How good is the spellfire set for 29s

Blankets

I'm thinking about making an arcane mage at this level and my tailoring main can craft the set/ has one sitting in the bank.

After looking at the 29s armory most of the mages seem to be using it so guessing it's good? Or is the set only good with specific gear (balefire branch/other int boosters)?

Last edited:
Ok well then should I try and farm the spellstrike patterns for the 2pc helm pants set or are meta gems that much better?

So I main an arcane mage and became comfortable w/ around 12-15% haste for TotM pre tier 2pc so this is my general goal as well as as close to 30% mastery as I can, again for comfort. This is all while maintaining an unbuffed Int of 286 (for the 7% spellfire set). Another note of interest is that an unbuffed Int of 286 with the constant buff of Arcane Intellect results in a total Int of 300. Regarding all of this I still want a minimum of 10% vers, crit is whatever I can afford (Posses Icon of Unyielding Courage if needed).

It feels like a tall order

The one thing I noticed is the ability to utilize double on-use trinkets w/o the usual 20s cd. Is Branch/Tusk or Branch/Rune(ToC) the bigger burst? This impacts my dungeon farming (as I have Branch but still need the Rune). I consider Whelpling a necessary evil until I can farm a cloak, offhand, and rings (all sockets mastery focused). My neck of choice is Talisman of the Breaker for the silence/interrupt reduction (with an ability like that and I can live w/o secondarys).

Tbh, adjusting gems fells a lot like reforging ... ugh.

Word of advice if you main mage on retail, spam Halls of Valor as I think Hymdall will drop the DF version of MLP as a refresher

But as of now I am Itemizing assorted TBC socketed gear and collecting trinkets.
I am a trinket whore and took jewelcrafting not only for crafted/ socketed rings and necks (as holdover pieces), but for the assorted socketed northrend jewelcrafting trinkets. I mean they're fun but ok.

Regarding trinkets what is the state of proc based trinkets (looking at Quagmirran's Eye and Moonstone Luck Totem in particular(.
Another Ugh, 60's have it so easy, first run Simcraft Top Gear/Drop Optimizer for best results and boom, repeat each Tuesday.

I've gotten 3.5k arcane blasts and I'm chasing that frigging dragon!!

For leather wearers, it is not better to use the spellfire set. Druids armor specialization gives 5% increase of your primary attribute while wearing your correct armor class.

I'm just having fun enjoying the set while I collect pieces for prepatch and forward. Though I think I may have spent more time in TBC dungeons than I needed.

Users who are viewing this thread