Enchanting fixed

smart players will manage their CDs around the 10-second tick.

some socket gears are so hard to farm, anyone remember spending days in OHBF for leggings off last boss?

The speed alone is extremely tempting tbh for socket gear, I would farm out the socket gear just for running dungeons solo since the speed and health regen makes it significantly faster/easier.

Classes like rogues will also want it so they can solo at all without ooze.

Minor Speed vs. Blurred Speed/Pandera Step/Tuskarr's Vitality
-Tertiary stats from armor and gems (shown as Speed on your character screen) stack with other enchants but DO NOT affect mount speed or swim speed

-Blurred Speed/Pandaren Step/Tuskarr's Vitality stack with Tertiary and affect swim speed. DOES NOT stack with other movement enchants, racial, or some class abilities/talents
-Minor Speed stacks with racial and other movement enchants. Does not affect swim speed. Stacks with class talents and abilities tested thus far, but cannot say 'all'

Conclusion: Minor Speed is best choice. 10% speed is better than the small Agi/Str/AP/Mastery that you could get from other enchants.

Tip: Classic enchanting 225 isn't that difficult, can get to 150 by disenchanting Expeditonary Staff (sold in SW/Org) and making wands. 150 to 225 will need Tailoring to make Silk Headbands, Black Mageweave Leggings and possibly Runecloth Headbands.
HOWEVER: Minor Speed also requires 1 Aquamarine per enchant. If you do not have these, get them first. Take mining and mine Mithril in Burning Steppes. Mine at least 50 Mithril to prospect (35% chance should yield 3-5 Aquamarine).

*As with any enchants, make extras so you have them for future gear obtained.

Minor Power vs. Gift of ... (Draenor enchant) on cloaks
-Minor Power is 1 primary stat at level 10 or 3 primary stats at level 20 (2 at level 15/16)
-Gift of .... enchant is 1 secondary (regardless of level ) and 2% Speed

Conclusion: If I have significant speed from other sources, I prefer the primary stat. Opinions will vary.

The alliance pvp vendor in ashenvale sell some plate legs for 22g each that you can DE for mats, can get you to above 225.

Idk where the horde version of that vendlr is, but prob also works.
Horde vendor on hill slightly behind from flight point at gateway to Ashenville from Northern Barrens

If you do not have these, get them first. Take mining
I had this in mind for a few monthes, also knowing i dislike to drop profs. So i've got some from fishing, here and there, and stacked for this day. Can't say it will be fast, but if you don't wanna drop a prof - you can try fishing, or chests if you can pick locks

if you have the ooze trinket, start farming dire maul, zulfarak, scholo, strat etc solo. i picked up a ton of tmogs and built up enchanting mats and went from 200 to 300 enchanting, i got aquamarines on drops, and large brilliant shards from the blues. if you plan on LS mats, you will need to do stratholme for essence of undeath, and diremaul for living essence and essence of undeath. for crusader you will need to do stratholme for crusader orbs

horde have https://www.wowhead.com/npc=42028/kromgar-quartermaster you will have to unlock him thru the zone questline, he starts selling a few items early which builds up mats. when you open vendor pick select all, so you can buy all armor types. you can 1-300 with this vendor

select all option with these vendors also
- alliance https://www.wowhead.com/npc=167429/quartermaster-richter
- horde https://www.wowhead.com/npc=169166/provisioner-jinhake

Last edited:
Unless I'm missing something; is ilvl 87 items still the highest a level 20 can obtain, at the moment? Or do we suspect for the next expansion pre-patch that item level between levels 10-20 change again?

I ask because as noted the Shadowlands enchanting still have to be at level 50 on most of the more useful item enchants but the other expansions have the under ilvl 320 tag. Yet Dragonflight besides some entry items most crafted are > ilvl 320 and War Within enchanting hasn't been finalized.

Unless I'm missing something; is ilvl 87 items still the highest a level 20 can obtain, at the moment? Or do we suspect for the next expansion pre-patch that item level between levels 10-20 change again?
That's a good question. I didn't think about it, but item level did change when the shadow lands content got added to chromie time, maybe the same will happen again. I have noticed the warforged wod gear seems to be the highest Ilvl gear you can get at any lvl(59 and below). At 30 the ICC heroic gear is 115, same as WF WOD gear. At 35 the siege of org mythic gear is 126, while WF WOD is 130, and the gap gets bigger from there

About Shadowlands Gems:

Around Patch 10.0, I discovered the Shadowlands +Speed & Regen Gems only counts different Shadowlands gems in the same gear slot.

That means if you put 3 Rare SL Versa Gems in your chestpiece, you will gain +Speed & Regen only once (not thrice).

The best way to deal with this is to spread your Speed & Regen gems over two gear slots with 2+ sockets. (Edit: Like this chestpiece)

That way you can gem your best stat most of time --- and will only need to use a Second-best stat Rare gem / Best stat Uncommon gem on 3-Sockets pieces.

Can anyone confirm this still is the case? Edit: Yes.

Last edited:
Around Patch 10.0, I discovered the Shadowlands +Speed & Regen Gems only counts each different type of Shadowlands gem per gear slot (but doesn't count more than 1 identic Shadowlands Gem on the same slot).

Can anyone confirm this still is the case?
It's still the case. I ran into this a couple weeks ago after they made Shadowlands gems available in lower ilvl gear.

It's still the case. I ran into this a couple weeks ago after they made Shadowlands gems available in lower ilvl gear.
Thanks, Reverie! I noticed Paigexd also did this and figured the bug was still around.

That's a good question. I didn't think about it, but item level did change when the shadow lands content got added to chromie time, maybe the same will happen again. I have noticed the warforged wod gear seems to be the highest Ilvl gear you can get at any lvl(59 and below). At 30 the ICC heroic gear is 115, same as WF WOD gear. At 35 the siege of org mythic gear is 126, while WF WOD is 130, and the gap gets bigger from there
I'll also add to this, for anyone who messes around with higher lvl twinks...the classic dungeon epics will scale to the same ilvl as WF WOD gear for your character level, if you are in the cata timeline when you loot it

Would also just like to ask, has anyone looted a helm with socket proc since the last patch? I've been farming the circle of flame on my 35 priest since around the time of the patch. Out of around 25 drops, I've had 2 with tert but no socket yet...I know I know, RNG. I just need to know someone has gotten something head slot with a socket xD

Would also just like to ask, has anyone looted a helm with socket proc since the last patch? I've been farming the circle of flame on my 35 priest since around the time of the patch. Out of around 25 drops, I've had 2 with tert but no socket yet...I know I know, RNG. I just need to know someone has gotten something head slot with a socket xD
yeh, i87 wod head w/ crit =s

Pics or it didn't happen XD

@_@ ok

for any newbie gear farmers out there, i recorded a session of decently speedy farm runs on iron docks

edit: some extra tips for runners from Wisely, who uses more finesse than myself:
-2nd boss, drop totem asap you drop combat with stealth, sooner you do, sooner it will recharge for last
-3rd boss, i use better safe than sorry way, and its safe to spam "gtfo" macro after pull, it won't start until boss dies, and totem will surely recharge in time
-qol addon, i use dejunk one - to get rid of unwanted scraps

I actually like a 1 min break between runs for a short mental break, but I wondered about spamming the quit macro before the boss was dead, g2know =)
Yeh, adibags just broke and its replacement isn't nearly good enough, I'm on the lookout for a replacement bag mod unfortunately. It did the dejunking stuff for me before.
I'd also add you have to do at least one spinjump off a ledge, it definetly helps you go faster. It's like racing stripes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread