Trial of Champion Efficiency

What has got me tinfoil hatting is the upgrade rate in WoD dungeons... My one group of 3 gets tons of epic upgrades but the rest all get way less. That godforsaken hunter got just about everything he needed but everything else is getting like 1 epic every 2-3 runs. Seemed like about 5 in that time on the hunter's groups. Frustrating.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=110040/crushtos-neck-separator?bonus=6710&class=3&spec=255 is probs the new BiS for Surv, so grats. I think we'll all need to get some grind-partis together for some fun in WoD over the next few weeks.

Tested Bloodmaul Slag Mines quick 10 first boss runs and 4 full runs. As Warglave mentioned, lots of procs. Got a mail armor and a ring socket proc. The 2-hander dropped 4 times. So far just one +Avoidance proc on it. Love that it's the first boss for quickie 10 runs lol.

Love that it's the first boss for quickie 10 runs lol.

Yeah, second boss having the cutscene really chaps my cheeks tho...

I know there's probably a way to disable it but I'm lazy and just wanna be mad and esc quit it. Lol. I always do all 4 now cuz cant risk not getting a great proc on a cloak or ring or something... bleh.

I've only had 2-3 epic + tert procs so far this 29 grind, that I know of cuz i dont loot the runner on purpose. That's low.

6YHX3Ed.png

Saw Marrowstrike a few times, but never the mail pants or Banner trinket on over 100 runs.

Saw Marrowstrike a few times, but never the mail pants or Banner trinket on over 100 runs.

Yeah, oddly the banner trinket doesn't drop very often. The abyssal rune though is raining down from the loot gods.

My updated numbers running just one level 29 with a level 60.

Trial of the Champion
  • Number of runs: 641
  • Marrowstrike dropped 30 times in 641 attempts
  • Gun dropped 18 times in 325 attempts
  • Fury warrior - 124 runs to fully gear
  • MM hunter - 75 runs to fully gear
  • WW monk - 49 runs to fully gear
  • Demon hunter - 51 runs to fully gear
  • Disc priest - 177 runs to fully gear
  • Resto druid - 43 runs. Missing cloak
  • Resto shaman - 29 runs. Missing one ring
  • Arcane mage - 93 runs. Missing cloak
Pit of Saron
  • Took 42 runs to get 2x 2-hander with socket
WoD Bloodmaul Slag Mines
  • Number of runs: 180 (90% of the time just up to first boss)
  • 69th run for epic proc on 2-hander
  • 115th run for epic bracers with socket proc
A friend runs Bloodmaul Slag Mines and Auchindoun a couple hours a day. An epic + speed + socket belt dropped for him. So it is possible, just gotta keep on farming!

115th run for epic bracers with socket proc

I wound up getting one of those in shadowmoon just going there for a change of scene. Dont know how many runs, dont wanna know... but I apparently have still not gotten a single epic mail pants proc from a wod dungeon on that toon. That toon and the other 2 along with it. Finally got 1 epic belt after many more runs and it was not the right secondaries, of course.

SO went to ToC and got both in 1-2 runs, and carried on living my life. Good nuff, wtf did i waste any time on that for. :KEKW:

So it is possible, just gotta keep on farming!

Nope. Was going to....
8114ac9d-9b69-47f7-904c-4ecc509e0e4b_text.gif

(wish that was true :oops:)
[doublepost=1667948516,1667946515][/doublepost]You know, you guys might wanna check into those ToC socket items and verify they're actually better after scaling up. A lot of them have lower main stat than comparable drops and that gem you put in there doesnt scale up like the gear....

Does it have to be on heroic for the epic drops or is it a random upgrade like the WOD dungeons?
Before Dragonfetish launched, the scaled down ICC Heroics dropped Epic gear in normal mode. Since Launch, the loot has been turned to blue & thus, useless to us.
Yer screwed into running WoD for the foreseeable future, till Blizz cocks something up & giving us a path to some other source of competitive gear.

Users who are viewing this thread