Best Lv 80 Healer for farming Heirlooms for Twinks with 4 Lv 80 DKs?

I am wanting to build a 5man level 80 team for my kids & I on our 5 accounts to farm WotLK Heirlooms for our Twinks via the Heroic Dungeons. I don't have much interest in 80 end game (my 80s would mainly be there for our twinks)...

I am thinking of using 4 Death Knights for the Tank & 3 DPS & using a 70 boost for the Healer but not sure what would be the best healer class to AoE heal a team of 4 DKs AoE farming Heroic Dungeons.

It should be noted that there may be times that I will 5box the team (with no broadcasting due to the ToS changes) so I really need a simple AoE Healer that I only need to switch to briefly for an AoE heal initiation...

I love Paladins & would like to have a level 80 Paladin but am concerned they don't have enough AoE healing. Am I incorrect & can Paladin pull off group AoE healing with some spec/gear in WotLK that I am not thinking of?

Druid is another class that I would be glad to have a level 80 at cap in (my 2nd favorite behind Paladin) but I just don't know how strong their AoE Healing is... I remember they get AoEs via Wild Growth but not sure how strong their AoE healing is... I do not want to be micro-managing a bunch of Rolling HoTs to keep the DK team putting out AoE... For 5boxing I really want to just have to come back to the Healer window at most briefly & initiate an AoE Heal (with rare exceptions)...

Shaman comes to mind initially as a great option but I think I can only do 4 Targets max with glyphed Chain heal so a little worried about leaving 1 party member up & I can't really see me using a Lv 80 shaman for anything otherwise...

Priest can definitely be spec'ed for great AoE Healing but I frankly would prefer not to do Priest if I can at all avoid it & I am least likely to use an 80 priest in raids or anything like that...

With all the above in mind I am leaning toward Priest and dreading it so hoping folk can chime in voicing support for strong mindless AoE healing from one or more of the other Healer Classes...

Last edited:
R Sham for Healing Totem, Chain Heal (it prioritizes low hp targets if in range) and Windfury totem to keep your DKs DPS moving?

R Sham for Healing Totem, Chain Heal (it prioritizes low hp targets if in range) and Windfury totem to keep your DKs DPS moving?
Thanks for this. After sleeping on it I woke up thinking Shaman may be the right choice as well so was great to also see your response.

After trying all the classes at 80 in original WotLK my main goto 5box was Paladin+4Shaman with one spec'ed Resto as the main healer so I may just trust in that as well.

Thanks for the reminder about Healing Totem as I was not thinking yesterday about it's steady AoE healing which should help some...

I forgot Chain Heal prioritizes low HP targets (if in range) as I was thinking it maybe had random bounces & the odd man out could go down... With that in mind even if I script to only cast on the Tank the lowest other 3 in the 5 man group should get proportional heals leaving only the 2nd highest health target out of each cast which is great (getting 4 of 5 in the party thanks to the glyph).

Ancestral Awakening should be helping keep up the lowest % health party member as plan to be using at least Riptide each time I circle back on the Resto Shaman (If I recall correctly I was RipTiding & then ChainHealing when 5 boxing in original WotLK). If the shit hits the fan and I have to switch briefly to drive from the healer to heal though a phase in a fight both Lessor & regular Healing Wave should also trigger this (unfortunatly not also Chain heal).

EarthLiving Weapon HoT procs start at 20% (25% glyphed) & are 100% on targets under 35% and should be being automatically triggered often on party members considering how often they are getting touched by various healing effects.

Users who are viewing this thread