Shadowlands Enchant Scaling

Still looks like another crusader and ele force expansion. Anyone noticed if the + weapon damage still scales insanely well or not?
On live it's pretty fkn huge. You'd have to look at your actual character stats and abilities for that one, simply reading the enchant won't give you anything.

Still looks like another crusader and ele force expansion. Anyone noticed if the + weapon damage still scales insanely well or not?
On live it's pretty fkn huge. You'd have to look at your actual character stats and abilities for that one, simply reading the enchant won't give you anything.

Haven't tried the melee enchants yet, but sniper scope added a good chunk of damage on a 17 hunter. Interesting thing is that the 1h weapon damage enchant looks better than the 2h one now - would be pretty good news since that recipe still drops.

Haven't tried the melee enchants yet, but sniper scope added a good chunk of damage on a 17 hunter. Interesting thing is that the 1h weapon damage enchant looks better than the 2h one now - would be pretty good news since that recipe still drops.

Aite, thanks. Probs gonna run + weapon damage MH and ele force OH on my rogue then, unless something changes.

Is there any enchants from other expansions that will work for lvl 50 bracket?

So far those I tried says that ILvL to high or just does not work.

Is there any enchants from other expansions that will work for lvl 50 bracket?

So far those I tried says that ILvL to high or just does not work.

Most of the earlier enchants already had an ilevel cap, yeah. I think most of them are the 48-50 range after the squish. Thanks for the reminder, I was thinking about putting max ilevel in early on but totally forgot. Will try to get that in there!

this is weird. at level 10 (was 20), my neck +1 versatility works but my ring +1 versatility does not work. i think they are both breath of versatility. not sure if the ring enchant has a min ilvl or its actually scaling down to 0. but either way its inconsistent with the neck enchant

Not at all a high priority but: I was goofing around on the PTR and Ghost Iron shield spike requires level 32 to work. And Pyrium shield spike requires level 27. No idea if that means Pyrium will work in *instanced* pvp but maybe?

this is weird. at level 10 (was 20), my neck +1 versatility works but my ring +1 versatility does not work. i think they are both breath of versatility. not sure if the ring enchant has a min ilvl or its actually scaling down to 0. but either way its inconsistent with the neck enchant

I'll double check those ones, but things can definitely scale down enough that they show 1 but round to 0. I saw it with the wrath inscription shoulder enchants. The int/vers one scaled down enough to give 1 int and 0 vers at level 10, while the int/crit one gave both stats. (May have been the other way around, I thought I wrote that down but don't see it anywhere)

Not at all a high priority but: I was goofing around on the PTR and Ghost Iron shield spike requires level 32 to work. And Pyrium shield spike requires level 27. No idea if that means Pyrium will work in *instanced* pvp but maybe?

Awesome, thanks! They had some goofy stuff before where they made the shields have a level requirement too, so I was expecting something like that.

Bump for prepatch!

Max item levels are all updated (based on enchant tooltips).

MoP LW is confirmed working for low levels - you can pick that up for easy agi/crit, str/crit or stam/dodge leg enchants and then drop it for another profession.

Updated gems with the pvp gem nerfs. Steady talasite still seems good for stam - haven't actually made and tried one yet though.

Max item levels are all updated (based on enchant tooltips).

MoP LW is confirmed working for low levels - you can pick that up for easy agi/crit, str/crit or stam/dodge leg enchants and then drop it for another profession.
Be VERY careful when making a Guide based off TT. It's so fucked up that I don't trust anything a Profession says right now. As example, +4 Stats > Chest (even Vanilla) seems to have no Level req, but when in the bag of, or on the body of a LvL 10, it goes red and says requires Level 11.

Be VERY careful when making a Guide based off TT. It's so fucked up that I don't trust anything a Profession says right now. As example, +4 Stats > Chest (even Vanilla) seems to have no Level req, but when in the bag of, or on the body of a LvL 10, it goes red and says requires Level 11.

Not only that, but there are also cases where tooltips simply give the wrong stats info as well (this was especially the case in BFA).

I'm aware that a lot of tooltips are wrong, this is just the max item level of an enchant (a level that was already in place and squished down). Those have looked accurate from what I've tested, if you find anything that doesn't match that let me know!

For the stats enchants, if you find something that doesn't work please be specific letting me know. Enchant Chest - Stats from vanilla has worked fine giving me +1 at level 10, and Glorious Stats has given +4 just fine. The notes in the sheet tell you how to check what enchant you have if you don't know how to do that. Screenshots help!

An example of the tooltips getting it wrong:

Alchemist's Flask says it gives 4 primary stats at level 20. It actually gives 9.

@DeLindsay not sure what you were seeing with vanilla stats to chest: https://streamable.com/eiyb3u

Are you sure you weren't using Super Stats (from Wrath)? That enchant was one of only like 2 with a level requirement before - I tested it at 19 and 29 and it was working, but haven't checked lower than that.
My main (120) Hunter has every Enhant in the Game through Legion. I tested every single +4 Stat to Chest on my LvL 10. You CAN Enchant them but is shows red and says Requires Level 11 on the Level 10 equipped. Then I tested every single other +2/+3 to Chest and all of them scale down to 1 at 10, but work.

An example of the tooltips getting it wrong:

Alchemist's Flask says it gives 4 primary stats at level 20. It actually gives 9.
Not only that, but there are also cases where tooltips simply give the wrong stats info as well (this was especially the case in BFA).
Yea and if anything it has gotten worse, easily more than half of the tooltips are wrong.

Yup, the tooltips are wrong on most unapplied enchants, all the stuff that got a ninja item level requirement, a ton of crafted armor kits/enchants and a lot more. That's why I put (probably too much) time into figuring this stuff out and sharing what I found.

I've tested enough to know things that don't match what I have in the sheet are most likely an exception. But it's a huge game with a lot of goofy stuff in it, so exceptions definitely exist.

I can't (/won't :p) personally test every enchant in the game at every level, so it really helps when people give specific feedback about things that don't match what I have here. "things are fucked, don't trust anything" is less helpful. I don't think this sheet is 100% accurate right now, but it's pretty close and still improving.

My main (120) Hunter has every Enhant in the Game through Legion. I tested every single +4 Stat to Chest on my LvL 10. You CAN Enchant them but is shows red and says Requires Level 11 on the Level 10 equipped. Then I tested every single other +2/+3 to Chest and all of them scale down to 1 at 10, but work.

Damn, yup. Old ones work but newly applied ones don't. Don't work on a 10 scaled up in BGs either. I try out pretty much everything that people share to confirm, so being specific and accurate about what enchants you used and when/how makes things way easier. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread