Will 70 twinking make a comeback?

Prepatch is basically like blizzard forcing everyone to play 70 twinks xD. So for sure can see some really good opportunities this go around to encourage people to leave a few tbc toons around for the bracket

I don't quite get what you mean. How is the prepatch like forcing everyone to play 70 twinks?

I don't quite get what you mean. How is the prepatch like forcing everyone to play 70 twinks?
everyone is playing a character at level 70, and alot of them will be well optimized in BIS gear only lacking new gems and enchants and some of them will be low geared schmucks to be destroyed. Sounds like a lot of 70 twinking to me

Back in OG WOTLK/CATA, 70 twinking was huge! Bgs/arenas popped all the time, and even in Cata we have nonstop AV games. Do you all think this will come full circle also? This is just me getting in the feels and remembering some of the best times I had in the game.

yes, yes and yes. 70 twinking will be a thing. I cant wait.
[doublepost=1661218065,1661218026][/doublepost]
We'll see if they keep arena ratings for brackets as they originally did through MOP. Will probably be a factor.

you are the reason i made a shaman twink in LK :)

Just to check though, 70 twinks get thrown in 70-79 battlegrounds other than AV? So you have arena and AV as the main draw?

Just to check though, 70 twinks get thrown in 70-79 battlegrounds other than AV? So you have arena and AV as the main draw?
Pretty much this. I don't think 70 will be a thing. The draw of 70 before was the pool of players due to people still only having TBC accounts and being capped at 70. This go around you don't buy the expansions. Comparing 70 to a 79, and I believe it would be a disadvantage to stay 70 if you plan to play anything other than arena and AVs which will have a much lower pop of 70s this go around.

Pretty much this. I don't think 70 will be a thing. The draw of 70 before was the pool of players due to people still only having TBC accounts and being capped at 70. This go around you don't buy the expansions. Comparing 70 to a 79, and I believe it would be a disadvantage to stay 70 if you plan to play anything other than arena and AVs which will have a much lower pop of 70s this go around.
Besides level 70 healers being the best healers in the bracket due to obscene resil scaling and people still liking to raid and keep their characters as they were, I think you are far off the Mark. 70s and 79s can exist and they can both thrive.

Along with that, the only way to obtain 100% arp or high crit or haste and like mentioned resil is to be 70. 79 secondary scaling is butt cheeks
[doublepost=1661616455,1661616405][/doublepost]
You don’t have to get it, we do us, you do you

Besides level 70 healers being the best healers in the bracket due to obscene resil scaling and people still liking to raid and keep their characters as they were, I think you are far off the Mark. 70s and 79s can exist and they can both thrive.

Along with that, the only way to obtain 100% arp or high crit or haste and like mentioned resil is to be 70. 79 secondary scaling is butt cheeks
[doublepost=1661616455,1661616405][/doublepost]
You don’t have to get it, we do us, you do you

What is your deal, did you forget you already answered my question? You seem to have gotten more ornery since then but go ahead and keep doing you.

Back in OG WOTLK/CATA, 70 twinking was huge! Bgs/arenas popped all the time, and even in Cata we have nonstop AV games. Do you all think this will come full circle also? This is just me getting in the feels and remembering some of the best times I had in the game.

in 2008 BC was made the base game in WOTLK, thru CATA and over half of MOP. blizzard doubled the affects of resilience in feb/mar 2009 for players 70 and lower. like F2P but paid monthly alot stopped there, geared or if you what to called it twinked.

based on what blizzard has done with classic servers, classic expacs of WOW, the separation, you are not going to have the above OG sequence

I think as guilds start to slow down from dragon flight , people will want to try other things and might dab into twinking. I’ve noticed a lot of people leveling alts and it’s real easy to get 80s to help with sunwell and that might convince more to try it out.

I think as guilds start to slow down from dragon flight , people will want to try other things and might dab into twinking. I’ve noticed a lot of people leveling alts and it’s real easy to get 80s to help with sunwell and that might convince more to try it out.
Sadly a lot of twinkle interested in reliving or trying it have called it quits or arnt looking to do it since rated arena is out of the question

Sadly a lot of twinkle interested in reliving or trying it have called it quits or arnt looking to do it since rated arena is out of the question
true but i am seeing more and more twink 69, 70s and 79s with a few 72 twinks in bgs. I just built a 70 rogue over the weekend. Now I’m enchanting and working professions. 70s are fun right now because you get the 61-70 AV pops and surprisingly enough, 70 rogue is fun against 79’s. I seen a 70 resto druid a Twink and he was insane in the 70-79 bracket. also think that we can faction change with phase 2, which will make my rogue alliance. Blackberry I know you can get the people together, I might transfer to your server and pvp and pve on my rogue.

yeah iv been seeing alot more 70-79 twinks on alliance side then horde. if your horde come check out mankirk , i have a twink guild looking for more!

we can get you bis pve gear

Users who are viewing this thread