Top 10 reasons to twink in Cataclysm Classic

Kamandi888

Royal Member
1. If you are burned out on 19s like I am (after almost 20 years) Cata brings some serious alternatives
2. It is not retail -- turned my back on retail after WoD --never going back. Ever.
3. The way classes in Cata start at level 10 is how WoW should have been from day one
4. People know they can level in PvP so BGs will be crowded.
5. All brackets, especially 29s will have so much more class diversity and SHADOW PRIESTS!
6. So much easier to gear
7. You can fly to gather resources.
8. HEIRLOOMS -- including the head, cloak and leg slots!
9. Pandaria is going to be the biggest Classic WoW revamp and many will be going to Cata in anticipation of Panda Land!
10. KILLING NIGHT ELVES WHILE THEY ARE STILL BABIES

1713792061257.png
I can agree on some of these.

Last edited:
Annnnnnd there are HUGE gear advantages to be had RIGHT now that will impact your twink in Cata.
Thats a negative tho, you are gonna get no new players to the bracket once cata is out, it will only go down. Why would someone create a twink when there are a bunch of gf items?

Same thing happened in SL on retail, people with gf gear didn’t make alts cuz no points, those that didn’t have gf items cried for an entire xpack.

Not a negatve -- you can't get the Monkey Ring or the Tiger Ring or the Snake Hoop in Cata on your 29. But you can in WOTLK as the quest requirement changes from level 22 to level 30, but the item level requirement does not.

This reminds me of the time some EU Rogue got the quest dagger from Blackfathom Deep on a level 19. Which was a level 20 dagger.

level 10 rogues got trashed by blizzard in CATA, they lost abilities like sprint , gouge, parry, throw/shoot (along with the range wpn slot), slice and dice. the addition of a poison and ambush did not help the class

after buffs and nerfs within WOTLK i took my 10 rogue to 13 for better gear and kick ability. i kept a disco and hunter at 10.

imo best 10s in:
- BC rogue then hunter because of dodge and agility crit, armor, dodge contribution mechanics
- WOTLK very dependent of when within the expac based on patches, nerfs, etc. Disco, rogue, warrior
- CATA imo disco priest

there was a particular 10 disco that did leveling BG farm in WOTLK and CATA named poppee, was reported to blizzard over and over, complained about on this previous forum, and wow forums. i had player on that server and if i caught this player was on. i would switch to my 10 disco (opposing faction) to counter him/her. it was fun

shadow priests came into power big time in CATA, they were good at 24 and 29

doubt classic Cata will be a success or long standing official private server seeing how fast BC fell off and WOTLK even faster with that being considered the epic point in WOW which also had leveling XP in BGs

level 10 rogues got trashed by blizzard in CATA, they lost abilities like sprint , gouge, parry, throw/shoot (along with the range wpn slot), slice and dice. the addition of a poison and ambush did not help the class

after buffs and nerfs within WOTLK i took my 10 rogue to 13 for better gear and kick ability. i kept a disco and hunter at 10.

imo best 10s in:
- BC rogue then hunter because of dodge and agility crit, armor, dodge contribution mechanics
- WOTLK very dependent of when within the expac based on patches, nerfs, etc. Disco, rogue, warrior
- CATA imo disco priest

there was a particular 10 disco that did leveling BG farm in WOTLK and CATA named poppee, was reported to blizzard over and over, complained about on this previous forum, and wow forums. i had player on that server and if i caught this player was on. i would switch to my 10 disco (opposing faction) to counter him/her. it was fun

shadow priests came into power big time in CATA, they were good at 24 and 29

doubt classic Cata will be a success or long standing official private server seeing how fast BC fell off and WOTLK even faster with that being considered the epic point in WOW which also had leveling XP in BGs
I remember rogues being the absolute most OP twinks ever at level 19/29 in cata. You used to use swords as sub and you would unironically oneshot heirloomed clothies.

sneaking into leveling BGs yes, before the split of 10-19 XP off bracket in CATA no. 10 rogues lost too much

rogues could use swords in sub spec since day one of WOW, my rogue had a wing blade and a talon blade. in 10-19 i always played combat, in 29 i played combat or sub, at 39 plus always sub and always sword/mace

Being hyped for the biggest most unfair grandfathering event in twinking history is crazy.

There should be fresh Cata servers with no xfers.

Thats a negative tho, you are gonna get no new players to the bracket once cata is out, it will only go down. Why would someone create a twink when there are a bunch of gf items?

Same thing happened in SL on retail, people with gf gear didn’t make alts cuz no points, those that didn’t have gf items cried for an entire xpack.
My entire WoW twinking career is proof that that's wrong. I started my 10 twink in Cata retail behind all of those with gfd gear. It never discouraged me, but just made me drool of what could've been!

"Being hyped for the biggest most unfair grandfathering event in twinking history is crazy.

There should be fresh Cata servers with no xfers."

This is the least twink like comment I have ever read.

The ESSENCE of twink is to have the advantage, by any means necessary.

Before there was community, before the competitive c---k measuring, before ladder lists there was, and will always be, the internal need to stomp nubs and have better gear than the guy next to you.

"Being hyped for the biggest most unfair grandfathering event in twinking history is crazy.

There should be fresh Cata servers with no xfers."

This is the least twink like comment I have ever read.

The ESSENCE of twink is to have the advantage, by any means necessary.

Before there was community, before the competitive c---k measuring, before ladder lists there was, and will always be, the internal need to stomp nubs and have better gear than the guy next to you.
cringe

sneaking into leveling BGs yes, before the split of 10-19 XP off bracket in CATA no. 10 rogues lost too much
This is a hilarious perspective as someone who was around at the time and heavily involved in current cata classic. It couldn't be farther from true, and completely incorrect. I think you might be confusing cata for mop

Sub rogues in cata were second to none, comparable to surv hunter and disc priest.
And even those 3 weren't the only viable specs, near every class had some viability and we even saw viable niche builds made popular by community members!

To add: cata will not be the ending of twinking, nor will it plateau for every bracket likely the opposite. So long as wow still pushes content we twinkers will find a way to do what we do best.

This has always been the way, but i enjoy reading all the devil's advocates

Users who are viewing this thread