Grandfathered Items

Turambar

Veteran
What are the most impactful grandfathered items for the 19 bracket for Cata? I saw a list of items on another thread but it seemed a lot of the items were not as good as some of the more commonly used BIS's. Was wondering which ones are must gets, especially for warrior and priest. Thanks for any help on this subject. Just want to make sure I don't miss out on an important piece of gear.

You might as well grab them all there is time if only 2 chars

My big question is enchanting tbf.. Are we still gonna be able to enchant the Argent Dawn / naxx enchants after pre-patch release?
Wich enchants should I swap out before then?
I noticed 6+ stats on chest becomes level-gated, when I checked on beta.

My big question is enchanting tbf.. Are we still gonna be able to enchant the Argent Dawn / naxx enchants after pre-patch release?
Wich enchants should I swap out before then?
I noticed 6+ stats on chest becomes level-gated, when I checked on beta.

That level-gated enchant business left me so confused. I don't even remember that happening back when, did it? Level 25 too, instead of 35 like most expected changes. Weird.

Feels like we might still be in the dark a bit on what's gonna be BiS if these end up being new changes.

To OP, my suggestion is to look up what stat changes look like in cata for the GF'd items you might want and going from there x

Here are some examples for my priest, on Cata beta:

1713447107210.png
1713447119727.png
1713447129117.png
1713447151389.png

I'm not sure what I'll replace chest with. And I'm not sure wether we'll be able to apply the active enchants post-release.

I wish my druid didn't have t he 'Character copy failed'-bug to it, as I have a much wider set of builds to look at.

Hopefully this is a little helpful, even though they are just screenshotted examples of what it looks like, without any answers

Here are some examples for my priest, on Cata beta:

View attachment 24172View attachment 24173View attachment 24174View attachment 24175

I'm not sure what I'll replace chest with. And I'm not sure wether we'll be able to apply the active enchants post-release.

I wish my druid didn't have t he 'Character copy failed'-bug to it, as I have a much wider set of builds to look at.

Hopefully this is a little helpful, even though they are just screenshotted examples of what it looks like, without any answers
woah wtf. Any more details on this?

woah wtf. Any more details on this?
[Enchant Chest - stats +6] Will be swapped with +4.

The rest of the enchants pretty much stay the same! According to beta currently.
1714150036681.png

ZG-enchants are still locked behind level 55

1714150066984.png

Shoulders don't really give 39 spell power. That's just a tooltip bug, with heirlooms right now! They give 5+ SP.

Attachments

• 1714150021611.png
    1714150021611.png
    102.3 KB · Views: 4
Defias Chest is removed when they overhaul Deadmines. Glacial Stone is grandfathered as well as Seal of Wrynn.

Bought some boots on the AH lvl 21 with a +18 stam enchant, requires level 70

Users who are viewing this thread