F2P Traveler's Log Guide

DF Skinning worked surprisedly well, besides the Darkmoon Faire skinning quest, skinning the wolves improves DF skinning but seems to be dropping Pandria skins :p

One item I started to test is getting Dragonflight skinning on F2P to DF Skinning 25 to see if it actually opens up the specialization tree. Confirmed @ DF skinning 25 the specialization unlocked.

I will have to test this on a Vet account to see those that can go to dragon isles if skinning dead mobs provides any Dragonflight skins. Granted for now the Dragonflight leatherworking is locked out. Updated - yes, you at lvl 20 can skin and level DF skinning but no mats drop.

I know on a Vet level 20 that fishing without DF fishing unlocked still provides fish/recipe bottle/coins/junk from pools and water. The one coin next to the Great Swog as well as the quest with finding a coin is still level locked, but finding the coins is a slow process but can be turned in but I have not received enough to try the special bag with a gold coin if it is usable.

Last edited:
Finding Dragonflight skinning in DMF. Amazing find, I would never have thought to check that.

For the Darkmoon Fair Arcade games, I did Barrels o' Fun and it worked fine.

Love is in the Air: Discover True Relief and Love is in the Air: Complete All 6 Daily Quests have now been moved to the confirmed list which means that F2Ps can currently get 1000 points, which is the monthly cap :POGGERS:

Thank you all for testing with me, I will still test the Mists of Pandaria Timewalking and Hatching of the Hippogryph activities when they become available, but they are not needed for the cap.

1707297094138.png

Feeling cute, might delete later.

Last edited:
I can't help but feel like we're not saying it enough but thank y'all
You're doing awesome stuff for the site be it research, testing, managing the site, or addons (those are great, you did a fantastic job @Brihan)
So it's a simple message but once again thanks to the people that invest themselves to make this site what it is.

Yeah I'm feeling emotional today haha

I've just added 2 new Activities to the Darkmoon Faire section.
  • Gain 10 Profession Knowledge Points
  • Gain 25 Profession Knowledge Points
While these are not normally Darkmoon Faire activities, this is the only way we can currently get the Knowledge Points.

Skin a Moonfang Snarler on Darkmoon Island, when skinning the corpse you will automatically learn Dragonflight Skinning.
You will now be able to get 3 Dragon Isles Skinning Knowledge from the Profession quest Tan My Hide on the island.
Repeat this process on 9 different alts to finish both activities.

If you don't have 9 alts I recommend making Human Hunters and leveling them to 5, then learn Skinning from Lien Farner next to the Darkmoon Faire portal.

Love is in the Air: Discover True Relief and Love is in the Air: Complete All 6 Daily Quests have now been moved to the confirmed list which means that F2Ps can currently get 1000 points, which is the monthly cap :POGGERS:

Thank you all for testing with me, I will still test the Mists of Pandaria Timewalking and Hatching of the Hippogryph activities when they become available, but they are not needed for the cap.

View attachment 23924
Feeling cute, might delete later.

Amazing finds! I guess Warden Set as F2P might actually be a reality lol. To add onto the Skinning thing, you can also make a Panda DK, as they start at level 10, have 100% riding speed, and 1g in their pocket. They spawn at the gates of SW/Org, so it shouldn't be too far of a walk to the Entrance as alliance

I should have 200 tenders. The chest is clickable and goes through the animation of opening but I'm not credited with them. I tried making an alt on a different server in case Moonguard was having a hiccup but no luck.

Any ideas?

I should have 200 tenders. The chest is clickable and goes through the animation of opening but I'm not credited with them. I tried making an alt on a different server in case Moonguard was having a hiccup but no luck.

Any ideas?
Tendies are super bugged, sometimes u lose them and have to reopen, sometimes when u open u dont get them, just wait a day and it will be fixed

I've been here as a guest for ages, thanks Conzil and Brihan for expanding our horizons!
I missed the DMF so I need to milk some of the event activities if I want to cap this month (f2p). Is there anyone willing to help me with the picnic at portals activity? I've camped out in Feralas, the most busy portal, for 30 minutes and nobody clicked on my basket. Am I and the items I place in the world invisible to high level players? I remember there being a restriction like that...

Any advice or help appreciated, I'm on EU. Sprosbold#2572

Also, for the Great Reef Sharks - does one need to be in any specific timeline to make it work? I'm about to start the great trek on a skinner and haven't got any FPs yet.

I've been here as a guest for ages, thanks Conzil and Brihan for expanding our horizons!
I missed the DMF so I need to milk some of the event activities if I want to cap this month (f2p). Is there anyone willing to help me with the picnic at portals activity? I've camped out in Feralas, the most busy portal, for 30 minutes and nobody clicked on my basket. Am I and the items I place in the world invisible to high level players? I remember there being a restriction like that...

Any advice or help appreciated, I'm on EU. Sprosbold#2572

Also, for the Great Reef Sharks - does one need to be in any specific timeline to make it work? I'm about to start the great trek on a skinner and haven't got any FPs yet.
F2P only have the current timeline imo

F2P only have the current timeline imo
That's news to me, I've been switching at Chromie for a few months now at least...

I am able to queue for different RDF depending on Timeline, can do the SL campaign etc.

Any other prereqs for the skinning thing? Do I need to have a specific expansion's skinning skill learnt/unlearnt?

EDIT: It works fine in default/BFA timeline. Had Northrend skinning learnt at 1 point, still got DF Skillup :D

Edited edit: I just realized that the actual KP still needs to come from the DMF. RiP.
Still curious about tips on how to get the picnic stuff done.

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_021724_152911.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_021724_152911.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread