myself without a sub. Dunno if this gets limited later on or not, but it worked just outside the starting zone.

Users who are viewing this thread