A Secret Cabal of 60 elites

maraki

It occurred to me that after all this time as a DF 60 (a 379 twink) that the issues in this bracket and probably also (with different people) at 70 is the secret cabal. It is the possible existence of a handful of nerd techies who are so fragile emotionally that their entire mission in life (not just Wow) is to manage gameplay for their benefit. And when I mean benefit, I mean winning pvp or in rare instances pve abuses. These players play both factions, are the leaders of guilds and comms (so they can manage who stays and goes), are highly technical about the game in such a way that their play is not as Bliz intended (predictive macros, software mods, etc). They will always be at the top of their bracket and they will always be attracted to twinking (because end game attracts too much dev attention). What you need to remember about these people is that they admire each other and compete with each other - but like in organized crime, it is friendly among each other. But if you are an outcast who speaks up or gets their gear or heaven forbid embarrasses them by killing them, you will get black-balled. It is sad really, because normal players in these brackets and communities don't know that their leaders are secretly the enemy, that the guy they trust is really setting up a bg to get them back, etc. The dog-eat-dog prison mentality of these nerds results in problems bracket-wide that are ignored and protected by the cabal. One elite player abusing a hack or a toy or something else is defended against the complaints of the regular players. And please note, the biggest problem is not the hack or the mod, it is how it is used. It is not a slight edge for a pvp team to win a regular game. It is used, as all weak people use things, to lash out at their enemies, often ignoring pvp play, ignoring objectives. This ultimately make the game about the players fragile ego and not about the rules of the game. So, if you think you have a group of friends in Wow, be careful. If they win a lot and get defensive a lot and seem to be saying some of the same weird things the other faction players are saying, be careful. It is the cabal of rancorous children ruining the game.

This is how funny the cabal is. Some of them participated in the 376 hunt that now appears gfed. So with 379s nerfed, they are now completely alone playing each other. Seems to have backfired.

It occurred to me that after all this time as a DF 60 (a 379 twink) that the issues in this bracket and probably also (with different people) at 70 is the secret cabal. It is the possible existence of a handful of nerd techies who are so fragile emotionally that their entire mission in life (not just Wow) is to manage gameplay for their benefit. And when I mean benefit, I mean winning pvp or in rare instances pve abuses. These players play both factions, are the leaders of guilds and comms (so they can manage who stays and goes), are highly technical about the game in such a way that their play is not as Bliz intended (predictive macros, software mods, etc). They will always be at the top of their bracket and they will always be attracted to twinking (because end game attracts too much dev attention). What you need to remember about these people is that they admire each other and compete with each other - but like in organized crime, it is friendly among each other. But if you are an outcast who speaks up or gets their gear or heaven forbid embarrasses them by killing them, you will get black-balled. It is sad really, because normal players in these brackets and communities don't know that their leaders are secretly the enemy, that the guy they trust is really setting up a bg to get them back, etc. The dog-eat-dog prison mentality of these nerds results in problems bracket-wide that are ignored and protected by the cabal. One elite player abusing a hack or a toy or something else is defended against the complaints of the regular players. And please note, the biggest problem is not the hack or the mod, it is how it is used. It is not a slight edge for a pvp team to win a regular game. It is used, as all weak people use things, to lash out at their enemies, often ignoring pvp play, ignoring objectives. This ultimately make the game about the players fragile ego and not about the rules of the game. So, if you think you have a group of friends in Wow, be careful. If they win a lot and get defensive a lot and seem to be saying some of the same weird things the other faction players are saying, be careful. It is the cabal of rancorous children ruining the game.
i think youre just bad and need to get gud kekw

Users who are viewing this thread