Trial of Champion Efficiency

Final numbers running with a level 60 and one level 29. If I had to do it over, I would've fired up my third account months ago. But wasn't farming ilvl 37 greens yet, and wasn't sure I'd play more than two months.

Overall, ToC was either getting extremely lucky or unlucky. Hopefully others fall in the average range (probably 50-60 runs to get everything).

Trial of the Champion
  • Number of runs: 471
  • Marrowstrike dropped 24 times in 471 attempts
  • Gun dropped 15 times in 282 attempts
  • Fury warrior - 124 runs to fully gear
  • WW monk - 49 runs to fully gear
  • MM hunter - 75 runs to fully gear
  • Resto druid - 42 runs. Missing cloak.
  • Resto shaman - 29 runs. Missing one ring.
  • Disc priest - 119 runs. Missing cloak and socket belt.
  • Arcane mage - 33 runs. Missing helm, cloak, one ring.

Pit of Saron
  • Took 42 runs to get 2x 2-hander with socket
We should've teamed up that night we bumped into each other out there. Would've likely taken a fraction of the total runs, trading choice drops programmed to NOT drop for the classes that seek them.
I have no idea how many runs I made & don't have a total count. I quit this morning after my 221st run on my hunter after NOT getting Marrowstrike, didn't finish any toons, & am sick with disappointment after this grind.

that being said... let's all hope that the nerf-bomb dosen't leave total desolation, & that we'll all be able to find equal or better gear elsewhere in the game; & be able to enchant it adequately.

I quit this morning after my 221st run on my hunter after NOT getting Marrowstrike, didn't finish any toons, & am sick with disappointment after this grind.

My hunter's 75 runs never dropped Marrowstrike. Luckily, I'm terrible as survival so don't play it. At 2.5-5% drop rate, it was going to be a crapshoot. 221 runs is very unlucky though. :(

Even though you didn't get the epic version, I'm thinking there's still a chance ToC epics are available til mid-November. Or if they're rare now, there isn't going to be too large a difference. I think survival will still hit like a truck, any extra agil/stam is just overkill. Will see in a couple hours. :\

I probably did around 100 runs for my DK and lock. Saw all the weaps drop, but have yet to see two of the plate boots drop, one of which I need for DK… I settled for the caster boots and will overlook the +1 int socket bonus :( and in that time I only got one cloth boot with socket to drop. ToC stingy on that footwear!

Pit of Saron
  • Took 42 runs to get 2x 2-hander with socket
Running 2 twinks and 1 runner it took me less than 10 runs to get one from the first boss and one from the last.

Everyone's mileage may vary....

What has got me tinfoil hatting is the upgrade rate in WoD dungeons... My one group of 3 gets tons of epic upgrades but the rest all get way less. That godforsaken hunter got just about everything he needed but everything else is getting like 1 epic every 2-3 runs. Seemed like about 5 in that time on the hunter's groups. Frustrating.

My hunter's 75 runs never dropped Marrowstrike. Luckily, I'm terrible as survival so don't play it. At 2.5-5% drop rate, it was going to be a crapshoot. 221 runs is very unlucky though. :(

My throwaway druid just there to soak up drops from the high level runner and trade to the main 29 got 2 of them. :SadgeW:

I settled for the caster boots and will overlook the +1 int socket bonus :( and in that time I only got one cloth boot with socket to drop. ToC stingy on that footwear!

Ha yeah, it disturbs me alot when I look at 4x socket bonus of +1 agility for my caster. Seems ToC reward design/distribution was put together with little thought.

I do think that a break will be in order tho if the 112 ToC gear makes it until blizzard just looks at the forum posts and patches it.

Even though you didn't get the epic version, I'm thinking there's still a chance ToC epics are available til mid-November. Or if they're rare now, there isn't going to be too large a difference. I think survival will still hit like a truck, any extra agil/stam is just overkill. Will see in a couple hours. :\
Yeeeaaahhhh.. you dig that it becaame a thing for me after the first 100 runs. I'm sure to keep trying, if for no other reason than to get the swag https://www.wowhead.com/item=46814/sunreaver-dragonhawk or some more https://www.wowhead.com/item=44982/enchanted-broom

Ha yeah, it disturbs me alot when I look at 4x socket bonus of +1 agility for my caster. Seems ToC reward design/distribution was put together with little thought.
It was throw-away catch-up gear for the Tier, so yeah; not itemized or really good at all. I mean, it only became desireable for us off of Beta specualtion. Fuck, we may all log in & see that some spiteful dev has turned it all blue?!

I got the one from the first boss in Slag Pits or whatever (WoD) to go epic, good enough for mine. WTF do i need bis for?

The WoD boss-specific items drop a shit ton more than the generic armor/jewelry they all drop, I get lots of epics of them.
https://www.wowhead.com/item=110040/crushtos-neck-separator?bonus=6710&class=3&spec=255 is probs the new BiS for Surv, so grats. I think we'll all need to get some grind-partis together for some fun in WoD over the next few weeks.

My computer shitted out and my backup just crashes trying to open WoW now so I'm just gonna smash everything.

Did everything stay the same with prepatch?

I see. I'm having directx issues, got it to load now but it's choppy as hell.... gonna try swapping my better GPU.

Always somethin, lol.

Beta remains unchanged as far as ilvl, but I dont think they were doing anything to that today anyway.

Cool! I guess my old GPU was too old, seem to be ok now. Thanks all!

Was the PTR good for 20 or the same for 20? Really kind of hoping on some kind of ninja stat crunch in 3 weeks...

ptr doesnt feature in any gear ilvl changes yet. it is (if memory serves) just talent updates and a new UI.
Ok, thanks.

I do like the new UI, actually. The new bags have been broken on beta for days now. :rolleyes:

we still have a few weeks to farm ToC?

yeah, like 3 weeks I think.

Wont know 1000% until the servers come up but should be just what chops said, that's what blizz's update said.

I really hope the ToC gear is nerfed into the ground before then or right after... things feel much better in the few games that I played so far... everybody has a nuke so the previous S tier classes can't just act stupid... wake of ashes just melts any warlock etc that could previously just not give a shit.

Well, well, well..... this just woke my ass up:

H161IKh.jpg

That's live, kiddies..... :FrogeConcern:

Users who are viewing this thread