29 Priests Have No Defensives, CC, etc? um.

It's not easy being a priest. They need a stun I completely agree.. massive kappa

I know this is an older thread, but it's still highly relevant with the influx of feral druids and some points bear addressing.

I just want to address the "lrn 2 fake cast thing" by dropping a big "fuck you" to everyone who said it. Have fun faking out that feral druid. I'm sure you blew his mind when you stopped casting, and then started casting again, and then died before you ever finished casting.

Oh, and "just don't get out of position," thanks, that's a really big help when half of the other team is INVISIBLE and can kill you before a stun wears off.

"Get peels" basically means "hope someone near you has 2 stuns off CD," because if the druid has a trinket for the first stun, there's still a chance you'll die before getting a cast off. It's not like you can actually slow a druid.

So, here are the pro tips to achieving greater success against the current pub meta:

1. Don't use your insignia unless the stakes are high. What that means is, unless your death would result in the almost guaranteed loss of your flag carrier (or flag-returner and thus, by extension, flag-carrier), save the cooldown and run back from the GY. With mounts being a thing now, death isn't the end of the world, so exercise better judgment about when death matters most.

2. You should be using Holy Nova pretty much constantly when you're out of combat. Besides the healing and damage it can do in AoE (which is negligible), as well as the Divine Aegis proc (which is also pretty negligible), it can proc your weapon enchants which is a pretty big deal. Most importantly, though, it can pull people out of stealth and save your life.

3. Carry around strong anti-venoms. The slow life is the hard life. At least you can get rid of crippling poison. If you have someone peeling, this will save your life and save your insignia CD. Which will save your life later. That's twice the lives saved because of one good choice.

4. Achieve a Buddhist state of objectivity, where you perceive death not as a failure, but as a short-cut back to your base and a chance to refresh yourself with beverages.

5. As others have said, you will save yourself a lot of pain by playing with someone you trust. But as this is a pub meta conversation, you must build trust--and sometimes flat-out ask for a motherfucker to help your ass when you are getting merced.
Why you fake cast a feral drud?... They don't evwn have interrupts

Users who are viewing this thread