Lvl 10 mistweaver, getting to Mechagon.

You can do it as lvl 10, I did the Mechagon quest line on a lvl 70 character and that unlocked the starting quest near The Great Seal FP on my lvl 10

You can do it as lvl 10, I did the Mechagon quest line on a lvl 70 character and that unlocked the starting quest near The Great Seal FP on my lvl 10
Does the lvl 10 need to farm the rep himself and farm all the materials since the mats are BOP? How long does it take you? Thx.

You need to unlock Mechagon and its daily quests on your lvl 10. It is done through a questline beginning with The Legend of Mechagon. The last quest in the questline (quest nr. 17, that requires you to do the Mechagon dungeon, which you cannot enter at lvl 10) can be completed without actually doing the dungeon. Just talk to the quest giver, and he will have an option to autocomplete the quest immediately. After this, you will be able to do all the dailies on Mechagon Island. The daily quests will give you reputation (cirka 1000 rep pr day, give and take), and the materials you need to craft the rings.

At Neutral reputation you will get access to crafting lvl 70 rings from Blueprint: Experimental Adventurer Augment that drops from the first rare mob you kill; at Honored you can buy Blueprint: Advanced Adventurer Augment for crafting lvl 76 rings; but you need Revered reputation to buy the blueprint that gives you access to crafting the lvl 80 rings. The item you linked in you first post is the lvl 70 ring version, so just be careful not to craft that one if it is the lvl 80 version you want! The lvl 80 version is this one: Extraordinary Adventurer Augmentation and is acquired from this blueprint: Blueprint: Extraordinary Adventurer Augment

So, it can be done, but prepare for a long grind, as the crafting process not always results in a ring - sometimes you get a trinket instead (which has a lvl 50 requirement), so theres a bit of rng involved. But Mechagon is a fun place to farm not least because you can fly around at lvl 10 by using an Anti-Gravity Pack! GL and happy hunting :)

(Edit 16-01-2024: Corrected the required reputation level and specified the acquisition method to obtain the lvl 70 blueprint)

Last edited:
You need to unlock Mechagon and its daily quests on your lvl 10. It is done through a questline beginning with The Legend of Mechagon. The last quest in the questline (quest nr. 17, that requires you to do the Mechagon dungeon, which you cannot enter at lvl 10) can be completed without actually doing the dungeon. Just talk to the quest giver, and he will have an option to autocomplete the quest immediately. After this, you will be able to do all the dailies on Mechagon Island. The daily quests will give you reputation (cirka 1000 rep pr day, give and take), and the materials you need to craft the rings.

At Friendly reputation you will automatically get access to craft lvl 70 rings; at Honored you can buy a blueprint to craft lvl 76 rings; but you need Revered reputation to buy the blueprint that gives you access to crafting the lvl 80 rings. The item you linked in you first post is the lvl 70 ring version, so just be careful not to craft that one if it is the lvl 80 version you want! The lvl 80 version is this one: Extraordinary Adventurer Augmentation and is acquired from this blueprint: Blueprint: Extraordinary Adventurer Augment

So, it can be done, but prepare for a long grind, as the crafting process not always results in a ring - sometimes you get a trinket instead (which has a lvl 50 requirement), so theres a bit of rng involved. But Mechagon is a fun place to farm not least because you can fly around at lvl 10 by using an Anti-Gravity Pack! GL and happy hunting :)
What is the pre-requsite for the The Legend of Mechagon? It seems since 10.2.0 a lvl 60 will get it right after the simple BFA intro for portal setup. But for a lvl 10 this quest giver does not show up.

What is the pre-requsite for the The Legend of Mechagon? It seems since 10.2.0 a lvl 60 will get it right after the simple BFA intro for portal setup. But for a lvl 10 this quest giver does not show up.
I don’t think we’ve worked this out yet.

I know I’ve unlocked Mechagon on a 60 - well up to the point where my 60 can see dailies, but my 20’s don’t have this initial quest.

I also don’t have Mechagnomes unlocked. I’m not sure if this is needed also as a prerequisite.

Anyone managed to crack Blizz’s spaghetti code as to why not everyone has it?

Does the lvl 10 need to farm the rep himself and farm all the materials since the mats are BOP? How long does it take you? Thx.
The ability to go to mechagon is reserved as a vet privilege. Took me 1 week to take a lvl 10 that i already had gear on to do the into quest and get enough rep to craft the ilvl 80 rings at this point i had enough materials to roll the dice and craft 4 times only 1 got me a ring.

The ability to go to mechagon is reserved as a vet privilege. Took me 1 week to take a lvl 10 that i already had gear on to do the into quest and get enough rep to craft the ilvl 80 rings at this point i had enough materials to roll the dice and craft 4 times only 1 got me a ring.
I am subbed right now. but my lvl 10 does not see the quest https://www.wowhead.com/quest=54088/the-legend-of-mechagon, while my another lvl60 see it right away after the very basic intro https://www.wowhead.com/quest=47189/a-nation-divided. I suspect do you need to be friendly with the 3 factions?

I am subbed right now. but my lvl 10 does not see the quest https://www.wowhead.com/quest=54088/the-legend-of-mechagon, while my another lvl60 see it right away after the very basic intro https://www.wowhead.com/quest=47189/a-nation-divided. I suspect do you need to be friendly with the 3 factions?
Do you have the mechagnome race unlocked? Id start there with ur high lvl then if its still not working on ur lower lvl do a little research. Might need some bfa unlocks. Some or all of the boat sailing options from bfa (like nazajatar or however u spell it) and some or all of the zone bfa intro quests. Then maybe the heart of azreroth hell if ur going this far might as well keep going and pick up ur cloak the legendary one so u can do visions or whatever. If you do all that you will prob have it unlocked and if u dont then you will be damn close. Ill look it up on wowhead for u tomorrow if someone else doesn't chime in by then. But its gunna take a good amount of questing prob more than ur expecting if your new to bfa stuff completely.

Just looked at some of the comments on wowhead and ppl are saying u need to open the world quests for Nazjatar then after that mechagon is available. Not sure how much of what i said above is needed to get that unlocked. But if u do all the things I suggested above whats the worst thing that could happen but you unlocking a bunch of stuff on ur high lvl.

Last edited:
Theres also some thing in the bfa harbor area that has something to do with one of the starting zone unlocks i think its called island expeditions or something like that but on alliance anyway you do 1 of the zone unlocks then this guy will be at the harbor with this table thing u can que into a island to farm azurite power for ur heart of azeroth not sure if doing this is required or not but i feel its worth mentioning. It might be just required to get ur legendary cloak but im unsure bfa kinda blended together in my memory for me its been a while.

someone posted this on wowhead in the comments
"
I wanted to add my two cents as I've combed through many guides and found it hard to understand how to get this quest and start unlocking Mechagnomes as Alliance and a brand new player starting with Shadowlands. I had an issue since I started a lot of quest lines and didn't go far enough in some, and too far in others. You have to keep in mind that these quests cover all of BFA patches and new content intro, so you basically have to unlock all the BFA zones in order of their introduction in the 8.x patches. Here's a quick rundown of the steps from scratch.

1) Port into Boralus from SW and start the BFA questlines to unlock the Harbormaster map, and eventually the boat for the Zandalar Islands.
2) You need Friendly with the three BFA factions - do the Drustvar, Storm's Wake and Proudmoore storylines until you get Friendly with all three factions. You can trigger those from the map in the Harbormaster's Office in Boralus.
3) Along the way, you'll unlock Magni's quest to get you started on the Heart of Azeroth questline. Complete it until you get your Heart of Azeroth (hence the Silithus portal in Boralus).
4) Get your Footholds on all the islands of Zandalar - Vol'dun, Zuldazar, Nazmir. This is handled from the boat and via the command table, do all Zandalar islands.
5) In the midst of your footholds, you'll get the Island Expedition quests. Do that too.
6) Eventually you'll get a chance to go to Nazjatar when you start the questline with Genn Greymane and Jaina. Do the Nazjatar quests until you unlock the World Quests (A Tempered Blade is completed).
7) In the midsts of the Nazjatar quests, you'll get another heads' up from Magni to talk to MOTHER and upgrade your Heart of Azeroth. This takes you to Highmountain also. Complete that questline.
8) Eventually, if all these steps are done, you'll get the quest to start the Mechagon unlock (Fame waits for Gnome One) near the Flight Master in Boralus.
9) Follow better guides from there!"

Someone posted on wowhead in 2023 with much less required. I think the list is for your first toon and may also be a bit obsolete. Other alts have different requirements depending on level. My main is rusty and its gear sucks which is why I try to do the minimum. She is 3 faction friendly, has HoA, has unlocked Nazjatar and Mechagon but didn't complete the questlines. WoW now is super unfriendly to new player for lots of prerequsites. For a casual old player like me it is also confusing.

Someone posted on wowhead in 2023 with much less required. I think the list is for your first toon and may also be a bit obsolete. Other alts have different requirements depending on level. My main is rusty and its gear sucks which is why I try to do the minimum. She is 3 faction friendly, has HoA, has unlocked Nazjatar and Mechagon but didn't complete the questlines. WoW now is super unfriendly to new player for lots of prerequsites. For a casual old player like me it is also confusing.
Yeah I dont doubt theres a shorter way I never actually tried to unlock mechagon it just was for me. But I did try to 100% all engineering, and I did do all the pre stuff to get the legendary cloak from bfa for the visions.

I have my lvl10 mechagon unlocked. So on my main (lvl60), per the list above:

1) Port into Boralus from SW and start the BFA questlines to unlock the Harbormaster map, and eventually the boat for the Zandalar Islands.
Yes
2) You need Friendly with the three BFA factions - do the Drustvar, Storm's Wake and Proudmoore storylines until you get Friendly with all three factions. You can trigger those from the map in the Harbormaster's Office in Boralus.
Yes
3) Along the way, you'll unlock Magni's quest to get you started on the Heart of Azeroth questline. Complete it until you get your Heart of Azeroth (hence the Silithus portal in Boralus).
Yes
4) Get your Footholds on all the islands of Zandalar - Vol'dun, Zuldazar, Nazmir. This is handled from the boat and via the command table, do all Zandalar islands.
Yes
5) In the midst of your footholds, you'll get the Island Expedition quests. Do that too.
Yes
6) Eventually you'll get a chance to go to Nazjatar when you start the questline with Genn Greymane and Jaina. Do the Nazjatar quests until you unlock the World Quests (A Tempered Blade is completed).
Yes
7) In the midsts of the Nazjatar quests, you'll get another heads' up from Magni to talk to MOTHER and upgrade your Heart of Azeroth. This takes you to Highmountain also. Complete that questline.
Yes
8) Eventually, if all these steps are done, you'll get the quest to start the Mechagon unlock (Fame waits for Gnome One) near the Flight Master in Boralus.
Yes
9) Follow better guides from there!"

And do the Mechagon questline till https://www.wowhead.com/quest=55609/operation-mechagon-the-mechoriginator#comments

Got my https://www.wowhead.com/item=169002/calibrated-hefty-cog and https://www.wowhead.com/item=169002/calibrated-hefty-cog on my level 10. Luckily 2 pops just rings and no waste. Not lucky enough to get socket or tert.
It is a 7 days farming to revered, much less than I had thought.
Yeah took me like a week for the rep. But thats pretty lucky you got 2 rings right away. I had to craft 5 or 6 times before I saw my second ring. I only did it on 1 toon so far tho.
Also not sure if you noticed but you can convert some mats to the other mats at the robot. Like if your heavy on one mat and low on the other mat. Then the spare parts you can just farm as much as you need as you go.

Yeah took me like a week for the rep. But thats pretty lucky you got 2 rings right away. I had to craft 5 or 6 times before I saw my second ring. I only did it on 1 toon so far tho.
Also not sure if you noticed but you can convert some mats to the other mats at the robot. Like if your heavy on one mat and low on the other mat. Then the spare parts you can just farm as much as you need as you go.
Yes. I did notice that alternative can go cyclic
Start with
(1 ignite + 5 cells + 150 parts)*5 = 5 oscillator
Then you
(1 osci + 1 crate + 2 cells)*5 = 15 ignites
Then you can create more oscillators, the cycle just consume cells and parts.
In summary, if you have 5 oscillators, you can start the cycle to make a ring by consuming 80 cells + 2500 parts = 1 ring and the 5 oscillators remain in your pocket.
Farming the 80 cells is the bottleneck of the cycle but doable...haven't wanted to try this hard. Probably will take a day to get 80 cells?

Users who are viewing this thread