Someone talk me out of it. (F2P gearing)

Estradiol

Veteran
I know, I know. WF gear is better than socket gear. I also know that you can complete anything you want in F2P space with just about any gear. I am mainly doing F2P to collect achievement points so I'll be doing as little PvP as possible. But the perfectionist in me can't stand it knowing I can get better gear. (lolol)

If you are someone who can fight the urge to be absolute uber BiS, how do you do it?

I know, I know. WF gear is better than socket gear. I also know that you can complete anything you want in F2P space with just about any gear. I am mainly doing F2P to collect achievement points so I'll be doing as little PvP as possible. But the perfectionist in me can't stand it knowing I can get better gear. (lolol)

If you are someone who can fight the urge to be absolute uber BiS, how do you do it?
Best “glggle” i have had in a looooong time - Welcome to the gear threadmill

You don't need full bis but at least get the full speed 49% + boot speed enchant + SL gem health boost. Image running at 200% everywhere in swarm of mobs and none can kill you.

Here: Imagine you get close to best in slot, then either next expansion or the one after they do their ilvl scaling thing, and all of our twinks get nuked, how would you feel? Would you be ok doing it all again? or be happy enough with a level 12 twink that has decent ish gear for a level 12 but is now worthless for our purposes?

This is what stops me wasting my time on going going for bis, I just go for the quick and dirty 80/20 good enough rule.

trying to get a WF and a socket on the piece you want is a nightmare (walks back into Iron docks)
You can easily clear all content your able to participate in with no sockets. I normally just go for 2 sockets on my 10s for 2 speed gems then I move on to another toon ( I dont have any 20s yet). If your not trying to have bis gear and just do other content, why not just go do it as soon as your able to? Then maybe on occasion go back and gear more but socially with your friends that are gearing. Then you wont want to smash your head into a wall as much when your drop wont drop. The trick for me is I switch up what im doing so it doesn't get super stale otherwise id prob smash my keyboard but thats what works for me.

my current copium is that you can have more main stat than i87 WF pieces by using i61 socketed pieces.
this is my char ive been working on - Pandarupt
just looking to farm i48 socket boots with a lvl 15 (for minor speed), i59 socket neck with a lvl 19 (for satyr), and then the dreaded WF grind for i87 socket + WF bracers and rings.

my current copium is that you can have more main stat than i87 WF pieces by using i61 socketed pieces.
this is my char ive been working on - Pandarupt
just looking to farm i48 socket boots with a lvl 15 (for minor speed), i59 socket neck with a lvl 19 (for satyr), and then the dreaded WF grind for i87 socket + WF bracers and rings.
please tell me how much damage satyrs do per hit? and how often does it appear?

It depends
If you just want full ilvl 87 then yes (prolly best to stop at this goal), although if you have poor luck you may be chasing that last trinket for quite some time
If you're aiming for BIS (or whatever may be close to it) or a WF speed set then I 'm afraid you're far from it
No matter what, good luck

im not super worried about speed or leech or any of that, and the pieces i am looking for all have mastery on them, with sockets where available, ill be using blue trinkets from other xpacs.

Users who are viewing this thread