Veteran Edition account (6.1 update)

I have to say, the moral high ground and stated lack of respect is grinding at me a bit.

Do the people who are going to diss the veterans group on p2p?

If so, I can easily disable my f2p add-on so that you can't group on my p2p any more. You know, to keep it pure. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I have to say, the moral high ground and stated lack of respect is grinding at me a bit.

Do the people who are going to diss the veterans group on p2p?

If so, I can easily disable my f2p add-on so that you can't group on my p2p any more. You know, to keep it pure. ;)

how does that have to do with anything that we are talking about, there's quite a difference between grouping some f2ps and stomping on them in bgs.

As I clearly stated before, I didn't roll 24s, I don't roll 29s. But I'm going to use the damn heirloom tab on my linked account. If that makes me an object of ridicule and scorn, then I damn sure won't let some self righteous prick group on my p2p. If you're so pure (not you personally), then play the starter edition the way that Blizzard actually intended.

As I clearly stated before, I didn't roll 24s, I don't roll 29s. But I'm going to use the damn heirloom tab on my linked account. If that makes me an object of ridicule and scorn, then I damn sure won't let some self righteous prick group on my p2p. If you're so pure (not you personally), then play the starter edition the way that Blizzard actually intended.

yeah well that's good news for you, but as i said, it has nothing to do with what we're talking about

This is so very interesting!

Now here is my question..

I got the Battle chest for Vanilla to Wrath, cataclysm, and mists..

If I were to use my game and upgrade to Mists of Pandaria, will my account be counted as a Veteran Account IF it was made before 6.1?

Here is what we know so far....
- Veteran Edition will be applied for any WoW account that is Pre-Warlords of Draenor

-The level cap to the Veteran Account depends on which expansion you have
Mists of Pandaria- Maximum Level 20 or 90
Battle Chest- Maximum Level 20 or 85

-Veteran Edition Accounts will have Chat Restrictions as the Starter Edition has

-Currency Cap will be implied to Veteran Edition Accounts

-Veteran Edition will allow players to join guilds

(Still working some things out.. *shrug*)
If I am correct, blizzard will let anyone was a pre-wod player have access to their accounts with the implied restrictions of the starter ed.

Another Question:

Will players be able to play their 90s in the state of being a Veteran Edition?

Last edited by a moderator:

If I were to use my game and upgrade to Mists of Pandaria, will my account be counted as a Veteran Account IF it was made before 6.1?

- Veteran Edition will be applied for any WoW account that is Pre-Warlords of Draenor

-Veteran Edition Accounts will have Chat Restrictions as the Starter Edition has

If I am correct, blizzard will let anyone was a pre-wod player have access to their accounts with the implied restrictions of the starter ed.

Another Question:

Who said anything about this being applied only to old accounts or veteran having different caps depending on which expansions you bought? Cap is 20 for everyone and you won't be able to log on higher toons.

Also MoP has been part of Battle Chest for a few months now.

Another Question:

Any paid account that has a lapsed subscription converts to a veteran account. All characters above level 20 will be locked while the sub is lapsed. This is confirmed through various blue posts and tweets linked in this thread.

Edit: Baumbart beat me to it lol

Who said anything about this being applied only to old accounts or veteran having different caps depending on which expansions you bought? Cap is 20 for everyone and you won't be able to log on higher toons.

Also MoP has been part of Battle Chest for a few months now.
I assumed that it was more implied to older accounts than draenor ones, that's how I read it on the quote

And I totally forgot that Mists had been added. ( kinda shows how much time I spend on wow related stuff and how much I pay attention to reading)

Any paid account that has a lapsed subscription converts to a veteran account. All characters above level 20 will be locked while the sub is lapsed. This is confirmed through various blue posts and tweets linked in this thread.

Edit: Baumbart beat me to it lol

I looked up some sources (including Wow forums) and it said the same thing...

So this is interesting. It will probably be almost exactly like the death knight glitch then....

Alright so this is how I'm now absorbing the info:

With the Veteran Edition, Blizzard plans on canceling the not-subbed=locked account system. Changing it to not-subbed="Veteran Ed." ( Basically a Starter Ed. with the exception of not joining guilds) aka still play but temporarily lose your p2p privileges until you resubscribe.....

Thanks for the clarifying ;)

Another Question:

It was my understanding that -every- account was going to be given the ability to play at starter edition restrictions when subscription was off. They're doing this because they recognized it wasn't fair to subscribers that they couldn't play their accounts at all when not paying, but Starter Edition accounts could.

And no, once you have lapsed into subscription off status (read: Starter Edition restrictions) you have the exact same account limitations as Starters, including the level 20 cap.

So basically if you pay 5$ you get a few more looms and enchants then go back to being f2p with a guild?

True.

Here's how I see it:

There is no "Veteran Account". There is no "Starter Account".

With 6.1 there is just an account, that's all.

If you have an active subscription, wonderful; you can do everything. If you don't, cool; you can still play up to and including 20 with restrictions.

The only funky thing is if you really really wanted to start an account unpaid and stay unpaid you could join a guild if you were linked to a main account that had a character in it. Everything else is active/inactive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Veteran Edition accounts are going to be as follows:

They will be merged with the Starter Editions so a starter edition is not labeled.

They will have all the same restrictions as Starter Editions BUT they can access characters on a P2P account below level 20 with no gametime activated.

If this Character you use is in a guild you will be able to invite your other low level characters ONLY TO THAT GUILD.

Upgrades are adding Gametime to the game OR adding Expansions if your account has none activated.

And Some trade skills will be locked past a certain point or locked all together.

Luffy as entertaining as I think the Deadpool signature pic is, I have to ask you to only use a pic that is 200px by 500px. Those are the forum policies. I'll check back tomorrow to see that it's been fixed. Thank you!

P.S. you can use mine as a size guide, as it is exactly 200x500.

(bump)

would recruit a friend make it possible to get a veteran account without actually paying anything?

I don't really know how it works

I've place my bet on that and hold it. Once you pay, all characters on your veteran account get tagged as part of that paid account (including any sub-21 twinks you've created). Unsubscribe, and you lose access to all previous characters, but can start new ones with trial restrictions. Less wishful thinking, more business sense.

Sooo... can we start talking about the terms of your bet now? I believe the eating of a hat was mentioned somewhere in there.... :)

And Some trade skills will be locked past a certain point or locked all together.

Haven't seen anyone else mention this - my vet toon is currently not allowed to craft wool bandages (lvl 80) or enchant cloaks (lvl 70). Looks like some of the profs were nerfed down from 100?!

Haven't seen anyone else mention this - my vet toon is currently not allowed to craft wool bandages (lvl 80) or enchant cloaks (lvl 70). Looks like some of the profs were nerfed down from 100?!

It's been like that since the creation of vets. You have to enchant your stuff and stack on higher lvl consumables before your game time runs out. Once it's out your crafting is limited to skill 100.

has been said before in other threads. report bug to blizzard maybe it will get fixed

Users who are viewing this thread