left Exile's Reach and found an island

Arpheton

Veteran
I level a char up to lvl 11 on the Exile's Reach ship and done the first quest till I was on the island. Then I swam north for about 10 minutes. Fatigue was no problem as a heal druid. Then I came across a rather large island. The logscreen shows me I'm on
WoWScrnShot_071723_151957.jpg
Exile's Reach. It looks like a Vinking Island.

WoWScrnShot_071723_151627.jpg
WoWScrnShot_071723_153649.jpg
WoWScrnShot_071723_152047.jpg

I think it's maybe near Northend, as it has Vrykul stuff on it. But as the minimap is not up, I don't even no where north is. I tried to activate the minimap via script but it doesn't show up.
Sometimes a screen pops up asking me if I want to get ported to Stormwind or end the tutorial. But if I click end, nothing happens. Maybe I try to swim to another location, but first I need to find out where north, east, south and west is. Any add-ons I can try?

I think it's maybe near Northend, as it has Vrykul stuff on it. But as the minimap is not up, I don't even no where north is. I tried to activate the minimap via script but it doesn't show up.
Sometimes a screen pops up asking me if I want to get ported to Stormwind or end the tutorial. But if I click end, nothing happens. Maybe I try to swim to another location, but first I need to find out where north, east, south and west is. Any add-ons I can try?
if you go in ur settings and turn off tutorials you should be able to see your minimap

Just swam arround some more, looks like there are a lot of island arround Exile's Reach. The first one I found was the biggest, some of them look exactly the same. Came accross the alliance starter ship. Further north came an incomplete island. I swam further north, but at one point I could no longer move. I was stuck and had to kill myself.

WoWScrnShot_071823_085913.jpg

WoWScrnShot_071823_092039.jpg

This time I swam to the south as far as I could. After it showed me the North Sea map for most of the time, I reached another island. The map showed Exile's Reach again. It's certainly not. I swam further on and get stuck again. But this time I found myself in Westfall. The heartstone toy just got me to Stormwind.
WoWScrnShot_071823_124954.jpg

WoWScrnShot_071823_131703.jpg

WoWScrnShot_071823_132030.jpg

The map is nice, thanks. Have already visited all islands, I think. I made another druid, this time I got stuck in the west. Tried the character unstuck service and found myself in Westfall again. So if you swim,away from Exile's Reach it's The North Sea first and than a noname zone. If you die there, you get released in Westfall. If you die in The North Sea, you get released on Exile's Reach.
Wonder what happens if I swim to the north east. Guess it's Westfall. Maybe I try it on horde.

With help of the map from @Azeroh and some time on alliance and horde ship, I found out the way they go. Alliance is north an horde is south of Exile's Reach. If you swim north to the middle island, you can get quite close to the alliance ship without getting fatigue.

exiles.jpg

Horde and Alliance can meet on an island around Exile's Reach. You can pvp. If you enter the ship "The Oblivion" you get in different instances and can see the other faction.
I put aoe dmg on the horde char and let him die on the ship. If you logoff there, the login screen shows you are in Stormheim. After login again, I could use toys and the dungeon finder showed BFA dungeons, not Exile's Reach anymore. After leaving the ship, I found myself in Orgrimmar. I left and entered the ship many times before, even after dying. So I think it's the logoff that changed the zone.

WoWScrnShot_072623_130721.jpg

WoWScrnShot_072623_132249.jpg

WoWScrnShot_072623_134844.jpg

Horde and Alliance can meet on an island around Exile's Reach. You can pvp. If you enter the ship "The Oblivion" you get in different instances and can see the other faction.
I put aoe dmg on the horde char and let him die on the ship. If you logoff there, the login screen shows you are in Stormheim. After login again, I could use toys and the dungeon finder showed BFA dungeons, not Exile's Reach anymore. After leaving the ship, I found myself in Orgrimmar. I left and entered the ship many times before, even after dying. So I think it's the logoff that changed the zone.
Sounds like you managed to get out of the tutorial state while in Exile's Reach, and that subsequently changing zones caused you to get teleported (and presumably changed your hearthstone too). Once out of tutorial state you could try to get summoned to Org in order to keep your toy hearthstone set to The North Sea. In order to go back to Exile's you must first activate party sync and then use toy hearthstone. Summon yourself back out before leaving party sync or else you will get teleported out and your hearthstone set to major city.

I did already got out of Exile's Reach on different ways with my hearthstone still set to North Sea, but if I used it I got the Exile's Reach loading screen and right after that I got ported to Stormwind. I think you can't port to The North Sea (anymore). I don't have an active account I mostly do f2p stuff, so I can't test party sync.

I did already got out of Exile's Reach on different ways with my hearthstone still set to North Sea, but if I used it I got the Exile's Reach loading screen and right after that I got ported to Stormwind. I think you can't port to The North Sea (anymore). I don't have an active account I mostly do f2p stuff, so I can't test party sync.
You can STILL teleport back to The North Sea, you just need to be party synced before using toy hearthstone. You will also get teleported out (and hearth set to major city) if you leave the party sync after returning to Exile's Reach, hence the need to get summoned out again. Of course this requires a second paid account (or a friend with a sub) in order to form party.

I made two horde druid to try out if they get to see each other on the ship and they can. I logged one off on the ship and he was able to use toys and queue for BFA dungeons. So if you log off there, tutorial ends. If queued for BFA, but when the dungeon pops, you get ported in and out, so you can't play it. You can't trade anymore as f2p on the ship, but you can still invite ppl on Exile's Reach. The char I didn't log off, could continue Exile's Reach.

WoWScrnShot_072723_110805.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread