Scaling in the SL campaign

nikolayy2013

Veteran
So I started out just fine, all the quests were scaled down to 20 until I got to Ardenweald. Done the first part just fine, got the zone ability etc. Got to a point where the quest leads me to kill 60s. Did you guys encounter the same thing or is it only me?

Noticed that rares, not all of them but most of them are 60 in all zones, or atleast at ones i got to explore.

I could complete the campaign without problems. No 60s to kill. I faced some 60s while doing the other normal quest, but none of them where relevant for quest.

I think before the df release, there where more quests available in SL that I could pick. I could find only a few now.

Did all the quests on a 'lock before 28th and didn't notice anything except Territorial Shimmermoths in Ardenweald towards the end of the run. They patrol above the quest zone and when you aggro them they are difficult to shake.

Prior to this week's issues with DF launch and realm not available or instance not available issues, there were areas in all the Shadowland's Covenant zones places with level 60 mobs right near the scaled level 20 ones. But yeah, not had a quest to kill any level 60 mobs.

Even more so after completing the campaign quests there. I went looking for any missing quests and besides not finding any ran close to level 60 mobs and had a few surprises.

Also, to note, you can loot some items mostly the toys as F2P but many require level 48 to re-use, yet I was able to activate these toys in my collection @ 20. So was a nice find as in the past, getting a toy or item you have to be at that higher level to activate etc.

some streamer/tubers/influencers QQd about what was referred to as "on rails leveling" which overall started in BFA. for example you would be a 110 horde on the drustvar campaign to establish first base there. on the road where you rode on the chopper right to the side, right there 6 yards off the road was a rare mob which was 120 if you tried to kill it you died. if you took any out of the way short cuts you would get swarmed and die.

i did the SL starter campaign quest chain, i did not do any of the other quests i saw at random, i did face 60 mobs in some areas that would one shot me, that was due to me going off rails to get FPs in areas the starter campaign does not send you. after doing all four zones sent back to oribos, no option to pick a COV, i was bummed

Especially with BFA pretty much open to all the dungeons including for most of the profession quests (minus the Epic professional tool/item). As well as I noted that the 30-slot bag was as available from either Shadowlands or BFA tailoring, the 32-slot bag can be too. Out of these it a toss between BFA and Shadowlands to make the 30-slot bags fairly faster than the WoD via Garrison. The Shadowlands cloth proc'ing is slightly more useful than regular BFA cloth dropping but both require mostly humanoid mobs to get cloth.

Not having access to gain reputation in Shadowlands some of the profession "perks" or key items are locked out for a F2P.

BFA for Alchemists has a interesting alchemy stone but only ilvl 19 - the extra equip ability is slightly better that Outlands Sha'tar rep stone. I use it with the Endless Healing/Mana Potions from Northrend Alchemy.

But questing wise - BFA has more for the F2P at this time than Shadowlands and frankly not sure why Shadowlands was opened for F2P per se.

if you have a main account with a engineer, with your F2P attached via bnet, there is the eng wormhole toy useable at level 1 SL eng. probably will get nerfed soon and assigned higher level req. you could get all the FPs and not do the campaign or just do the first part taking you to bastion so oribos FP gets unlocked

SL fishing pole imo is a must get item

if you have a main account with a engineer, with your F2P attached via bnet, there is the eng wormhole toy useable at level 1 SL eng. probably will get nerfed soon and assigned higher level req. you could get all the FPs and not do the campaign or just do the first part taking you to bastion so oribos FP gets unlocked

SL fishing pole imo is a must get item
Oh god no, please no, domt jinx it, that toy is the best thing you can get for SL zones. Combine that with the toy that unlocks all flypaths for SL, and you can even skip the oribos introduction on new chars, you can start zooming around after learning the proffesion.

As the Shadowlands Engineering Wormhole requires learning the schematic which currently a F2P can't get the rep to learn, then only linked accounts can use it. True like all the wormholes - only Classic and Outlands via the engineering spec and level 20 work, but the rest have a character level assigned regardless if one can make them.

Users who are viewing this thread