Lets talk Magi FC...

Scrufy

Veteran
So, I'm in the process of leveling (AFKing in Stockades) a fresh mage to 29 - I intend to FC.
I'm linking my current gear set, it is incomplete and subject to change.

I wanted some input on gearing / talents or theory crafting in general.

I'm on Whitemane, some gear has been hard to come by so I'm still hunting for some green pieces..

as it is this is the current set I have. In this set I'll be at 1,743 HP 2,847 Mana unbuffed (HP seems low?)
upload_2020-12-18_13-38-50.png

I plan on getting a staff with high +spirit and enchanting it with +20 spirit as well. I also plan on getting Swampland Trousers and adding +100hp libram to them as well
I also have Durable Robe of Stamina (+14) and Eagle (9/9) both with 100hp enchant as well as Beguiler Robes - not sure why I would ever use these over Mechbuilder's Overalls.

I'm still looking at the AH to purchase the following items...
Staff - Acrobatic Staff of Stamina (+14)
Boots - Vital Boots of the Eagle (7/7) and Stamina (+11) maybe Nat Pagle's one day (and hat)
Cloak - Archer's Cloak, Geomancer's Cloak, or Knight's Cloak of Stamina (+8)
Shoulders - Thistlefur Mantle of the Eagle (7/7) and Stamina (+11) ---- although I've never seen these on the AH
Bracers - Vital Bracelets of Eagle (5/4) and Stamina (+7)
Gloves - Vital Handwraps of the Eagle (7/7) - I Don't think Hotshot Pilot's Gloves are realistic.

So.....

With more of a Stam build stats would be 2,133 HP 2,022 Mana (Too little mana for Mana Shield?)

upload_2020-12-18_13-55-53.png

Clearly some mix in gear would be better, maybe something like this 1,833 HP 2,697 Mana
upload_2020-12-18_14-2-31.png

For Talents I've been looking at a few different routes - Keep in mind I'll be Solo Qing
I was thinking this
upload_2020-12-18_14-24-38.png

Maybe even losing a point somewhere and placing it in impact, 2% could be worth the gamble.

or this spec with imp. Frost Warding
upload_2020-12-18_14-27-8.png

Anyways... This thread took longer than I expected, and I dont want this to get out of hand

So I have a few questions

1) What SP swap (if any) would be worth picking up?
Being Frost Spec'd without any +% damage talents, I don't know if it would be worth grabbing an Acrobatic Staff with + frost or +fire damage
2) What do you guys think an 'ideal' HP / Mana ratio would be?
3) Do you think Swampland Trousers are > Abomination Skin Leggings?
4) Is there any spec that could work for games when there is another FC

Last edited:
I think your 1800 hp is balanced and ideal. For the items, you cover everything (at least in text) - apart from reputation gear ofc

about your 2100 hp gear, where you're concerned about mana shield. I personally don't think mana shield is much to rely on, other than just using it when you know a dagger specced rogue is about to use ambush on you

I would rather use https://classic.wowhead.com/item=23173/abomination-skin-leggings than https://classic.wowhead.com/item=4505/swampland-trousers

if I were you I would try out your first spec and check if it suits your playstyle. Improved Blizzard can be really useful to prevent people from jumping if you have high ground in WSG

Users who are viewing this thread