F2P Comprehensive Guide to Farming Chests for 19-24 BoEs

[MENTION=18757]Chiesa[/MENTION]

1. no, your ghost can "see" thing(chest, mobs) if your corpse is nearby

2. yes, in wetlands there are more that 2 chest at the same time diffrent area within the same map map, how many per map idk.
if you can't find any in its suppose spawn spot then maybe another player was one step ahead of you.

Thanks

So that means it is possible to make more chars lvl 1, and get them killed at all places where chest spawns in let's say Wetlands, and log in from time to time to check them?

Great Guide. I've also picked up a few odd items out of the chests like:
Shadow Protection Potion - Item - World of Warcraft and Manual: Strong Anti-Venom - Item - World of Warcraft

I've had bad luck when I find a chest on one toon with an item that I need on another toon. I can never get back there before the chest is gone. I want to verify that the chests don't despawn if opened but not looted. Does anyone know?
They despawn after about 5 minutes if you open them
Reopening them will reset the timer

I've had about 50%/50% luck farming on my warrior or pally for other toons. I poke a chest and then log on to the toon that needs the item and move them to the chest in 3 min hops. The despawn timer is right at 5 min like the guide says. It is 20 sec to log out on each toon and you may have mobs to clear.
Hillsbrad has alot of aggro free chests for Alliance so I would recommend getting the Chillwind Point FP if you are Alliance.

I lost feet of the lynx to a despawn while fighting the ogre quest boss in alterac. I also forgot to hold the shift key to prevent auto looting the chest that had the drakewing bands. I have gotten 2 MMs and all the mail armor available from the chests

One improvement to the guide I would like to recommend is map coordinates. Sure, there are dots on maps and pictures of chests or outlines of chests, but for chests I have not found myself its not always so cut and dry if the spot I am looking at is the actual spawn location.

The picture of the chest in a wagon "next to the quest npc/mob" in wetlands...I can't seem to find a wagon in any location similar to that in the picture.

I've never seen a chest up in the sludge fields. I've hit every other chest in the wetlands and old hillsbrad. Does it matter if you've done the johny awesome quests and the sludgefields is instanced empty?

I've never seen a chest up in the sludge fields. I've hit every other chest in the wetlands and old hillsbrad. Does it matter if you've done the johny awesome quests and the sludgefields is instanced empty?
I don't think so. You do have to keep in mind it's a common quest zone so the next person to do that quest series is gonna find it when it spawns. This is the same reason why I don't like Duskwood. Nearly all of the chests are by quests

What's the highest number of chests in one zone at any given time(granted if a zone is completely empty and no one nas looted any chests)?

I've found 2 in wetlands But I think it's probably linked with the type of chests Like 1 sturdy and 1 dark iron treasure chest

What's the highest number of chests in one zone at any given time(granted if a zone is completely empty and no one nas looted any chests)?

I've found 2 in wetlands But I think it's probably linked with the type of chests Like 1 sturdy and 1 dark iron treasure chest
it's definitely not limited that much. Off the top of my head. I've found 9 chests in one 4 zone sweep and probably about 5 from one zone

No, I've looted chests there w/o doing the quests.

Yeah, backing Shft up - I've found 4 or more chests in Hillsbrad within an hour or less of each other.

Only way this guide could be more awesome is having Tomtom waypoints to give exact locations of chests in-game. Otherwise it's a really helpful guide, thanks!

If shift wants to add the cords, most of the SS links I gave him the cords in the SS name.

Users who are viewing this thread