Damage discrepancies between grandfathered "spec" twinks and fresh "unspecced" twinks

Found a lvl 1 druid showing Balance spec at last.
[doublepost=1615647071,1615647038][/doublepost]View attachment 18739
[doublepost=1615647115][/doublepost]View attachment 18740
[doublepost=1615647301][/doublepost]Tooltip showing 10 nature damage Wrath for both.
In fact the only three differences I can see are:
The Balance Druid title, the Balance tab being unlocked on the spellbook, and ... that 9% mastery.

Also don't forget that Balance druids Wrath requires 0 mana, and new druids requires 1. Feral druids also have that 1 mana requirement.

Found a lvl 1 druid showing Balance spec at last.
[doublepost=1615647071,1615647038][/doublepost]View attachment 18739
[doublepost=1615647115][/doublepost]View attachment 18740
[doublepost=1615647301][/doublepost]Tooltip showing 10 nature damage Wrath for both.
In fact the only three differences I can see are:
The Balance Druid title, the Balance tab being unlocked on the spellbook, and ... that 9% mastery.
View attachment 18741

Found something pretty funny with the long GF'd Feral druids.

They get the following:
+11% crit
+16% mastery
Agility instead of Intellect
+3 more damage on Wrath (13 instead of 10)
Gfd feral page
Awesome work guys, I'll throw these into the guide. All of the classes should be covered now!
[doublepost=1615683350][/doublepost]
View attachment 18741

They get the following:
+11% crit
+16% mastery
Gfd feral page
Since the feral druid is a nelf, i made a fresh nelf for comparison to feral. The discrepancy is still pretty large but not as large as 13 to 10 - tauren have low agility/int compared to nelfs after all.
uZ3IGbn.jpg

Last edited:
Also don't forget that Balance druids Wrath requires 0 mana, and new druids requires 1. Feral druids also have that 1 mana requirement.

Thanks Blazai this is an excellent point, I'll edit my message to include it.
[doublepost=1615687673,1615686779][/doublepost]
View attachment 18741

They get the following:
+11% crit
+16% mastery
Gfd feral page

Level 1 Feral is genuine swag.

Gf'd BM is nice because it has a pet at lvl 1.
WoWScrnShot_031421_053838.jpg

Steady Shot damage is the same.
WoWScrnShot_031421_054051.jpg

But having the pet (which can be revived) will increase dps and utility.
For draenei, who start with a moth, it increases movement speed due to Pathfinding.
Although not having Tame Beast yet does mean he's stuck with a moth for good.

Really wish I had Tame Beast on him, was hoping because he was Draenei, but guess he missed out on that.
Thanks again for bringing this topic up in the first place Jonnes, I never would've known what I had otherwise.
My question is - what class do you think has seen the biggest changes, good or bad?
I don't think I have a lvl 1 Assassin Rogue, and those old ones are looking pretty great right now.
But I really hope all these gf'd specs don't discourage people from making new 1s, there's much fun to be had regardless.

Really wish I had Tame Beast on him, was hoping because he was Draenei, but guess he missed out on that.
Thanks again for bringing this topic up in the first place Jonnes, I never would've known what I had otherwise.
My question is - what class do you think has seen the biggest changes, good or bad?
I don't think I have a lvl 1 Assassin Rogue, and those old ones are looking pretty great right now.
But I really hope all these gf'd specs don't discourage people from making new 1s, there's much fun to be had regardless.
The most significant difference that's purely spec based is Monks for the reasons I outlined earlier in this thread, the new ones are just completely awful compared to old ones (which are already not as good as rogues). After that would be rogue, and then hunter (as a significant portion of the GF'd stuff for hunters isn't spec related).

Users who are viewing this thread