30 DH weps

Drimat

Veteran
Hi, just getting back into twinking and playing at 30 as a demon hunter.
trying to find some tank weapons, plan to get eskhander right claw for dps spec as haste proc looks juicy but falling short on tank

looking at weapons and was wandering if wraith scythe is any good still, also can it proc as epic/socket/tert?
how does thundefury scale? and is it worth using as tank?

Thunderfury goes to 105. For max ilvl you want to look at either warforged WoD drops or ICC25H gear. I've only taken a glance at agi 1handers so far, but the LK 1h axes seem to be the best choice from the raid.

One alternative would the the platinum sword from the Uldaman dungeon quest (115 ilvl, only secondary stat is +crit but you only have one shot at it going epic) or Dragon Call from Sunken Temple (can't be soloed due to boss mechanics, extra low drop chance)

Thunderfury goes to 105. For max ilvl you want to look at either warforged WoD drops or ICC25H gear. I've only taken a glance at agi 1handers so far, but the LK 1h axes seem to be the best choice from the raid.

One alternative would the the platinum sword from the Uldaman dungeon quest (115 ilvl, only secondary stat is +crit but you only have one shot at it going epic) or Dragon Call from Sunken Temple (can't be soloed due to boss mechanics, extra low drop chance)
i have one of the axes from icc25hc, not bothered about max ilvl for tank but more fun, its why i thought of wraith scythe for the lifesteal but ingame tooltip says 203 life where as wowhead says 16 so not sure what it is. i know Thunderfury used to be a decent tank wep due its cyclone effect so was curious if any good. prob go for it anyway cause why not
dragons call is on my list of weps to get, will have to look into the platinum sword tho, not heard of that one

i have one of the axes from icc25hc, not bothered about max ilvl for tank but more fun, its why i thought of wraith scythe for the lifesteal but ingame tooltip says 203 life where as wowhead says 16 so not sure what it is. i know Thunderfury used to be a decent tank wep due its cyclone effect so was curious if any good. prob go for it anyway cause why not
dragons call is on my list of weps to get, will have to look into the platinum sword tho, not heard of that one
Well I think TF was mostly known as a tanking weapon because of the AoE threat and indirect mitigation from the cyclone (slowing attack speed), but since threat is no longer an issue I'd say the ICC weapons would be best. Crit does directly improve your parry rating (diminishing returns set in at about 40%ish) so for 30 where you don't have access to mastery outside of WoD warforged gear it is the best stat.

Can't really say anything about the scythe, though. Except not to trust WoWhead on scaling items.

Well I think TF was mostly known as a tanking weapon because of the AoE threat and indirect mitigation from the cyclone (slowing attack speed), but since threat is no longer an issue I'd say the ICC weapons would be best. Crit does directly improve your parry rating (diminishing returns set in at about 40%ish) so for 30 where you don't have access to mastery outside of WoD warforged gear it is the best stat.

Can't really say anything about the scythe, though. Except not to trust WoWhead on scaling items.
just farmed wraith scythe on a 70 as drops at 30, does 188 life steal. Good to know that mastery is best , as was gunna stack vers.

Users who are viewing this thread