War Within Level 20 Info

Going to guess that mode requires finishing the main campaign. So vets will be able to get it, but not f2p.

I may not play 20s, but it applies to all brackets anyway: What I'm really curious about is the ilvl increase that is mentioned peripherally, because levelling still is too hard. Anyone have information on that? Like do all items just increase in ilvl or do we have to refarm or does it only apply to certain sources?

Also anything new on ilvl of crafted gear?

For Monk or Druid, will their native flying ability unlock by or on level 20?

Kind of makes Death Knight as a choice more interesting, as they get access to a flying mount [unless it now has a level requirement was 1-70) before the Legion Order Halls added those able to fly to other classes for around 1000 gold. Granted not useable on all classes, but gives fresh F2P a option.

There is the Outlands Flying Machine as relatively easy to make item (I have to recheck if Outlands Engineering (1) is required to use).

I may not play 20s, but it applies to all brackets anyway: What I'm really curious about is the ilvl increase that is mentioned peripherally, because levelling still is too hard. Anyone have information on that? Like do all items just increase in ilvl or do we have to refarm or does it only apply to certain sources?

Also anything new on ilvl of crafted gear?
I have not seen much on the gear per se but Blizzard recently just "fixed" enchanting that most of the pre-DF enchants can be used up to ilvl 320 (vs previously was under ilvl 50 or grandfathered on ilvl 87 or such).

This may be a sign that ilvl for level 20 may not be at ilvl 87 around the pre-patch of The War Within. But the ilvl 320 tooltip may be a way for Blizzard to keep older enchants from The War Within ilvl gear. without breaking enchanting again.

I have not seen much on the gear per se but Blizzard recently just "fixed" enchanting that most of the pre-DF enchants can be used up to ilvl 320 (vs previously was under ilvl 50 or grandfathered on ilvl 87 or such).

This may be a sign that ilvl for level 20 may not be at ilvl 87 around the pre-patch of The War Within. But the ilvl 320 tooltip may be a way for Blizzard to keep older enchants from The War Within ilvl gear. without breaking enchanting again.
It's only hearsay since I didn't see it myself, but there was mention of a screenshot in the 30s Discord showing ilvl 145 instead of 115 (analogue to ilvl 87 for 20s) and the patchnotes developer notes did mention an ilvl increase across the board. 115 to 145 is kinda insane since it's roughly a 150% stat increase.

I’ll speculate and say that blizzard is done with their ilvl shakeups for now

In shadowlands they shook up and normalized character levels, as well as did a semi normalization of item levels across expansions to date

In DF they finished the job with the ilvl normalization across all levels and expansions and hopefully set the stage for a new char lvl and ilvl foundation for the next few expansions

Just like how twinks of old were stuck in relatively the same pieces of gear for years, WoD and TBC gear might be the new norm for the coming era of twinking

Of course professions are still not fixed, which could again change things, as well as any BOEs, rare spawns from new content, as well as any potential re-introduction of borrowed powers from previous expansions (artifact, azerite, covenant) however id expect these to come in ability / talent form

Blizzard has gotten pretty good, imo, of foolproofing their downscaling of newer endgame zones to not miss overpowered items coming into the hands of low level pvpers. Shadowlands becoming baseline has really not changed the gearing meta that’s been in place, with the exception of the creative dungeon scaling mechanics that were abused for a short period of time.

1714507138212.png

You make a good point, but... you know. Found it at this Wowhead news post. That's what makes me worried/hopeful/curious. Edit: My favourite part is "leveling content should feel easier".

Attachments

• 1714507047062.png
    1714507047062.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 25
I looked into it some more and the rescaling als applies to raid items although they seem to be at a (depending on raid tier) higher ilvl than epic dungeonq procs or wf items. But that not applicable to 20s anyway, so scratch that.
This makes no sense and can't be final. Raise the itemlevel but lower the stats. That does not make it easier as they lined out in the patchnotes. Unless they redo the difficulty scaling for leveling dungeons, which... jfc this makes my head hurt. This can't be final, they're still cooking.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=29329/terokks-quill
This is showing the epic proc increases item level but not stats. New to this, have they worked out in the past to increase stats with ilvls and this is just pending work, or could we see all epic upgrades become useless?
Currently stats are lowered on all items, we dont know exactly what they intend to do.

Evoker gonna ruin the bracket... COPIUM:PepeHands:

Looked into this

ilvl is increased
Less difference between Rare and Epic gear
Stats are lowered

(this is all from wowhead only btw)

Thanks @Thrano, added this to the main post
This is a MESS?! I'll allow that : Possibly epic items were at bit over-tuned, but to make them basically the same as normal dungeon drops?!? & the scaling down of their potentcy?!
There will surely be more tuning performed on this....

oh, who am I kidding?! this is Blizz...
they'll get some shaved ape to wipe their arse with the keyboard & say it's perfectly balanced!

Currently stats are lowered on all items, we dont know exactly what they intend to do.
Yes we dont know for sure because they havent released the final version, still WIP. But i think it is goofy to see the epic and rare having same stats but different ilvl. In fact, i could see it being a thing for 30+ once the raids kick in, and them keeping them the same stats for lower levels

I kinda like this tbh, 26 ilvl increase for epic proc was a bit too much (61 to 87)
I feel like 5 is more realistic, maybe 10 max.
26 ilvls is a bit much, though I really want an Epic to be & feel E P I C.
More than anything, I'd like to see the world/quest gear normalized with dungeon gear/drops across all xPacs.
I don't really care what ilvls the settle upon.
We might be ab le to go back to 2x4 World farms. for gearing>>!!!!

Any non-soulbound item can go into the Warband Bank?

this sorta goes against what IH said at blizzcon, when i run old raids with like a DK, i get alot of epic gear for other classes i have. they are soulbound when they drop. IH explained it as being able to put those unuseable items into warbands and your other classes could learn them. eliminating to the need to farm again and every class. And....the crowd went mad!

if we are only able to put BOEs in there, that we can mail to use, no reason to cheer

So basically we get stats that are rougly equivalent to the ilvl 28 pieces of gear from SL -with minimal effort since WoD dungeons drops blue gear like a tree drops his leaves before winter- and epics still arr somewhat better but with a lesser gap. Tbh they could have went for a 10 ilvl gap cuz it doesn't really feel "epic" but hey, still better than the 50% stat gap we have today.
This means so many more trinkets will be competitive again, I'm tired of this small pool of ilvl 87 trinkets -also SL broken trinkets but that's another thing-.
Also means TBC dungeon gear is back to aboslute BIS for a lot of slots if nothing changes.

Less power level, less mindless grinding, sounds nice. DF will seem like a fever dream afterwards.
It would be perfect if they buffed Stamina a little bit cuz with less of it we will have quite a low pool of HP since they nerfed it but then again it will add some challenge which I'm all too happy about.

Users who are viewing this thread