The War Within Updates - Warbands

Please no... I already can't stand dynamic flying. I hope it won't be a big feature in TWW
we only have until bata comes out to see if it's a thing or not, it could be it's a ptp feature for all we know.

The player is no longer a character, they're a warleader controlling characters. Blizz has decided your fantasy
realizingwarcraft.jpg

literally thought about this while i was in the dentist today.

I've enjoyed the added challenge of ground only and would be lying if I said part of me wasn't torn over dynamic flight. That said, this opens up the game in a way 20s haven't had before, and the choice to use it or not is still ours. It's hard to see this as anything but a net positive for the bracket in terms of options.

On the TWW Dynamic Flight preview video they say that characters can get dynamic flight at level 15 (1:23)

A big change for F2P over the last 13 years.

I have mixed feelings.

On the one hand, it'll be great because we'll finally be able to move around more quickly and access a feature that has always been reserved for the highest levels.

On the other hand, moving around on a flying mount will mean we lose the 'land exploration' aspect that was unique to F2P.

Getting to certain hard-to-reach places with a mount or on foot was a form of motivation in itself. But there's nothing to stop you not using this feature either.

It's possible that Blizzard decided to unlock this feature to motivate new players to stay longer in WoW rather than test the competition.

FFIV, for example, had based one of its marketing campaigns some time ago on the fact that there were also a fair number of flying mounts in the game (in other words, you could also have a form of Dragonflight in FFXIV).

Given that dynamic flight is very popular with the WoW community, it's possible that Blizzard has chosen to unlock it for new players in order to offer them a more attractive free trial than its competitor.

Wont have to use darkmoon cannon to get to botanica on my 20s now. Also wont have to wait for a belt failure to shoot me into the air so I can goblin glider down on toons without cannon.
I'm just happy I won't have to wait for the Orgrimmar elevator or take forever to get to the Stormwind portal room anymore.

If flying is at 20, then they'll be removing 60% ground riding and just having 100% available at lvl 10. That or they'll have 60% available at 1, and 100% at 10

I hate dynamic flying but I'll probably just opt for regular flying. Yeah it isn't as fast but sometimes I just like to auto-fly in one direction so I can get up and take a leak or switch between tabs.

If flying is at 20, then they'll be removing 60% ground riding and just having 100% available at lvl 10. That or they'll have 60% available at 1, and 100% at 10

I hate dynamic flying but I'll probably just opt for regular flying. Yeah it isn't as fast but sometimes I just like to auto-fly in one direction so I can get up and take a leak or switch between tabs.
AFK Flight ftw
I don't know what to think about dynamic ground mounts?
What.... if we run out of movement points, do we have to get out & push, or walk?
ugh.... so fucking stupid... Game-ifying movement.

As I said to op, we probably need to wait and see if it’s a thing or not. Because the one video that I posted by MrGM said they took it out.

I’m hoping that’s not the case, because I’d rather ride faster on the ground and enjoy the scenery than fly past things so quickly and ignore the beauty that the game has to offer.

Brewfest Ram maybe? lol
Most likely to happen. lol

AFK Flight ftw
What.... if we run out of movement points, do we have to get out & push, or walk?
ugh.... so fucking stupid... Game-ifying movement.
Right? Just let me use my mount without it being a minigame

Get ready for dynamic running in two expansions where you need to recharge energy by playing a game of Hearthstone

Users who are viewing this thread