How to spend my gold as f2p?

Heirloom upgrades
Buy the 18 slots bags as placeholders if you need them, at 200 gold each it makes for 2420 gold spent but on decked out toon it's mostly useless
Buy https://www.wowhead.com/item=44574/skin-of-mulgore-firewater and get hella drunk (strongly advised)
Buy elixirs of languages to stock gold
There is a few Tmogs buyable from Wrath, Cata and MoP with gold, some pieces cost 100-300 gold
Don't bother and stay at 1000 gold (honestly might as well buy elixirs of languages)

So how are you all spending your gold as a f2p?
91m09Vn.png

Buy threads from the latest addition. With 1000, save 333 gold. There are two 1k recipes in the Draenor garrison. Later they are also sold for 1 thousand. Buy ingredients for engineering, such as Weapon Boots (Legion). Buy pets, some are expensive at the auction, but they can be sold by another character. And everything else depends on your needs. Over a long period of time, you can accumulate a very significant amount, especially if you play with a large number of characters.

So how are you all spending your gold as a f2p?

I hit the gold cap of 1000 gold pretty often and i dont really know how to spend it anymore.

Anyone has any suggestions?
I buy and stack Curing Salt in my Reagent bank. Stacks to 1k I think.

If you have the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth mount, you can buy this directly, whenever!

This is a decent way to always have a bunch of gold on demand!

Buy orboreal shards, they can stack in reagent bag, can hold the highest ammount of gold.
If you plan to sub one day, I agree with Blue, Orboreal Shards are a good way to stack gold. As a F2P player you can earn Ascended Rep through Shadowlands dungeon quests from Finder Ta'sul and Ta'lan the Antiquary that starts with Host Ta'rela <Innkeeper> in Oribos who gives Trading Favors. The Orobeal Shard buying price will drop with Rep from the Ascended and you can then purchase them at a discount from Zotimos in Hero's Rest.

Last edited:
The Littlest Mountain: Here's a wowhead guide for everything collectable. It may be daunting at first but sifting through this well-organized guide for what you can buy, reps to build to, and quests to complete will help you plan how in depth you want to go. :) enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread