Obliterum upgrades bugged at LvL 14 items

DeLindsay

10s4Lyf
I believe someone else had mentioned they started the process and didn't see any results, well I finished all the way to 10/10 (getting 20 Bloods at Level 15 without World Quests is brutal). I'm hoping Blizz fixes this because there's no reason at all to have it fully functioning (as in you can complete the upgrades) but have it do absolutely nothing. The finished iLvL would be in line with Artifacts so no real game breaker there. Here are the results:

0 of 10 Obliterum item.jpg 10 of 10 Obliterum item.jpg

Even if Blizz made it so that you only gained any Stats every 2 iLvLs that would be fine. As it sits, it's a complete waste of time other than bragging rights of sorts.

I believe someone else had mentioned they started the process and didn't see any results, well I finished all the way to 10/10 (getting 20 Bloods at Level 15 without World Quests is brutal). I'm hoping Blizz fixes this because there's no reason at all to have it fully functioning (as in you can complete the upgrades) but have it do absolutely nothing. The finished iLvL would be in line with Artifacts so no real game breaker there. Here are the results:

View attachment 17915 View attachment 17916

Even if Blizz made it so that you only gained any Stats every 2 iLvLs that would be fine. As it sits, it's a complete waste of time other than bragging rights of sorts.

Thanks for this!
I was planning on doing this but now I shall save the effort.
Sorry you got burned tho

Yeah, it's a bummer!

As far I searched, ou the JC Obliterum-able gear seems to accept Relics of Time. So it's mostly liked that this wasn't intended.

Anyway, can you make a US post reporting this bug? I can keep visiting it to increase it's relevancy.

How much does it raise the ilvl at the appropriate level? Or... did it. It looks like it doesnt work there either.

But what kind of upgrade were you looking for? 2-3 ilvl? That would seem appropriate given the squish to 14.

How much does it raise the ilvl at the appropriate level? Or... did it. It looks like it doesnt work there either.

But what kind of upgrade were you looking for? 2-3 ilvl? That would seem appropriate given the squish to 14.
I don't remember what it was when Legion was current and I didn't come back until a short bit before Pre-Patch. What I was looking for was 1 iLvL per upgrade, just like the TT says. That would've given a result equal to the Artifact and since there are only 3 items (Neck + Rings) you can do this with, that would be reasonable.

Wowhead comments put it at like 5 ilvl per use back then, at 840 ilvl. May have been an issue for BfA tho, dunno.

Blizz would rather just disable anything before making it work like it's supposed to, so my money would be there.

My guts feeling tells me, this is not a bug, it was more like intended.. The same way they allowed 2 BC gems to avoid nerfing and also the same way they nerf Whitemend set but not Spellfire.. The way I see it, they limit most items using ROTP to a certain cap.. You notice all the rings in the last few expac are cap at 9 (or 7 I can't remember) mastery no matter whether the mats are of a higher grade or not.. I think they are capping stats.. If assume that's what they are doing, then it won't make a difference if you add another 10 levels upgrading.. Maybe there are items that allow upgrading.. But gather from your testing, I am giving up hope on this one

Users who are viewing this thread