non df account just made a dracthyr

fungchewuchi

Master of the Flying Guillotine
i don't have dragonflight, just an active sub.
Just got on today and noticed a "new" indicator on the character create button. checked it out and dragons were an option. went through character create expecting to hit a wall somewhere, but no, character successfully created and able to start playing.
duno what to expect as i continue to explore this.

makes me worried non df 60s might start leveling or something, who knows!
[doublepost=1671250779,1671249613][/doublepost]ah.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23891315/take-flight-with-the-dragonflight-trial
free evoker up to lvl63 until jan 2.
gonna assume they didn't fuck anything up for anyone else.

mmo-champ's proving to be a shitty goto place for up to date news anymore.

Last edited:
I guess this opens up for a few questions:
1. Will we be able to keep playing the dragon class after Jan 2nd if we create it now?
2. Will we be able to play the dragon class after Jan 2nd >level60 if we level it to 61, 62, 63 now?
3. If yes to the above, will we be put in xp on or off bracket after Jan 2?

Also, a general question: I didn't check when expansion went live, but I can now gain XP on my other level 60. Does this mean that we can level up other classes to 63 now as well? Then the above questions are applicable to other classes as well.

it's hard to guess what blizz will do. you can make a 58 evoker on a SL capped account then not level it at all and see what happens 3 jan. imo, if you take it to 63 on a SL capped account the character will be locked to requiring next expac

Watch out! All my level 60's on my accounts that have not purchased Dragonflight have their xp turned on! If you play characters and level them up, you will lose access to them when the offer expires unless you buy Dragonflight!

Feels like blackmail.

Watch out! All my level 60's on my accounts that have not purchased Dragonflight have their xp turned on! If you play characters and level them up, you will lose access to them when the offer expires unless you buy Dragonflight!

Feels like blackmail.

With https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23891314/give-more-with-the-gift-of-dragonflight and $50 - $15 = $35 for Dragonflight, it's getting very hard to resist buying DF lol. I'm debating spending the $35 than waiting 2 years when DF becomes baseline.

Users who are viewing this thread