It's time for change. (+Blizzard Forum Raid)

Zulu

OG
We have made a post to Blizzard Forums on PvP scaling in low level brackets, please check it out and leave your comments underneath! These changes will bring back the bracket with a vengeance.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pvp-scaling-in-levellers-queues/1775821/1

With many players returning to their 20s in preparation for the expansion, the bracket is slowly coming back to life. Yes we have queues popping every day right now.

It's time for a new code of conduct in our bracket:
1. If one side is too strong, please get off 29s or consider logging a character on the opposing faction.
2. Arena Skirmishes should remain 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 wherever possible.
3. If 29s are farming ANY faction, just stop playing. Both sides. Kill the game, then kill the queues.

Luckily farming does not occur much at the moment, the bracket is the healthiest it has been for a very very long time.
We should all refrain from graveyard farming as best we can, please remind your team not to if that happens, we have an opportunity to bring this bracket back to the glory days.

The in game 20s community "Project For 20s" has reached over 400 members and growing fast with around 20-30 active each day.
How to join: https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-gb/invite/M4JAqEpT3Ex?region=US
Community code: M4JAqEpT3Ex

This community is run by passionate members who only have the best intentions for this bracket, if you would like to contribute via moderation or leadership, please reach out.
In the past in-game twinking communities have gotten a bad name, as close circles ran them in the past and typically have had strong ego's.
We are not following that path, we hope to maintain a community mindset going forwards, with a balanced leadership model of emotionally mature adults.

All we wanna do is log on our twinks without paying for subscription and enjoy this ancient clunky ass game.
Vibe it out dudes.

PS: We will be moving to New Dalaran soon, trying to establish the new dueling area for both factions in the sewers. Chromie Time, Warmode off - see you in the sewers soon <3

Fui expulso da sua comunidade após vencer um campo de batalha contra um mago, então para mim a experiência na sua comunidade foi péssima, quanto aos outros assuntos acho que seja algo bastante pertinente

Fui expulso da sua comunidade após vencer um campo de batalha contra um mago, então para mim a experiência na sua comunidade foi péssima, quanto aos outros assuntos acho que seja algo bastante pertinente
Desculpas, isso deve ter sido há algum tempo.
Muito provavelmente isso aconteceria se você estivesse eliminando as filas de alguma forma, por exemplo, entrando na fila com o nível vinte e nove ou sendo tóxico após avisos.

Option 4: Instead of scaling to the max level in the bracket, everyone scales down to the lowest level in the bracket :ez:

Lvl 21-29 talents gets locked, the ilvl 112 gear scales down to 87.
I've been thinking about this alot... They did this with partysync, why not just do this or something similar baseline?

or Option 5: Split the brackets in half

I've been thinking about this alot... They did this with partysync, why not just do this or something similar baseline?
Ye thats where I got the idea from, hadnt though of it before this thread, was just like “this could work”

or Option 5: Split the brackets in half
In what way? Cuz that sounds like 2.2, and I think the problem with that is; while it would help our bracket, it would destroy the leveling brackets, players wouldnt get pops before reaching the next bracket where their queue is reset.

Option 4: Instead of scaling to the max level in the bracket, everyone scales down to the lowest level in the bracket :ez:

Lvl 21-29 talents gets locked, the ilvl 112 gear scales down to 87.
Thought of this, however blizz wont be doing this i am sure. They wont take away talents within the right bracket

1st f2p free to play
2nd 29s pay to play
how to expect f2p get same privilege as 29s. blz doesn't care low level pvp in fact.

1st f2p free to play
2nd 29s pay to play
how to expect f2p get same privilege as 29s. blz doesn't care low level pvp in fact.
29s p2p doesn't make any sense. Just to annoy their pvp segment. They are not owed anything for stopping their level there.

They can pay or not pay how they want when trial cap goes to 29. Which actually makes a lot of sense. Just one step before raiding flying and massive increase of possibilities

I think all f2p should mass petition blizz to raise cap to 29

@Zulu I hope your blizz thread gets more traction than my Reddit post

Conzil’s take is something I’ve brought up before to the community and guild. Even if it is a big development effort, scaling to the bracket floor basically eliminates blizzards’ 19 year issue with bracket capped twinks.

If it is sold to blizz as a way to “eliminate” twinks it will receive far better community support because we all know how the general community feels about even the mention of the word twink

This idea just happens to have the added benefit of helping f2p/ starters the most

Another big issue I think that put 20s on the radar for being removed from xpon queues was the fact that shadowlands was basically plagued by people playing 10 man fotm premades and syncmades

I personally don’t believe a single 20 makes that big of an impact on a BG outcome (especially if you just play no objectives mid like me) the issue was when 8 of your closest surv hunter friends got together

If it were up to me. 20s back on xpon queues, eliminate the ability for premades to happen if you don’t have a sub. This could mean anyone without a sub can’t join a group outside of RDF/ Random BG, or it could mean you can’t queue as group if there’s a party member with sub off

I know people here love their premades. But I garauntee you that it’s the reason why 20s pvp is dead this xpac

please everyone who can, make yourself known and share your thoughts in the blizzard thread. any replies and likes really help to gain the initial traction

Microsoft laid off 1800 Blizzard employees so they could streamline their operation and really focus on the things that matter...

fine tuning the low level pvp experience in their dying MMO
Haha, welcome back stranger!

But this is a valid point…… we will be so low on the priority list now……

Though on the plus side, Microsoft may look to implement a new free model for the game. One can only hope…..

Haha, welcome back stranger!
Blame sketch for going on a liking spree of years old posts and spamming me with notifications. I thought something funny was going on. Shame.

Microsoft may look to implement a new free model for the game. One can only hope…..
This is where I'm going to be a real downer and then fade back into lurking

It turns out, it wasnt *really* a merger. It was an acquisition. Blizz is being stripped for parts and sold off. Although it wasnt Bane Capital or Blackstone or Carlyle doing it this time, Blizz is facing the same fate as Toys R Us or RadioShack.

WoW is dying. It's still pretty popular for an MMO, mind you, but that popularity is driven by a content release cycle that is unsustainable and the appeal of "classic+" style approach to old content. One misstep, a boring Classic season, one delayed content patch and the game craters.

Blizzard recognizes this. Its why Holly was brought on board (she's an expert in guiding dying MMOs from active development to sustainment), its why WoW was put on the "dead MMO" release cycle of small, rapid fire "expansions" that are basically big content patches. It's why (I think) they went ahead with Classic Cata... the anticipation of Classic MOP and then its 2-3 year life cycle will buy them goodwill and time. But I don't think anyones here for Classic WOD. And I don't think many people are gonna stick around in retail once it becomes clear that "expansion" now only means a new raid or two.

We're about 5 years from seeing WoW sold off or licensed out to someone like Daybreak Games.

Which is a very long explanation to get around to this. It's over. The sustainment model of dead MMOs is appealing to a small but extremely loyal population of whales and thats not twinks. Stop putting hope in petitioning a company with ever dwindling resources and an increasingly frantic need to please shareholders in quarterly reports to please please please pay attention to the couple dozen of us who dont play your game as designed or intended. Get your fun in. Maybe the occasional patch or new xpac helps to recapture some of the magic but its going to be fleeting. And then its going to be over.

The silver lining? Businesses dont acquire IPs they have no interest in making money from. WoW is dead, long live WoW2*!

*or more likely just a bunch of cash grab mobile games with WoW characters

forget ye not that ATVI is MSFT now. complaining to Blizzard is like pissing in the wind. the person who may now getting and reacting to top forum complaints may now be a MSFT placed employee

MSFT recent actions seriously boosted their stock. should gates or new management over ATVI and find out that blizzard DEVs are spending time/money on F2P that he may have a vastly different view of this program and may react adversely to it.

imo Vet/F2P 20 program has decreased vastly which should not be seen as lost earnings.

I agree it is time for a change, it’s time freeloading lowbie ‘twinks’ move on from wow. It’s dead for you pvp wise and all this shite about drumming up as much activity on the official forum won’t do jack. Why would they focus one ounce of effort on the player base that has zero intention of ever becoming a paid subscriber. PvP wise they want to ensure the end level players are content, outside that they may want to ensure those levelling get a experience that keeps them plugging away to end level.
The players are all across the different flavours of the game and spread too thin, those glory days are well over.

I agree it is time for a change, it’s time freeloading lowbie ‘twinks’ move on from wow. It’s dead for you pvp wise and all this shite about drumming up as much activity on the official forum won’t do jack. Why would they focus one ounce of effort on the player base that has zero intention of ever becoming a paid subscriber. PvP wise they want to ensure the end level players are content, outside that they may want to ensure those levelling get a experience that keeps them plugging away to end level.
The players are all across the different flavours of the game and spread too thin, those glory days are well over.
Nope. Pitchforks for f2p boost to 29

it’s time freeloading lowbie ‘twinks’ move on from wow.
the player base that has zero intention of ever becoming a paid subscriber.
Most 20s have at least one active subscription, this freeloader argument is getting old.

PvP wise they want to ensure the end level players are content, outside that they may want to ensure those levelling get a experience that keeps them plugging away to end level.
Problem is that leveling bgs are terrible now, you level past the bracket before even getting a pop, if lucky you get a single pop in the 10-19 bracket, after that the queues are too long.

Users who are viewing this thread