F2P Salfir's Warlock Guide

It looks good for FCing... at least if your a Horde, you can jump the GY with the flag, or jump out of it if you are getting GY farmed.

I noticed that you have the timing down pretty well with it too :D

I thought so too until I went and tried it myself, and it's actually just extremely easy to time... you don't have to hit it "right before you land" as the video says, just more or less while you're in the falling half of your jump seems to be close enough most of the time, though that could also have been due to latency issues... xD

It's a lot of fun! i was able to get to the roof of the lumber mill on my lvl 12 lock, while in combat... I wasn't very helpful that game. xD

i'm confused in terms in MM, (even when you explained) Did you mean that if you SOMEHOW got it before you had all your heirlooms you should use it, or is it if you gotten inherited insignia and all your gear you should use MM? I've been trying to get these shoulders for sometime now, and i want to know if it is even worth investing any more time on this.

It's the first. If you are otherwise BiS, use sunderseer as you will benefit more from the resilience. The break point for it being a logical trade is ~1800-1900 health and sunderseer becomes inarguably better if you have ~2000+hp.

It obviously wouldn't hurt to have MM but I understand - it took me months upon months to get my own. But again, if it's the only piece you're missing (including AGM/any other item that would include a buff to stamina/resilience) then I would not consider it best in slot.

if rune of perfection stat changes to 10 hit in patch will pve staff be BiS since we will hit cap with trinket ( if you dont have agm) ?

if rune of perfection stat changes to 10 hit in patch will pve staff be BiS since we will hit cap with trinket ( if you dont have agm) ?
It all depends what gear set you're using.
I would use DHmC in my full SP set, but it's very situational. Rarely do I run around an entire BG with that much vulnerability. The hit from GSoJ is key, but it's the PvP Resil which truly makes it the BiS choice.

Assuming Rune will still give +4 stam as well as the new hit.

Standard BGing Gear Set:
GSoJ + Rune + Insignia + Corpse Rompers
GSoJ + AGM + Insignia + Slippers of Unturned Loyalties

Comes down to +5 Intel < +8 Stam.
Imo, take the extra stamina from AGM if you have it.

Full SP Gear Set: (not recommended for regular PvPing)
DHmC + Rune + Insignia + Slippers of Unturned Loyalties
GSoJ + DEotB + Insignia + Slippers of Unturned Loyalties

Comes down to +2 intel, +3 Stam, +6 crit > +7 PvP Resil.
Since I'm focusing on pure damage/SP, I don't mind losing the resil in this situation. Imo, making DHmC combo the logical choice.

Like I said though, I rarely, if at all, will switch into full SP gear during a BG. In the end, the affects these gear changes make on your damage is very minor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys is int bad now? Wondering if I should take the int on Corpse Rompers.

edit: nvm its like 5 spell power....dmg will be crap either way lol

Wonderful guide.. the demo looks fun, but i can only imagine the amount of saliva dripping from rogues mouths when the check the board and see warlocks.

One little question long ago the lil blue lock pet had a bubble that could absorb dmg for the lock was that replaced by the disarm?

Wonderful guide.. the demo looks fun, but i can only imagine the amount of saliva dripping from rogues mouths when the check the board and see warlocks.

One little question long ago the lil blue lock pet had a bubble that could absorb dmg for the lock was that replaced by the disarm?

I would say Demo has the best shot 1v1 against a rogue. Use your leap>fear/hand of guldan wisely! You can kite them well with it. As Destro/Aff... if you can get your fear off then you have a shot but if not...

And remember that with Demo/Aff you can easily switch to your Voidwalker and use disarm! It's difficult to use but very satisfying. Sacrifice would be a nice skill to have, but Disarm is certainly not useless.

You should add the Dread pirate ring to this. It gives the hit the Lavishly jeweled ring has, and 3 stamina and 5 crit to boot!
(well, at the cost of 5 intellect)

Absolutely. Thanks!

When (if?) the hit scaling bug changes for 5.2 I'm going to do a bit of an update for the guide in general :) Warlocks saw a couple of changes this patch for sure - and I don't know how I missed adding DPR last patch.

Users who are viewing this thread