79 MM hunter

pokemongank

Grandfathered
i am leveling chars getting ready for the best twinking of all time(80/ in cata) and on the way I’ve decided to twink a few chars at 79. I can’t seem to find any resources to hunt down quest chains/rep gear that I need to start working on. Any tips are appreciated!

No tips (because cata beta is already out) but you really think a 80 hunter is a better than a bis 84? Or you going for swag factor.

No tips (because cata beta is already out) but you really think a 80 hunter is a better than a bis 84? Or you going for swag factor.
From what I can remember hunters, mages, healers are all more OP at 80. I was wrecking honor geared 85s with my frostmage back in the day

From what I can remember hunters, mages, healers are all more OP at 80. I was wrecking honor geared 85s with my frostmage back in the day

Most likely because you never actually saw a bis 84 twink. They didn't exist. The BG queues were separated by exp on / exp off so there was zero incentive (queues were dead) for anyone to make a bis 84. It'll be similar to wotlk (79 verse 70). Some builds will be better at 80 with crazy scaling, others will be better at 84 with the new skills, extra talent points and the option to stack mastery on every piece of gear. Both my BM hunter (cobra shot is lvl 81) and sin rogue will be going 84 with max mastery for funsies. Even if stacking mastery gems at 80 gives a higher % than stacking mastery gear at 84, I still want 84 for the extra talents and higher agil / stam.

This is all assuming exp on / exp off is still merged like it is in wotlk!

You're probably right about healers though. There's no other way to get resilience. They'll need that lvl 80 scaling to not insta die. And ye 80 mage / MM hunter for crit scaling too probably.

Last edited:
i am leveling chars getting ready for the best twinking of all time(80/ in cata) and on the way I’ve decided to twink a few chars at 79. I can’t seem to find any resources to hunt down quest chains/rep gear that I need to start working on. Any tips are appreciated!
I've been playing this cata server for a while (whitemane) and what I can tell you by far 84 is best overall unless your going 81 for mastery. any 84 char can do enough damage to 1 shot any 80 twink. 80 sucks for most classes unless your going healer with a resil set or your rocking a caster like a mage, sp or a boomkin

Last edited:
unless your going 81 for mastery

What kind of mastery % can you achieve at 81 compared to 84? That sounds interesting. Can a 81 mastery stacker compete with a 84?

edit; Nm I found resto's stuff. Like this

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread