Twinks - I summon thee for Fishing Tournament Advice

Hi all I am playing on a hardcore classic server. I want to get the fishing pole/boost my ego and I'm currently at level 36, so I don't have a mount. I'm on a mage. Any 19 twinks who won the tournament have advice?

Currently my plan is to troll around gromgrol and other areas nearby and go back to gromgrol area then hearth to BB and turn in. But I have no idea what the best hot spots are for the fish. Where should I go (and where mobs generally won't aggro)?

250 fishing skill enough for all pools - just confirming - I have 250 skill

No worries if I don't win I just wanna go for the best shot at doing it :)

I feel like this is a big risk at 36. But anytime I’ve won it’s because I’ve gotten lucky with competition and rng

Typically I’d stay to the east of booty bay along the shore and go up and down from the bloodsail coast to the ruins, avoiding the sea giant elite

I personally don’t like the gromgol area but it’s preference. The area south of gromgol isn’t bad though. In the end it’s mostly rng. Try to position yourself in a way where you’re ahead of any packs that are competing with you for pools.

To best prepare, make sure you have some swim speed pots if possible and perhaps even a shaman give you a water walk buff to start. Also any ways to drop combat is always helpful

Good luck!

Thanks for the pointers! I just did troll up the east bb coast - I think it's doable with water walking. I will check into swim speed pots

I had around 20 fish by the time the winner was announced - I caught many non-tasty fish from the pools and there was a LOT of competition. I think if I get luckier I have some shot, I may need a mount too

I trolled up and down the east coast. Seemed decent. there were a few people there though

Users who are viewing this thread