Your Game of the Week Thread (29s edition)

it's about what spec you choose too.

a 29 resto shaman can output so much AOE dps while having so much survivability that it's quite broken.

it's about what spec you choose too.

a 29 resto shaman can output so much AOE dps while having so much survivability that it's quite broken.

I could play blindfolded on ret and not care... everything you press does 2k... it's not that hard. I would like to see the spec that can't just steamroll at 29 in epics.

I don't think you could pick one that could not go 30+ kills and 200k dps. even if you did not try that hard.

As hard as you'd have to try to go a day without fucking whining? 12 hours? ;)

Whining is much easier (compared to stomaching these games) when it's just spouting truth that makes the kids shit their diapers.

Are people still complaining about ilvl 112’s when they are obtainable?

10% (lets be honest 5%) of people have the mental stamina to grind 112s out of dungeons (now, if you got the ToC ones good for you... you win the special prize... a pointed nothing hat). Grind warforged + socket will be an insurmountable task for most people that have a normal healthy psyche... let alone the 2 year + grind of warforged + relevant stats + socket + leech (you'll have all the speed you need from the gems).

So saying they are obtainable is basically the equivalent stupidity of saying... anybody can be a billionaire! just d-d-d-d-d-do it! The warforged+ grind is about 100x worse than farming greens out of kobold's/pig's buttholes was last expansion.

Shut the f * c k up.

and as always to stay relevant to the thread... uh...awesome work on any game of the week post that I did not look at/care about, I'm sure it was the best game ever!!! *golf claps all around*

Last edited:
Why don't you post some good game SS to illustrate your point.

Why don't you post some good game SS to illustrate your point.

From your previous post I'm assuming your idea of a gg is watching somebody in i112 go 36+ versus training dummy 20s or i86 29s... I can't post my version of a good game because right now they don't exist due to there being a glaring item level discrepancy and player level gap. I'll have to wait.

10% (lets be honest 5%) of people have the mental stamina to grind 112s out of dungeons

So 5-10% of people actually enjoy Twinking. The other 90-95% just want to throw on Heirlooms and call it a day?

I disagree with the percentages but also don’t care if lazy people are upset. As long as the gear or gear of equal power is obtainable for all players then more power to those who put in the work.

Edit - The RNG factor of drops is annoying for sure, but idea of 112’s taking time to farm is good and creates a healthy hard work = reward mentality.

10% (lets be honest 5%) of people have the mental stamina to grind 112s out of dungeons (now, if you got the ToC ones good for you... you win the special prize... a pointed nothing hat). Grind warforged + socket will be an insurmountable task for most people that have a normal healthy psyche... let alone the 2 year + grind of warforged + relevant stats + socket + leech (you'll have all the speed you need from the gems).

So saying they are obtainable is basically the equivalent stupidity of saying... anybody can be a billionaire! just d-d-d-d-d-do it! The warforged+ grind is about 100x worse than farming greens out of kobold's/pig's buttholes was last expansion.

Shut the f * c k up.

and as always to stay relevant to the thread... uh...awesome work on any game of the week post that I did not look at/care about, I'm sure it was the best game ever!!! *golf claps all around*
Is it really that hard to grind them? I literally have no experience in this bracket. If you have a 2nd subbed account can you spam run the legacy dungeon to get them and if so what’s the % chance they drop?
[doublepost=1671064636,1671062578][/doublepost]It is confusing to sort through all this because so much has changed since DF release. What is the current way to get BiS for 29s if you dont have anything GF. On a subbed account without any expansions purchased, I am able to run myself on another account. Do i need to party sync with my 60 that is running my 29? can you get warforged gear from legacy dungeons? I am confused on what the best path forward is. Currently have almost every slot with blue i87 gear. Thanks in advance.

Is it really that hard to grind them?

No. If you're only after epics then it's not a terrible grind at all, just frustrating because as legacy you arent guaranteed that an item will be your armor type if it upgrades.... but there's been a lot worse grinds, not even that long ago.

If you want full epic/socket/tert then that's a crazy investment you may never accomplish... but full 112 isnt that bad.

can you get warforged gear from legacy dungeons?

WoD is where you grind for 112 upgrades. Normal epics from dungeons (ironfoe, rivendares blade, etc) are all 112 as well, so those are just the usual normal or legacy grind.

It's unclear which slots can upgrade socket outside WoD but the best guess now is only slots that can get socket in SL, which i believe are head, wrist, belt, rings, and something else... but WoD can proc socket/epic/tertiary on everything except maybe trinket which is just epic/tert as far as we have found. Lots of slots will get speed/leech/etc.

Take that with a little salt, but it's pretty close to what is known. (also no one has gotten a 4 socket TBC item to my knowledge)

Last edited:
No. If you're only after epics then it's not a terrible grind at all, just frustrating because as legacy you arent guaranteed that an item will be your armor type if it upgrades.... but there's been a lot worse grinds, not even that long ago.

If you want full epic/socket/tert then that's a crazy investment you may never accomplish... but full 112 isnt that bad.

WoD is where you grind for 112 upgrades. Normal epics from dungeons (ironfoe, rivendares blade, etc) are all 112 as well, so those are just the usual normal or legacy grind.

It's unclear which slots can upgrade socket outside WoD but the best guess now is only slots that can get socket in SL, which i believe are head, wrist, belt, rings, and something else... but WoD can proc socket/epic/tertiary on everything except maybe trinket which is just epic/tert as far as we have found. Lots of slots will get speed/leech/etc.

Take that with a little salt, but it's pretty close to what is known. (also no one has gotten a 4 socket TBC item to my knowledge)
If you ran yourself with a max level character of the same armor type as your 29 does the item become the correct level when traded or is that not how it works?

Is it really that hard to grind them? I literally have no experience in this bracket. If you have a 2nd subbed account can you spam run the legacy dungeon to get them and if so what’s the % chance they drop?
[doublepost=1671064636,1671062578][/doublepost]It is confusing to sort through all this because so much has changed since DF release. What is the current way to get BiS for 29s if you dont have anything GF. On a subbed account without any expansions purchased, I am able to run myself on another account. Do i need to party sync with my 60 that is running my 29? can you get warforged gear from legacy dungeons? I am confused on what the best path forward is. Currently have almost every slot with blue i87 gear. Thanks in advance.

For me, I run a level 60 with one level 29. Never used party sync. If I had an unlimited budget and desire, I'd run four level 29s with my level 60. But I'm in cruise control WoW mode these days and two accounts is enough.

I could solo WoD dungeons with the level 29, but I prefer to plow through easily on the 60 and collect gold and level 26 and 36 green wrist/gloves/belt/boots/rings for future projects.

I've been running just WoD Bloodmaul Slag Mines for i112 gear, BRD for the i112 cloth helm with socket proc, Gnomeregan for i86 versa ring with socket proc, and wotlk Azjol Nerub for i86 trinket the past 2 weeks. Also started gearing my level 30s with Sunwell gear, but that's another story. :)

As other threads have mentioned, i112 + socket + tert is not easy, and likely could take years to get. I think the chances were less than 0.5%. But base i112 gear is fairly obtainable (typically see 1-2 warforge every couple dungeon runs). Personally, I think base i112 is more than enough for pvp and pve. Any socket and tert is overkill and gravy.

If you ran yourself with a max level character of the same armor type as your 29 does the item become the correct level when traded or is that not how it works?

The high level toon's drops stay at level 40 required.

For me, I run a level 60 with one level 29. Never used party sync. If I had an unlimited budget and desire, I'd run four level 29s with my level 60. But I'm in cruise control WoW mode these days and two accounts is enough.

I could solo WoD dungeons with the level 29, but I prefer to plow through easily on the 60 and collect gold and level 26 and 36 green wrist/gloves/belt/boots/rings for future projects.

I've been running just WoD Bloodmaul Slag Mines for i112 gear, BRD for the i112 cloth helm with socket proc, Gnomeregan for i86 versa ring with socket proc, and wotlk Azjol Nerub for i86 trinket the past 2 weeks. Also started gearing my level 30s with Sunwell gear, but that's another story. :)

As other threads have mentioned, i112 + socket + tert is not easy, and likely could take years to get. I think the chances were less than 0.5%. But base i112 gear is fairly obtainable (typically see 1-2 warforge every couple dungeon runs). Personally, I think base i112 is more than enough for pvp and pve. Any socket and tert is overkill and gravy.

The high level toon's drops stay at level 40 required.
What is tert?

https://www.wowhead.com/guide/attributes-and-stats-from-world-of-warcraft-6117

Tertiary Stats
Unlike the other types of stats, tertiary stats don't directly influence your damage or healing. For the most part, they only increase utility characteristics, like your movement speed or if a piece of armor doesn't break. Due to that nature, they appear mostly randomly, with a chance to appear in every item you acquire. There are four different tertiary stats, each wildly different than the others.

• Speed - Increases the base movement speed of the character by a given amount.
  • Indestructible - Items with this tertiary stat will not have a durability attribute and thus won't ever break, saving the player eventual repair costs.
  • Leech - All damage and healing dealt will heal your character as well, by a percentage of its final amount.
  • Avoidance - Reduces all area damage received by a percentage. Any damage that is not targeted directed to you is classified as area damage.

https://www.wowhead.com/guide/attributes-and-stats-from-world-of-warcraft-6117

Tertiary Stats
Unlike the other types of stats, tertiary stats don't directly influence your damage or healing. For the most part, they only increase utility characteristics, like your movement speed or if a piece of armor doesn't break. Due to that nature, they appear mostly randomly, with a chance to appear in every item you acquire. There are four different tertiary stats, each wildly different than the others.

• Speed - Increases the base movement speed of the character by a given amount.
  • Indestructible - Items with this tertiary stat will not have a durability attribute and thus won't ever break, saving the player eventual repair costs.
  • Leech - All damage and healing dealt will heal your character as well, by a percentage of its final amount.
  • Avoidance - Reduces all area damage received by a percentage. Any damage that is not targeted directed to you is classified as area damage.
Thank you

level 30s with Sunwell gear, but that's another story. :)

ICC is nice too, some cool effects on some of the stuff. Heroic is 115 ilvl at 30.

If I had an unlimited budget and desire, I'd run four level 29s with my level 60.

For the prepatch I ran a few accounts, justifying the time saved against 1 toon vs. money spent for a few. That was a time-sensitive situation tho, not really seeing a reason for it after the stuff got grandfathered... not really "important" how long now.

Plus I (mostly) geared up a few toons at once that way, instead of just one at a time. Always nice to have more. :D

From your previous post I'm assuming your idea of a gg is watching somebody in i112 go 36+ versus training dummy 20s or i86 29s... I can't post my version of a good game because right now they don't exist due to there being a glaring item level discrepancy and player level gap. I'll have to wait.

I am super out of the loop. Literally just got into this scene, so try not take offense to this genuine question. Is the reason you are salty is because you play 20s and now that the brackets are merged you can’t compete with the 29s?

I am super out of the loop. Literally just got into this scene, so try not take offense to this genuine question. Is the reason you are salty is because you play 20s and now that the brackets are merged you can’t compete with the 29s?
Another possibility is that people are getting sick of the way game mechanics are handled. For example;

Game critic- "Why didn't you implement a baseline for gear and what it can upgrade to? Why is it that some expansions give lower item level rewards than other expansions with wide levels of inconsistency?"
|
Blizzard dev- :thinking: :thonk: :thonkW:
|
Game critic- "With the large increase in item levels how did you ensure professions such as enchanting or engineering are useful while leveling?"
|
Blizzard dev- :KEKWait: :KEKW: :kekD:
|
Game Critic- "Why does the new Trading Post feature appear to be a blatantly designed system to pad MAU metrics? https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/news/23877463/introducing-the-trading-post
|
Blizzard dev-$$$$....$$$$$$$$$$$
|
Shadowlands 20 twink- "Why were the widely used item level 28 green BoEs set to level a 21 requirement? Considering they have a boosted item level of 52, when dungeon items can grant a level twenty character an item level of 61. What is the thought process in regards to balancing?"
|
Blizzard dev- :Troll: :trollW:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread