Dragonriding no longer available below lvl 30 in Dragon Isles

Autofail

It might be common knowledge for most by now, but I just realized a few days ago – when I brought my lvl 10 toon back to Dragon Isles – that it is no longer possible to dragonride in Dragon Isles on toons below lvl 30 :(

For those who didn’t know, up until recently it was possible to dragonride in Dragon Isles with low level toons. I did it myself on my lvl 10 warrior and got the Dragon Isles exploration achievements that way. It was fun although you only had access to 3 Vigor, even if your main had unlocked all facets of dragonriding.

What has changed is, that Blizzard have made dragonriding dependent on having the Expert Riding skill which is learnable at lvl 30. That was not a requirement to begin with.

Technically you can still dragonride as low as 25 if you had a character with GF'd flying.

I can still dragonride on my level 29.

I can even confirm that you can still unlock all your dragon riding glyph abilities as long as you have gotten to 70 on another character and finished the main zone story quests.

If you have done that on a 70, just make your way to Valdraken on your 30 (or 25-29 if you have GF'd flying) and talk Unatos in the bottom floor of the Seat of the Aspects, it will unlock your Renown window while in the Dragon Isles, allowing you to spend your glyph points.

Users who are viewing this thread