most OP 79 classes?

That's currently a strange question to answer as every 70-79 BG is roughly 70% dk bots (US region). No exaggeration or hyberbole. The dk bot epidemic is insane atm. So technically a OP spec is one that deals well dk death grip murder balls. 70-79 actually feels like a moba right now. You can follow your dk bot army and help them wipe the opposing dk bot army.

I don't think it's actually worth playing until (if) the dk bots are dealt with. I'm making a 49 (real players only in that bracket) while I wait.

About the dk bots, we name them dead-man legions in Taiwan region. China workshops create them.
They level in BG. They do gathering, fishing too.
So many players fleet from China to our PVP servers. Therefore we can only login the game in the morning and midnight without waiting like 4~6 hours.

What is most op 79 class? It doesn't matter with class, the shameless people is. :p

Same in EU.

It looks like it's not getting anywhere. What's the solution? Organize Wargames? Same feeling as raziel83 here, not worth playing and I unsubbed for now. :/

Is 49s popping for you in US?

Is 49s popping for you in US?

I don't really know but I checked the queue times during WsG weekend and it was 3 min estimated time. My plan is to queue up my 49 and fight bots on my 79 (2nd account) while I wait.

I think I've actually found the perfect anti-dk bot spec (warlock). It's 37/33/0 with a void walker. Sounds dumb I know but it's almost invincible verse bots.
upload_2023-2-18_3-47-33.png

This is me helping my 6 dks bots defeat the enemy dk bots.

If anyone is curious about my silly anti-dk bot spec, here it is (and exactly what I'm wearing)
https://eightyupgrades.com/set/3vsZ7YHRRoZPXeaJcmTAUU

My spell power with voidwalker out is actually 1810, self buffed with imp fel armor. Void sac is 10.8 k. And I use +90 all resist flask (50 turns into 90 from alchemy's mixology bonus)

Last edited:
I have a 79 fire mage, ele shaman, boomie / resto, destro lock, and a rogue. Ele shaman seems to be the most OP. Can take on all classes. Fire mage is second when it comes to burst damage and total. destro and rogue are crazy at cc. Boomie starfall just deletes crowds if you don't get cc'd. Here is my fire mage in action >

After play many 79 bracket games, considering twink vs twink( 40% ish + twink player). I would say level 70 resto druid with Sunwell gear is most OP, priest is also super OP. In short, twink team with healer pretty much dominates the full dps twink team ( if you argue each side can have several healers, I don't see even one game yet, the truth is 95%+ 70-79 twink people play dps)
If solo play, fighting with leveling people, fire mage, ele shaman, affli lock.

I would personally recommend the 69 bracket. Lots of various class balance and whilst I can only speak for the EU, we don’t seem to have this DK bot epidemic. However I have noticed in recent games that they have been replaced with rogues but not as many. Twinks on both sides make for entertaining games. Couple of dedicated guilds too.

After play many 79 bracket games, considering twink vs twink( 40% ish + twink player). I would say level 70 resto druid with Sunwell gear is most OP, priest is also super OP. In short, twink team with healer pretty much dominates the full dps twink team ( if you argue each side can have several healers, I don't see even one game yet, the truth is 95%+ 70-79 twink people play dps)
If solo play, fighting with leveling people, fire mage, ele shaman, affli lock.
Are you saying 70 resto Druid (in Sunwell gear) is more powerful than 79s (Druid or otherwise) in 70-79 BGs? Can you elaborate as to why that is?

How is 70 Shaman compared to 70 Druid in BGs (including AV)?

How is 79 Shaman compared to 70 Shaman &/or 70 Druid?

The reason I ask is because for my 5 kids I am thinking of boosting a 5man team together of maybe a Paladin+4 Shaman to level 70+ for dungeons though could maybe do a Druid...

If I do that I may XP them off at 70 or 79 and Twink them out instead of going to 80 with them... The caveat being that I want the 5 man team to be able to farm at least the easier Heroics for badges for Heirlooms for Twinks as these 5 may end up being the highest characters on these accounts (they are from Vanilla Classic & didn't do BC Classic & just now joining WoTLK Classic)...

Are you saying 70 resto Druid (in Sunwell gear) is more powerful than 79s (Druid or otherwise) in 70-79 BGs? Can you elaborate as to why that is?

The reason I ask is because for my 5 kids I am thinking of boosting a 5man team together of maybe a Paladin+4 Shaman to level 70+ for dungeons though could maybe do a Druid...

If I do that I may XP them off at 70 or 79 and Twink them out instead of going to 80 with them... The caveat being that I want the 5 man team to be able to farm at least the easier Heroics for badges for Heirlooms for Twinks as these 5 may end up being the highest characters on these accounts (they are from Vanilla Classic & didn't do BC Classic & just now joining WoTLK Classic)...
My balance druid is 73 just missing the pvp rings and trinkets and i think it sucks, i leveled a shaman and at the same level and gearing I was doing much better. Druid just feels really vulnerable and doesnt have big burst or good offensive OR defensive capabilities to make up for it. Im pretty dissapointed. the DoTs from moonfire and insect swarm arent as good as a warlocks dots, the casted spells like wrath and starfire arent as good as a shamans chain lightning. You cant use a shield and the typhoon just doesnt seem to really stop anyone, its just unreliable as are the roots. Most of the time the typoon doesnt launch people more than a few meters and even the damage isnt instant. all the other classes have more mobility like charge/sprint/DK pull. which are all more effective and direct than typhoon.

the entangle/root spells dont do much at this level because its a 1.5 sec cast, and if you use the instant ones then you have to be hit for them to proc, and if youre hit its already game over due to other classes higher DPS and mobility

-A mage has more burst damage so they kill you first
-a warrior is tankier, has more damage and can charge and stun. Using typhoon against them just gets you charged and stunned x2. Entangling them just builds their rage/defenses/attacks
-a DK will just pull you and use the magic shield and thats garunteed game over.
--a warlocks DoTs wreck and you have no way to stop the fear CC, the fight is basically a shitty lock (you) vs a lock with 4 dots, better hardcast spells and Fear
-Shaman is tankier than you and has more burst damage plus totem effects. at 75 my ele shaman was critting for more than 6000.
-rogue will stun and out dps you because youre soft
-priest is the same as warlock but instead of dying when the warlock is 70% health , you die when the priest is 100% health with hots overheal and already CCing someone else on your team

you dont even have the opportunity to cast wrath let alone starfire unless youre in the back of a group which youll be targeted for anyway since youre a giant owl and for some reason people think boomkins are good.
you dont get to use starfall to its full effect because every class has 2 abilities to CC you. a warriors charge stun removes 50% of the starfall time.

ive been planning for a month to have a 70 druid for next AV weekeend but I just dont think its good compared to other 70s in the AV bracket, the gear helps and itll definately make it good but just not as good as all the other classes.
Seems like every other class has some super good ability to base your playstyle on , but you cant even play for starfall because its a 1min cooldown that can be feared by warrior,priest,warlock. The gear doesnt scale well, in boomkin form and all crit gems im 22% crit and 9.8% resil. which is nothing. Im 8.6% resil at 79 on my shaman with pvp gear and I was like 22% resil, high 30% crit at 73. I dont think Ive won a single 1vs1 or had any part of a fight where I thought to myself "haha wow that was good i wrekt them"

Theres like no damage rotation and the spells dont play off eachother in pvp, other classes if you get a rotation off youre winning the fight. moonfire, insect swarm, wrath, typhoon is probably just 4000 damage in a bracket where everyone is atleast 10k health. so youre dead at this point but lets say you can get off 3! more wrath casts without being CC or dead. thats just an extra 3900 damage and theyre still not dead because to mention theyve probably healed/been healed or atleast used some defensive abiliity to absorb/resist damage at this point.

All of the self healing instant casts do nothing in combat because just one attack from any enemy player is enough damage to counter the entire HoT, except maybe wild growth, but stacking 3 wild growth while trying to stay in moonkin form and having it proc at the perfect time is extremely unrealistic. A self cast of wild growth in combat best case scenerio just lets the opponent have more time for their cooldowns/rage bar, worst case is youre dead anyway. Barkskin sounds good, but it just compounds the fact i feel like a target dummy out there on the battlefield, because without strong burst damage its just delaying the envitiable.

Honestly its like this class is missing an ability or im playing it wrong, it feels like its completely PVE. Maybe if changing to moonkin wasnt on the GCD timer.
or maybe if the eclipse buff was a 75% or 100% chance,

Maybe they are ok in AV in a huge battle where you can stand near the back easier but i still think they are super soft and weak, shamans have mail, can equip a shield, and have a 4300 health shield from stoneclaw, and the thunderstorm is much more reiable at pushing people back than typhoon and frostshock slows enemies, druid doesnt slow.
cloth casters have more cc and damage burst to make up for their lack of armor, druid just seems like the worst of everything.
at 70 against 60s im sure just spamming moonfire does a lot of damage but it shouldnt need that much of a power advantage to feel good
im hitting like just 1300 with wrath with 1025 SP, for a 1.5 sec cast! WTF
I THOUGHT boomkin was good because whenever i hear those insects, im usually dead a second later. But i think this speaks to the fact that boomkins are soft and weak, so im only going to get boomie dots on me when the entire team is also there with them.

again this is all balance related, resto druids are great healers.
I think ill either boost a prot warrior or a priest, I got feared by a priest so hard i didnt do a single point of damage and they seemed to have more than enough damage similar to a warlock, not to mention the heals they are capable of.
theres just no real synergy in balance and it feels like im a classic or tbc player competing in wotlk with my little wrath ball spellcasts. reminds me of spamming spells at level 7 in the starting area.
tldr boomkin is 50% weaker than every other class.

Last edited:

No Dps should run on level 70 maybe except protect warrior ( well 70 protect warrior hit harder due to more armor pen on plate and have much better physical avoidance).
1. BG normally don't have twink healer or even healer. And level 70-79 is the only resilience twink bracket. -- Any twink healer is OP if you can get one
2. 70 resto druid doesn't heal better than 79 resto (just less a bit), and have 9 less talent points. However 70 resto can almost max out resilience (550+ since Sunwell and S4 items provide crazy status plus more gem slots), even have better physical damage reduction considering armor scale with better mana efficiency and even relative mana regeneration spirit wise - the only negative survivability side is HP ( well 79 need less hit point for level 70s but in general most 79 hit cap). Except for those full PVE glass canon build, most 79 class can survive a bit in fight which make healer so op(see#1). The minor less healing as 70 resto is not that important vs survivability.
Healer wise 79 Dpriest and 70 Resto are op of ops. I have some personal unholy dk experience vs 79/70 resto. For 79 resto, I can't solo kill but his mana drop visible. For 70 resto, I can't kill either but mana drop super slow.

Btw 79 Ele shaman is so OP. 79 Boomkin is also strong and fun.

Last edited:
No Dps should run on level 70 maybe except protect warrior ( well 70 protect warrior hit harder due to more armor pen on plate and have much better physical avoidance).
[ ... ]
thats not how arp works :NotLikeThis:

Users who are viewing this thread