What skips/account unlocks can be unlocked on f2p and what requires a sub?

chaoticmind

Royal Member
What skips/account unlocks can be unlocked on f2p and what requires a sub?

I have a friend thats never played wow and is reluctant because of the paid sub. So i was thinking id have him try it fp2 first and work on skips and account unlocks thats obtainable f2p first. Then when he has all of those. Ill buy him a sub to get the remainder skips/account unlocks that cant be obtained. My issue is im a scummy subber :) so I dont know what to tell him to work on first. Any help on creating a list of things obtainable for a f2p and a subber would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

While you can get a fair number of account unlocks, I don't see those as being a high priority for a brand new player. The sheer scope of the world is probably the first thing to pull a new player in, with subsystems usually being a close second. (Personally, professions were what really drew me to WoW.) Grinding for collectables is pretty low down the list.

Tell your friend to try the trial and poke around expansion content. If the amount of content draws him in, great. If it isn't his thing, he hasn't spent anything and can walk away.

-create another wow account with it's own email/bnet, the email would have to be linked to friends phone or actual email backup
-use a name that would make it a direct relative
-sub it and do a paid transfer of a player (40+) loaded with BOAs, gold, bags, etc. and that also uses cross race/class mounts.

the 40+ in the sub month can do all the race unlocks for a faction, along with other things
this will give your friend a massive head start even if not wanting to sub but have a nice Vet20 account

-create another wow account with it's own email/bnet, the email would have to be linked to friends phone or actual email backup
-sub it and do a paid transfer of a player (40+) loaded with BOAs, gold, bags, etc. and that also uses cross race/class mounts.

the 40+ in the sub month can do all the race unlocks for a faction, along with other things
this will give your friend a massive head start even if not wanting to sub but have a nice Vet20 account
Remember that if you transfer a char it has to be to the same xpac. Meaning that if you have DF account and transfer a char to an account without DF, the transfer wont work.

whats the point of character transferring? if im subbed and can just rush and trade gold bags ect ????

it's in my reply, sure you can give gold/bags, etc. a transferred player loaded with all BOAs in it bags will help the account for your friend starting in WOW

Users who are viewing this thread