Dungeon Tour: Season One

Conzil

F2P Legend
Small Logo.png

Overview
Dungeon Tour is an 8-week competitive speedrunning tournament where players are competing for the fastest times in dungeons from a predetermined pool selected by the community. Points will be awarded based on player's rank in each dungeon, with the cumulative score of all the rankings determining the player's position at the the end of the tournament.

Key Dates
Start Date: April 27
End Date: June 22

Dungeon Pool
Shadowfang Keep
Wailing Caverns
Bloodmaul Slag Mines
Blackrock Depths
The Underbog
Temple of the Jade Serpent
The Blood Furnace
Halls of Atonement

Tournament Rules
  • The player must be level 20.
  • The player is allowed to use different characters for each run, as long as they are all characters are on the same battle.net account.
  • The player cannot use any of the Allied races for their runs.
  • The player must start the recording before entering the Dungeon.
  • The player must start the recording unbuffed.
  • The player must manually reset the dungeon through their player portrait, with the message being visible in the chat before entering the dungeon.
  • The player must show their equipped gear before the run.
  • The timer starts upon the first movement, spell, or passive effect inside the instance.
  • The timer ends when the final boss fight is finished.
  • The player must have status text displayed in either 'Numeric Value' or 'Both'.
  • The player cannot use any bugged items nor spells.
  • The player cannot use any grandfathered items.
  • The player cannot use any epic upgraded quest reward gear.
  • The player cannot use any gear that has upgraded with tertiary stats or sockets.
  • The player cannot use any gear with speed on use effect nor equip effect.
  • The player cannot manipulate how abilities are supposed to act, via in-game macros or by manipulating the framerate.
  • The player cannot use any 3rd party program that manipulates the game.
  • The player must have their character panel open if they wish to swap gear.
  • The player may only use Consumables, Enchants, and Toys listed in ⁠our Discord server.
  • The player cannot be in a party or raid group.
  • The player cannot use any quest items.
  • The player cannot use any Covenant Abilities in Halls of Atonement.
  • The player may not logout or disconnect during the run.
  • No runs done before the start of the tournament can be submitted.
Prizes
1st place:
150€ + XPOff Coffee Mug + Golden Dungeon Tour XPOff Badge + Added to the Dungeon Tour Hall of Fame
2nd place: 50€ + XPOff Coffee Mug + Gray Dungeon Tour XPOff Badge
3rd place: 25€ + XPOff Coffee Mug + Gray Dungeon Tour XPOff Badge

Registration
If you wish to participate, please join our Discord and register in ⁠the sign-up channel.

Last edited:
1.I think it would be for best to limit to 1 single bracket, either 20 or 10/11, due to the fact that without bugged items 20s can never compete with 10/11 due to scalling.
2. Dungeons with alternative clear paths for boss order should be the most interesting, ppl should be able to try and test multiple clearing routes.
3. 1 or 2 months should be plenty of time for the duration of the tournament under the condition it falls on a "dead" period so as many people as possible could participate (I would propose a second poll/voting for a date).
4.Rules proposed are very good! Set a equal playfield that is not dependent of GF stuff.
But I have a single question: Will the item sets with bonus equips from Bfa/Outland/vanilla (crafted or drops) be allowed?

Last edited:
1. I think itwould be for best to limit to 1 single bracket, either 20 or 10/11, due to the fact that without bugged items 20s can never compete with 10/11 due to scalling.
I agree that it would be more balanced, and some of the dungeons on the list are not even possible to enter at 20, but I also know that there are a lot of 10s, so it would be bad to exclude them, but we will see how the balance works.

3. 1 or 2 months should be plenty of time for the duration of thr tournament under the condition it falls on a "dead" period so as many people as possible could participate (I would propose a second poll/voting for a date).
I like 2 months, because that basically gives the player the possibility to focus on a dungeon for a full week on avg, some dungs may take longer, some less time. But we have to remember that most that compete has a job, so I think having a lot of time to do this is good.

4. Rules proposed are very good! Set a equal playfield that is not dependent of GF stuff.
Thank you, the goal was to have a very low barrier to entry, some dungeons are gonna have different classes be the fastest, so hopefully people have time to gear multiple classes if they don't already have one. And not allowing tert and other procs makes it way easier to gear.

Will the item sets with bonus equips from Bfa/Outland/vanilla (crafted or drops) be allowed?
I think we will have to look at them all individually and determine that, right now I am not sure if there is any amazing set bonus, and I doubt anything will beat TBC or WoD gear.

Last edited:
I'd love to see 20s be the bracket but making it lvl 10 could attract more players. I voted in the above poll and may I say great list to chose from. Would have loved to see Botanica or Nexus but those aren't applicable to this scene obvi. Maybe the tourney could be a quarterly thing or seasonal thing. I bet after the holidays and once everyone gets settled in their routines again would be a good time to drop the first event. Ruleset seems fair but after the first event some tweaking should be allowed, off the feedback generated while being transparent about it obvi.

I always loved the idea but never submitted an entry in the first thread. I have however used the strats/pathing to adjust my personal farming methods, haha. I will be playing in this event too if my schedule allows! I'd like to toss a XPOFF coffee cup in the prize pool for the top three tournament winners as well, to sweeten the pot HeyGuys

If I can help out in any way with behind the scenes stuff please lemme know :)

Good luck guys :KKomrade:

not sure what is fair when it comes to twinks, but instead of just having 1 bracket for the tournament, would it not be better just have seperate tourneys for 10/11 twinks and 20s?...That way they both get to compete, just not against each other

not sure what is fair when it comes to twinks, but instead of just having 1 bracket for the tournament, would it not be better just have seperate tourneys for 10/11 twinks and 20s?...That way they both get to compete, just not against each other
If there are enough participation, absolutely. But until we know who wants to join we don’t know if enough people are interested to have it like that.

let's go!!!
10s can be interesting too, as the spells/scaling are different between the 2 level bracket.
Will it be Boss clear only or full clear (to look likes esport mythic)?

This is an awesome idea !!!
I'mma toss my 2 cents

1- Maybe I missed it but do you intend on separating scores based on classes/specs -by that I mean that a DK will obviously be way less effective than a hunter- thus creating much more ratings which would be messier but much more fair and interesting. I personally think it would be way better because Hunters would be mandatory and there would be no diversity in the rankings (I mean feign death, aspect of the cheetah/turtle AND crazy dps, why choose anything else if the scores aren't separated).

2- If not, maybe increasing the number of places giving point : for instance number 10 is 1 point up to number 1 is 10 point so that there is more of a chance for people to catch up. I believe it would increase the competitiveness of the event and give a chance for less experienced player to score a point or two. If you consider separating scores depending on class-spec, maybe 10 spots per class might be too much although it would depend on the amount of players involved.

3- If a player gets the first AND second best score on a dungeon, does he only get the points for his first place on can you have multiple places on a same dungeon thus said example getting 5 points

4- Is the invisibility ring allowed and in the same vein do you consider banning Night Elves' racial https://www.wowhead.com/spell=135201/shadowmeld because it is giving them such a big advantage? Same reasoning here as my first point, doing this would mean more diversity which in turn makes for a more interesting event (at least in my opinion)

5- On the topic of the level bracket I think level 20 is the way to go. More dungeons, more diverse array of spells, more interesting specs.

6- Eight dungeons is a good number, I don't know if you can hide poll results but keeping the surprise would mean we can't prepare as well before the event which I personally enjoy

7- It's a good thing to have banned speed items, in such a scenario they only reward time spent gearing and not skill.

8- Looking at the dungeons selection, why not giving us the choice between all dungeons? If that's only because bracket isn't decided yet I'm sorry :) (would love Blackrock Spire to be in here)

9- Once again may have just missed it but by completing the dungeon do you mean killing last boss or ALL bosses? I suppose only last but my dumb ass needs a clarification

10- In my opinion the most needed rule change. I'll prolly be alone on this one but I believe giving an ilvl limitation might be the best way to go, let's say we go with dungeon blues ilvl 61, we'd have a lot more viable gear and trinkets (and we'd have to worry about dying on some classes).
To develop, as I said in my 7-, speed gear only rewards time spent and not skill in a speedrun contest, I feel that getting to ilvl 87 would be the same thing here. If everyone has ilvl 61, how is it any less fair than everyone having ilvl 87.
With this, we could make more alts for a more diverse contest, have a lot of cool trinkets (I know, repeating myself but that would be so nice) maybe some weapons with proc effects idk.
But then maybe banning https://www.wowhead.com/item=136975/hunger-of-the-pack?bonus=6710 would be a good thing?
That's my main point please take the time to consider it :)

That's all off the top of my head, will add if I think of something else
All that said, I love the idea and might participate if I ever find the strenght to finish gearing my alts (unless we limit ilvl to 61). Such projects are what the f2p scene needs right now -as much as I'd like to think RP could save us ;) -
Also I'd be happy to give y'all a hand if I can help :)

1- Maybe I missed it but do you intend on separating scores based on classes/specs -by that I mean that a DK will obviously be way less effective than a hunter- thus creating much more ratings which would be messier but much more fair and interesting. I personally think it would be way better because Hunters would be mandatory and there would be no diversity in the rankings (I mean feign death, aspect of the cheetah/turtle AND crazy dps, why choose anything else if the scores aren't separated).
There would be no separate scoring depending on class, what we saw during the speedrunning thread was that different classes would dominate different dungeons, DHs were amazing if there was some out of bounds skip they could do, Shaman's were godlike if it was just rush to boss and pull high dps.
The plan is that people can play different classes for different dungeons, so the players wouldn't be stuck only playing one class for all 8 dungeons.

2- If not, maybe increasing the number of places giving point : for instance number 10 is 1 point up to number 1 is 10 point so that there is more of a chance for people to catch up. I believe it would increase the competitiveness of the event and give a chance for less experienced player to score a point or two. If you consider separating scores depending on class-spec, maybe 10 spots per class might be too much although it would depend on the amount of players involved.
Depending on how many participants there are we will def change the number of places that gets points.

3- If a player gets the first AND second best score on a dungeon, does he only get the points for his first place on can you have multiple places on a same dungeon thus said example getting 5 points
No, only the best run counts.

4- Is the invisibility ring allowed and in the same vein do you consider banning Night Elves' racial https://www.wowhead.com/spell=135201/shadowmeld because it is giving them such a big advantage? Same reasoning here as my first point, doing this would mean more diversity which in turn makes for a more interesting event (at least in my opinion)
That can be discussed, but right now I don't think so.

5- On the topic of the level bracket I think level 20 is the way to go. More dungeons, more diverse array of spells, more interesting specs.
I agree :PepeComfy: 20 > 10/11

6- Eight dungeons is a good number, I don't know if you can hide poll results but keeping the surprise would mean we can't prepare as well before the event which I personally enjoy
Sadly I don't think we can hide them after people voted, I decided to hide before voting to not influence people that way but that was the best I could do.

7- It's a good thing to have banned speed items, in such a scenario they only reward time spent gearing and not skill.
Yep, we wanted a low barrier to entry, you shouldn't have to do 3000 WoD dungeons to be able to compete.

8- Looking at the dungeons selection, why not giving us the choice between all dungeons? If that's only because bracket isn't decided yet I'm sorry :) (would love Blackrock Spire to be in here)
The list would be over 70 dungeons, we decided on 22 that would be okay to speedrun, most of the dungeons are not fun to speedrun.

9- Once again may have just missed it but by completing the dungeon do you mean killing last boss or ALL bosses? I suppose only last but my dumb ass needs a clarification
Current plan is just last boss, but that can be changed if people want to do all bosses.

10- In my opinion the most needed rule change. I'll prolly be alone on this one but I believe giving an ilvl limitation might be the best way to go, let's say we go with dungeon blues ilvl 61, we'd have a lot more viable gear and trinkets (and we'd have to worry about dying on some classes).
To develop, as I said in my 7-, speed gear only rewards time spent and not skill in a speedrun contest, I feel that getting to ilvl 87 would be the same thing here. If everyone has ilvl 61, how is it any less fair than everyone having ilvl 87.
With this, we could make more alts for a more diverse contest, have a lot of cool trinkets (I know, repeating myself but that would be so nice) maybe some weapons with proc effects idk.
Currently you only need around 100-200 runs max to get full ilvl 87 epic, if we said ilvl 61 was max, then people would just go TBC gearing once again, some would even use Classic / TBC epics with insane procs, just makes the banned items list annoying. Basically, whatever we do, there is always gonna be a bis list that most people would go for.

But then maybe banning https://www.wowhead.com/item=136975/hunger-of-the-pack?bonus=6710 would be a good thing?
That's my main point please take the time to consider it :)
This will 100% be banned, we have changed the rule to "The player cannot use any gear with speed on use effect or equip effect (excluding Nitro Boosts tinker)" to include those kind of items.

That's all off the top of my head, will add if I think of something else
All that said, I love the idea and might participate if I ever find the strenght to finish gearing my alts (unless we limit ilvl to 61). Such projects are what the f2p scene needs right now -as much as I'd like to think RP could save us ;)
Thanks for all the amazing feedback, and I think this is another point to just make it F2P, it would boost the scene a lot.

Also I'd be happy to give y'all a hand if I can help :)
Help is always welcome.
Eventually we will prob make a discord for the event or something for those that want to help.

Oh yeah, no that makes sense I just read it as "using gems to upgrade" my bad
Normal socketed gear has the gem slots included in the stat budget of the item (basically you trade some of the natural stats on the item for the option to slot other stats via gems). Items that proc socket have that as a bonus stat that is not factored in the normal budget of the item, and this is only a reward of the time investment of farming that proc and not the skill.

Question - ghost iron draglong tinket allowed?
Right now we don't have a specific banned item list, but I can't see why it would be banned, the dragon can't be that amazing anymore, and it's just 30 2ndary stats right?

Personally think it should be 20s since 10s kidna just vomit damage.
Seems like everyone want them separate, which I think is fair, but we will see if its enough people to host 2 brackets or if we just go with one of them (which would likely mean only 20s)

We need gold or cash rewards to make this interesting XD
Currently I am contributing around 200€ (which converts to around $221 right now) in prizemoney and @Sketchbag is offering 3 XPOff coffee cups to the top 3 players
However we are currently looking for more even sponsors, which is why the exact prizes are still TBD.

Users who are viewing this thread