10.2.6 Twink Changes

You will need one of each gem type (ex mastery, Vers, haste) in order to get the full benefit. Each gem in that legs needs to be unique.

Confirmed to work! At least with the one mastery gem I had to try. I'll get a third type later. Great to know, and thank you!

A strange idiosyncrasy I noticed for the SL healing gem is that, at least at level 29, the gem only heals for +100 for each SL gem AFTER the 1st TWO SL gems. So for example, 12 SL gems on my 29 hunter is only healing for 1266 (+133 x 2, +100 x 10). Anyone venture a guess as to why?
Not sure why, but it's the same with speed one, first gives 7, rest gives 6 or something like that (at lvl 20)

So... Gloves, cufflinks, boots & rings from WoD now; & the rest back to the SL TBC grind?
the ilvl87 (epic upgraded) TBC dungeon quest gear (chest, boots, belt, and bracers) still seems to be BIS for f2p and vet 20s. Not sure about the stat trade off between TBC ilvl61 socket gear and WOD ilvl87+speed/leech+socket gear for f2p.

If you're vet and speed-capped, do you need more sockets? Does the SL gem healing scale infinitely after the first two gems, or is it eventually capped like speed? I don't know, seems like it might.

So... Gloves, cufflinks, boots & rings from WoD now; & the rest back to the SL TBC grind?
At level 10/11, you only need so many slots before maxing out the hp gen and speed, so ideally you want to have as many purple epics so I'd say get the chest and pants so you have 6 sockets between 2 pieces rather than 4 blues with 1 to 2 sockets each. This way you only lose the extra stats from missing 2 epics. Can't imagine a 10/11 needs more than 6 SL gems with how they scale.

Not sure why, but it's the same with speed one, first gives 7, rest gives 6 or something like that (at lvl 20)
I can't say for sure, but I think the values for the doublets were increased after SL launch but it only applied to the doublets themselves, not the stat gems. While the tooltip is misleading, I think it's kinda cool design to have the doublets give a third more effect than the plain stat gems.

A strange idiosyncrasy I noticed for the SL healing gem is that, at least at level 29, the gem only heals for +100 for each SL gem AFTER the 1st TWO SL gems. So for example, 12 SL gems on my 29 hunter is only healing for 1266 (+133 x 2, +100 x 10). Anyone venture a guess as to why?

Does your 29 hunter demolish most people in BGs?

What are my options that come with with socket's? Mostly interested in back, shoulder, or feet. Mainly because they have the least stats warforged and cant come with a socket warforged.

For plate so far ive found https://www.wowhead.com/item=24064/ironsole-clompers for feet and https://www.wowhead.com/item=27771/doomplate-shoulderguards for shoulder

For mail ive found https://www.wowhead.com/item=37167/dragon-slayers-sabatons for feet

I haven't found any others for leather or cloth so if you know some I didn't list above lmk plz :)
Southshore Sneakers for leather 2 sockets
Shoulderpads of Assassination 2 sockets

You will need one of each gem type (ex mastery, Vers, haste) in order to get the full benefit. Each gem in that legs needs to be unique.
Whats the cap for hp ticks.... 566? I was able to get 566 hp ticking with hp gem and vers gem in hands 1 vers gem in belt then a speed gem and 1 vers gem in legs. Then when I added a third gem (haste gem) to legs I still had a 566 tick.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread