ilvl 155 gear?

Never log out, never surrender

1692902911653.png

Im so glad I spent my time playing Co-op in Baldurs Gate 3 rather than single player broken game

How to keep your item level 155 gear:

If you haven't logged in yet with your ilvl 155 twink, go restore any vendored or deleted items first (BEFORE YOU LOGIN) while they still don't have a level requirement: https://us.battle.net/support/en/restoration OR https://eu.battle.net/support/en/restoration

Note that you can restore up to 50 items at a time with 7-day cooldown per account (for each account on your battle.net). F2Ps can use this service too.

If you have already logged in and your gear is NOT red, you should still go ahead and do the item restoration to keep backups handy of your 155s in your mailbox. DO NOT DELETE YOUR EQUIPPED GEAR.

If you have already logged in and your gear IS red, then it's probably too late for this character to recover any gear. Consider if you have any alts that you have not logged into yet that may have vendored some 155s and use your item restoration on them instead.

DO NOT EXIT GAME WHILE IN A DUNGEON OR CAPITAL CITY -- Head to Hellfire Peninsula in Outlands to play it safe ;)

Here's proof the item restoration is working when done BEFORE you login to check to see if your gear has been fixed:
Screenshot 2023-08-24 104750.png

Screenshot 2023-08-24 104912.png

Finally park your twink in Hellfire Peninsula (Outlands) before exiting game to avoid getting slapped with level requirement when you next login.

The theory on why this is works is that the level requirement is added when you login while in an instance or phased zone. Outlands has virtually no phasing which is why I chose to park my twink there last night. I've exited game and disconnected from Hellfire Peninsula numerous times without issues.

EDIT: Tested in current timeline with war mode off -- note that you can enable pvp-mode temporarily by body pulling a guard in Thrallmar / Honor Hold.

Last edited:
Some of these steps seems unnecessary, I've been logging in and out wherever and whenever no problems at all. I checked out the recovery thing the moment it got patched since its one of the standard things to check(along with a few other preparations) and recovered a bunch of 155s with no problem at all, except one piece that still had its requirement strangely enough but I replaced it another way. I would also agree that you may wish to be careful about using these in public since its already been patched, mainly in pvp.

Last edited:
How to keep your item level 155 gear:

If you haven't logged in yet with your ilvl 155 twink, go restore any vendored or deleted items first (BEFORE YOU LOGIN) while they still don't have a level requirement: https://us.battle.net/support/en/restoration OR https://eu.battle.net/support/en/restoration

Note that you can restore up to 50 items at a time with 7-day cooldown per account (for each account on your battle.net). F2Ps can use this service too.

If you have already logged in and your gear is NOT red, you should still go ahead and do the item restoration to keep backups handy of your 155s in your mailbox. DO NOT DELETE YOUR EQUIPPED GEAR.

If you have already logged in and your gear IS red, then it's probably too late for this character to recover any gear. Consider if you have any alts that you have not logged into yet that may have vendored some 155s and use your item restoration on them instead.

DO NOT EXIT GAME WHILE IN A DUNGEON OR CAPITAL CITY -- Head to Hellfire Peninsula in Outlands to play it safe ;)

Here's proof the item restoration is working when done BEFORE you login to check to see if your gear has been fixed:
View attachment 23422
View attachment 23423

Finally park your twink in Hellfire Peninsula (Outlands) before exiting game to avoid getting slapped with level requirement when you next login.

The theory on why this is works is that the level requirement is added when you login while in an instance or phased zone. Outlands has virtually no phasing which is why I chose to park my twink there last night. I've exited game and disconnected from Hellfire Peninsula numerous times without issues.

EDIT: Tested in current timeline with war mode off -- note that you can enable pvp-mode temporarily by body pulling a guard in Thrallmar / Honor Hold.
I absolutely appreciate your work but...my god, what a mess.

This fix is an absolute shitshow. I can only imagine PvP being scuffed with *some* players still having working 155s while others do not. All this is giving me anxiety that one I'll login to find the SL gems having been "fixed" as well.

I agree with the 20s when the change first came. when it was all 20s no 29s the bracket was far and away better then it was after the change. It was nice to play my old toon but the games became stale so i stopped playing for awhile. then i come back and the greens are gone and its all about item lvl 112 gear which only crippled the 20s even more. Then I log in and the retards that run around with busted hunters all game find away to add even more rediculous damage to an already struggling bracket. Not everyone in this bracket but alot of people in it are just stupid as hell. this bracket did not need more damage in it to have good games. infact the few games i played against the people who had the gear just made it worse. the illidan retards that feel the need to pile on hunters running around 1 shotting people with full health and a full shield up didnt do any favors for the bracket and if i was the others as i am. just move on your only feeding people who are pretty bad at the game to be honest get there rocks off hitting you for 9k aimed shots and 2500 rapid fire ticks. Chelly and all them was right it should have just stayed lvl 20s it was 500 times better then this shit show.

I agree with the 20s when the change first came. when it was all 20s no 29s the bracket was far and away better then it was after the change. It was nice to play my old toon but the games became stale so i stopped playing for awhile. then i come back and the greens are gone and its all about item lvl 112 gear which only crippled the 20s even more. Then I log in and the retards that run around with busted hunters all game find away to add even more rediculous damage to an already struggling bracket. Not everyone in this bracket but alot of people in it are just stupid as hell. this bracket did not need more damage in it to have good games. infact the few games i played against the people who had the gear just made it worse. the illidan retards that feel the need to pile on hunters running around 1 shotting people with full health and a full shield up didnt do any favors for the bracket and if i was the others as i am. just move on your only feeding people who are pretty bad at the game to be honest get there rocks off hitting you for 9k aimed shots and 2500 rapid fire ticks. Chelly and all them was right it should have just stayed lvl 20s it was 500 times better then this shit show.
That is the most accurate post in this thread!!!! :KKomrade:

Users who are viewing this thread