1-9 Level 1 Rogue Guide

Great job! I like this guide, do you think you will make more guides for other classes? If so, I'll be waiting
<
I guess I could make a little guide for hunters or so, but I won't do that without it being requested.

Last edited by a moderator:
hunter guide

1) gear: haste > agility > stamina - minor speed on boots

2) fighting: find a big tree to run around

there ya go, post it, merry Christmas
<

i gave you everything a lvl1 hunter needs to know ... no love this xmas i see
<

I believe Sharpened Scarlet Kris would be a better off-hand choice, but don't know. And I would add unholy enchant to the enchanting list, it procs alot, deals alot of dmg and makes the target deal quite a bit less dmg for some time. Icy chill can some times come in useful but probably at the buttom. I some times use it when dueling hunters or equip it when I start going low on hp so that once it procs i can more easily run out of combat to regen or bandage. But it matters alot about taste when it comes down to enchants I guess. 15+ agi on off-hand is something I always stick to though. Also, +5 hit on boots is something I switch between too. Minor speed and 7+ agi can be great as well depening on what lvl/class you duel. Else I see no problems, clean and nice! So great job :).

Haha that was huge fail of me. I have 4 Thrash blads with various enchants... and 1 dagger. Too used to playing rogue at higher lvl I guess D:. How would it be if I had one of the hammers in off-hand and my blade in main? Would it be much of a difference in damage?

edit: Oh wait.. Is it because sinister strike deals more dmg with slow weapons?

Last edited by a moderator:
The speed of the weapon doesn't affect Sinister Strike, but the damage range does (which are higher on the caster BoA maces). However, we're talking very minimal difference between the weapons. With agility enchants in the main hand, BHoG does a whopping 6.5 more damage every minute. With a PPM enchant like Fiery, it does like 10 more damage every minute...so nothing huge.

If you want to use daggers in the offhand, you're gonna lose roughly twice those amounts...still, not enough to scrap em, but enough to make you want to think about changing at some point imo.

Guys, the new stuff is really annoying me & confusing me, so I can hardly understand what you write..

It's NohrmadarEU here btw (Boud)
I reset my pass a while back because I forgot my old 1, then I got a really advanced one which was set to "save password". I can't find my old email so I'm unable to log onto NohrmadarEU! (BoudThe1Twink original name)

Btw Enone, the two daggers are just the same, and Lifestealing > Unholy, 15agi > unholy. Its about survival & 5hit ALWAYS, because lvl 1s can dodge no matter class.
Also, its not just about max DPS.. You want high survivability and a lot of procs right? Battleworn Thrash Blade ftw <3

Guys, the new stuff is really annoying me & confusing me, so I can hardly understand what you write..

It's NohrmadarEU here btw (Boud)
I reset my pass a while back because I forgot my old 1, then I got a really advanced one which was set to "save password". I can't find my old email so I'm unable to log onto NohrmadarEU! (BoudThe1Twink original name)

Only temporary we hope!

Btw Enone, the two daggers are just the same, and Lifestealing > Unholy, 15agi > unholy. Its about survival & 5hit ALWAYS, because lvl 1s can dodge no matter class.
Also, its not just about max DPS.. You want high survivability and a lot of procs right? Battleworn Thrash Blade ftw <3

The numbers just don't support your theories. Sharpened Kris is the worst DPS of the BoAs, followed by the Heartseeker. Battleworn is a fine all the time blade, but the caster BoAs are slower, have a higher damage range and do more dps. Is it a lot more...no...but if it's all about procs, then you want slower. Yes, they're .1 less speed than the non-caster BoAs, but the damage range is the same so they win out in white dmg.

As for survivability...the faster they die the less you have to survive. So max damage does help survivability (that's the reason we wear 5 hit right?) Plus, you can't dodge spells...so dodge is worthless vs half the classes in the game. So, it's a mixture of both survivability and burst.

As for your enchants, again I think its all situational

Lifestealing > against casters
Unholy > against melee
Fiery is pretty good all the time
Agility > against lvl 21+

But again, since the number differences aren't huge gamebreakers, really, whatever you wanna do is probably fine. Boud has great success his way, I have great success my way, others have great success their way.

Users who are viewing this thread