better gear for 60's?

Guys, i have a question, do u think my 60 war with 294 gear be ok to play in bgs (i havent bought DF, stopped playing game at that time):
https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-gb/character/eu/draenor/fatalem
The pvp bonus still works on your gear, you’ll scale to 307 in bgs. You’ll be fine against any SL 60. You’ll eventually run into some people who farmed zaralek caverns rares for 380 ilvl greens during the month long DF trial, they will have armor and health much higher than you can ever get

I had a this drop for a 61 farmer alt while killing Karokta. WoWhead shows it requires level 60 and is 350 ilvl at 60. I don't know if it's possible to get Flightstones currency to upgrade it before level 70. Honestly no idea if this is useful info at all but thought I'd share. Looks like it drops from a variety of rares in the zone, so as previously suggested possibly worth joining large rare farming groups.
1690244764942.png

I had a this drop for a 61 farmer alt while killing Karokta. WoWhead shows it requires level 60 and is 350 ilvl at 60. I don't know if it's possible to get Flightstones currency to upgrade it before level 70. Honestly no idea if this is useful info at all but thought I'd share. Looks like it drops from a variety of rares in the zone, so as previously suggested possibly worth joining large rare farming groups.
View attachment 23266
This item says "binds when picked up". So i wouldnt be able to farm it as a 60 without DF bought.
I have another idea (in theory, dont wanna spent my money to check it): what if i bought DF on account 1, farm the hell out of rares without getting 61 and then transfer that toon to account 2, which doesnt have DF?
I guess it's possible, but noone cares much about 60 twinks.

This item says "binds when picked up". So i wouldnt be able to farm it as a 60 without DF bought.
I have another idea (in theory, dont wanna spent my money to check it): what if i bought DF on account 1, farm the hell out of rares without getting 61 and then transfer that toon to account 2, which doesnt have DF?
I guess it's possible, but noone cares much about 60 twinks.
I know nothing about 60 twinking, and I have never played DF, but I do have DF on my account, and i have another account without. I'm willing to test this out for you as it interests me. Could you give me a super simple rundown of what rares or items I should go for?

I know nothing about 60 twinking, and I have never played DF, but I do have DF on my account, and i have another account without. I'm willing to test this out for you as it interests me. Could you give me a super simple rundown of what rares or items I should go for?
cant lock xp at 60 so if you’re going to farm the caverns for drops, which are 1-3% drop rate, i assume the xp debuff has to be used to get minimal xp. most of the 60’s who farmed the caverns during the trial period banked enough xp to ding 70 if/when we upgrade to DF.

cant lock xp at 60 so if you’re going to farm the caverns for drops, which are 1-3% drop rate, i assume the xp debuff has to be used to get minimal xp. most of the 60’s who farmed the caverns during the trial period banked enough xp to ding 70 if/when we upgrade to DF.
Easiest way I have found is to just tag the mob and then die before it does, and then wait until its dead to release. You will still be able to loot and will avoid XP.

And yes, I can confirm the BOP greens are frustratingly low drop rate. I have gotten 1 piece after like 40+ kills.

Easiest way I have found is to just tag the mob and then die before it does, and then wait until its dead to release. You will still be able to loot and will avoid XP.

And yes, I can confirm the BOP greens are frustratingly low drop rate. I have gotten 1 piece after like 40+ kills.
i think the players who farned the most pieces have well over 300 kills. certan mobs can respawn all day if you can figure out which ones then find them on different shards. the “bugged” spawn is a different one each day. some days there wasn’t a bugged elite. hope this helps!

yes i'm the guy who farmed the 379s and ruined bgs. It is a 2.5 percent drop rate. But easily you can kill 100 before your first drop (odds). I had 645 kills and got 16 pieces (4 dupes). If you have 275 ilvl plus you can make a big diff in bgs, just learn to play under a DF 60. Come help. The farmers need to die!

yes i'm the guy who farmed the 379s and ruined bgs. It is a 2.5 percent drop rate. But easily you can kill 100 before your first drop (odds). I had 645 kills and got 16 pieces (4 dupes). If you have 275 ilvl plus you can make a big diff in bgs, just learn to play under a DF 60. Come help. The farmers need to die!
can i ask have u opened any of the grand hunt things and if so what kinde of iteams does it give?? does it really give 350 iteams liek it say on wowhead for lvl 60?

can i ask have u opened any of the grand hunt things and if so what kinde of iteams does it give?? does it really give 350 iteams liek it say on wowhead for lvl 60?
ilvl 418, BUT only if you got the spoils ("grand hunt things") while you were level 59-- Then you level to 60, and then you open them.

At least, that's how it works for the moment... Certain "bad actors" attempted some gate keeping months ago, and I would suspect it will result in a reduced lifespan of the gear due to floods of reports. You can expect said gear to be nerfed as early as late-March or mid-April.

ilvl 418, BUT only if you got the spoils ("grand hunt things") while you were level 59-- Then you level to 60, and then you open them.

At least, that's how it works for the moment... Certain "bad actors" attempted some gate keeping months ago, and I would suspect it will result in a reduced lifespan of the gear due to floods of reports. You can expect said gear to be nerfed as early as late-March or mid-April.
oaky can i ask u how i can get a 350+ weapon for my guardian druid cant find anything about how to get a 350+ weapon for a 60

Weapons come from spoils. There is a rare that drops 415 weapons, but the rare doesn't drop anything for guard bear.
okay okay any ide on how many of the spoils i should farm on my 59 befor i go 60?? i got liek 15 now and i know its not allot

okay okay any ide on how many of the spoils i should farm on my 59 befor i go 60?? i got liek 15 now and i know its not allot
At least 300+ to make sure you get a full set. I had over 300 bags and still ended up with only one pair of gloves.

The greens can proc sockets/tert as well, so the more you can stash, the better. Basically as many as you can hold in all of your bags, and maybe even a week or two's worth in your mailbox once your bags are full.

Also, if you are a STR/AGI class, don't forget to stock up on the boxes from the assault on Dragonbane keep to, for the trinket.

At least 300+ to make sure you get a full set. I had over 300 bags and still ended up with only one pair of gloves.

The greens can proc sockets/tert as well, so the more you can stash, the better. Basically as many as you can hold in all of your bags, and maybe even a week or two's worth in your mailbox once your bags are full.

Also, if you are a STR/AGI class, don't forget to stock up on the boxes from the assault on Dragonbane keep to, for the trinket.
ooh so if i dont have bag space it go to mail good to know yee i had plane to farm long time

daam looked on your 60 how long time did it take for u t oget all that 418 gear on it and weapons?

daam looked on your 60 how long time did it take for u t oget all that 418 gear on it and weapons?

This is a summary of what I farmed on my DH. Of note, I got the 376 trinket prior to 10.2, those are GF now AFAIK.

Grand Hunt Spoils - White bags
315 total
4 Centaur hunting Trophy per bag - 1260 total
15 Dragon Isle Supplies per bag - 4725 total
14 Item level 418 weapons, One with Tert
28 Item level 418 equipment pieces, 4 with Tert

Zero useable gear from any of the Green/Blue/Purple bags

Dragonbane Keep Strongbox
24 blue - one 418 helm, and one 418 Trinket (Battle-Scarred Scale)
100g per box, 1 Dragon Isles Artifact and a Titan Relic per box.

3 Purple
One piece of gear from each, but all gear was 421 req 70

Obsidian Strongbox x 3
Nothing, just gold (lots of gold), relics, and supplies

Supply-Laden Soup Pot x 1
1 unuseable 421 weapon

This is a summary of what I farmed on my DH. Of note, I got the 376 trinket prior to 10.2, those are GF now AFAIK.

Grand Hunt Spoils - White bags
315 total
4 Centaur hunting Trophy per bag - 1260 total
15 Dragon Isle Supplies per bag - 4725 total
14 Item level 418 weapons, One with Tert
28 Item level 418 equipment pieces, 4 with Tert

Zero useable gear from any of the Green/Blue/Purple bags

24 blue - one 418 helm, and one 418 Trinket (Battle-Scarred Scale)
100g per box, 1 Dragon Isles Artifact and a Titan Relic per box.

3 Purple
One piece of gear from each, but all gear was 421 req 70

Obsidian Strongbox x 3
Nothing, just gold (lots of gold), relics, and supplies

Supply-Laden Soup Pot x 1
1 unuseable 421 weapon
okay but how long tiem did it take for u to get in that many grand hunt spoils like how many weeks or month??

okay but how long tiem did it take for u to get in that many grand hunt spoils like how many weeks or month??
Uhh, hard to say how long it took me. Prior to 10.2 I was working on like 7 different characters at once, since all I was doing was the handfull of world quests that gave 376 gear at that time, it was like 30 min per character at the time. I was basically just seeing which character would get a full set of gear first, and then level them to 60, many weeks I would get nothing.

When 10.2 hit and all the WQ updated to level 70 rewards, and it was discovered that bags dropped 418 gear, I swapped to bag farming on a single character and spent a few weeks casually farming bags with a group that did call outs and invites to shards with active hunts.

Some days I farmed none, other days I copped like 50 bags in one day.

According to my Discord logs, I farmed bags on my DH from Nov 13th to Dec 2nd, so about two weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread