How to one-shot boses (Vanilla up to WoD)

I got this on a lot of low levels. Most got it within a few runs, but that was back when the dungeon was still queueable. Currently a level 20 running from the nearest flight point will encounter level 19 mobs, which shouldn't be an issue.

Edit to add: I'm currently running a new level 12 shaman through this dungeon. I'm up to 30 kills at this point. The drop rate may have been nerfed.

Also, there's some sort of weird world scaling in Shadowlands content. A low level cannot use the portal to get there unless they are in Chromie time, yet there don't seem to be separate Chromie time shards in Shadowlands content, as most of the players I am seeing are level 70.
Did you end up getting it on your Shaman? I'm on run #19 and I've gotten 3 Poxstorms (2% drop chance), but zero IDOs. Starting to wonder...

Update 1: 25 runs in on my DH as Havoc spec and still no IDO. Maybe I'll switch to Vengeance for "fun" since it drops for both specs according to the Adventure Guide.

Update 2: Welp, it finally happened. After 34 runs IDO dropped. At roughly 15 minutes per run, that's ~8.5 hours for this thing. Phew. Twelve percent drop chance my cheeks!

Last edited:
Unfortunately - unless I'm doing something wrong - this seems to have been nerfed. :(

After entering BFA timeline via Chromie in Orgrimmar as a veteran account, the ooze seems to be doing just as much damage to enemies as any other timeline. Hoping someone else will chime in here and tell me I'm wrong!

Chromie time has been changed. These will only “work” as intended in “present” time.
Yes, when you talk to Chromie, you have to have her bring you back to the present timeline. Also (if you happened to overlook the title of this thread), word on the street is that these trinkets will only be OP in dungeons up to WoD. So in Legion, BFA, Shadowlands, or Dragonflight dungeons, they will not be OP.

I'm running Shadowmoon Burial Grounds, on my rogue, using Shadowgrasp Totem and it still hits for 5k (10k on a crit) each second.

Chromie time has been changed. These will only “work” as intended in “present” time.
Maybe I misunderstood - I thought we had to return to BFA timeline (per OP) specifically for this to work?

Yes, when you talk to Chromie, you have to have her bring you back to the present timeline. Also (if you happened to overlook the title of this thread), word on the street is that these trinkets will only be OP in dungeons up to WoD. So in Legion, BFA, Shadowlands, or Dragonflight dungeons, they will not be OP.

I'm running Shadowmoon Burial Grounds, on my rogue, using Shadowgrasp Totem and it still hits for 5k (10k on a crit) each second.
When you say “present” timeline, you mean Dragonflight? And yes, I was testing the trinket out in Classic dungeons via walking in. At level 20, the pustules were putting up numbers in the 20s, with crits in the 50s or so.

Thanks for helping explain this to me.

When you say “present” timeline, you mean Dragonflight?
WoWScrnShot_071523_162657.jpg

Talk to Chromie and see if you have "I'd like to return to the present timeline, Chomie." as one of your choices. If you do, click on that and it will put you in the present timeline.

Sorry to be clear. When this was written “present time” was “bfa” because a BFA chromie time didn’t exist yet

Only very recently have more timeline options been added to chromie

But you’ll still want to pick “present time” to get the odd scaling on these trinkets

Bittersweet moment when I realized it was in fact still working (patch 10.1.5 as of this post) because of the potential “Fun detected! Must remove!” Blizzard moment down the road.

Fun for now though! Thanks again for your help folks.

Hello,

Im one of those people who usually would only read and not make a account or join in the conversation. But I would like to get the trinket to work for me to get some warforged items faster and i cant get it to do so. I havent played for years and now only did the free trial in dragonflight and after that the free to play till level 20.

I went to get the shadowgrasp totem (by queing specific other side dungeon) with my level 10 druid. Since due to f2p limitations its a pain to get to plaguefall.
Then i queue for blood slag mines and straight away change back to the present time line (before the dungeon pops up) however the totem ticks tick for 8 dmg

I also tried unlocking frostfire ridge and walk it to bloodslag mines and solo it in the present time line, i tried the bfa time line. I tried it walking into ragefire chasm. I tried as both feral as guardian. (all in present timeline) I even went buy dragonflight with some unused store credit that i gotten years ago with tokens. Cause i thought maybe that is messing with the timeline as last exansions i never bought. I didnt login with a active subscription after i gotten dragonflight tho. But i was able to loot traders tokens that showed up as dragonflight.

No matter what i do the totem shows up as only 8 pet dmg per tick

Anyone know what im doing wrong?
I dont mind putting in the hard work all of you put in to get your twinks leveled. But I prefer not ofc ^^

Im on a EU realm with a level 10 guardian druid. I unlocked the garrison and bastion apart from that i didn't do many quests. I tag the mob with moonfire and then i drop the totem

I did notice a lot of twinks in bloodslag the other day but yesterday and today none. But the chances of it being fixed 5 minutes after i got the trinket aren't that big. I just cant figure out what im doing wrong

thanks for any reply.
Kind regards

Bittersweet moment when I realized it was in fact still working (patch 10.1.5 as of this post) because of the potential “Fun detected! Must remove!” Blizzard moment down the road.

Fun for now though! Thanks again for your help folks.

Hello,

Im one of those people who usually would only read and not make a account or join in the conversation. But I would like to get the trinket to work for me to get some warforged items faster and i cant get it to do so. I havent played for years and now only did the free trial in dragonflight and after that the free to play till level 20.

I went to get the shadowgrasp totem (by queing specific other side dungeon) with my level 10 druid. Since due to f2p limitations its a pain to get to plaguefall.
Then i queue for blood slag mines and straight away change back to the present time line (before the dungeon pops up) however the totem ticks tick for 8 dmg

I also tried unlocking frostfire ridge and walk it to bloodslag mines and solo it in the present time line, i tried the bfa time line. I tried it walking into ragefire chasm. I tried as both feral as guardian. (all in present timeline) I even went buy dragonflight with some unused store credit that i gotten years ago with tokens. Cause i thought maybe that is messing with the timeline as last exansions i never bought. I didnt login with a active subscription after i gotten dragonflight tho. But i was able to loot traders tokens that showed up as dragonflight.

No matter what i do the totem shows up as only 8 pet dmg per tick

Anyone know what im doing wrong?
I dont mind putting in the hard work all of you put in to get your twinks leveled. But I prefer not ofc ^^

Im on a EU realm with a level 10 guardian druid. I unlocked the garrison and bastion apart from that i didn't do many quests. I tag the mob with moonfire and then i drop the totem

I did notice a lot of twinks in bloodslag the other day but yesterday and today none. But the chances of it being fixed 5 minutes after i got the trinket aren't that big. I just cant figure out what im doing wrong

thanks for any reply.
Kind regards

Well, welcome. Unfortunately the Totem does not work at level 10, only the Indivisible Ooze. Also, you need to be in No-Timeline mode. The main reason why this probably hasn't been patched yet is that it isn't being taken into Random LFG dungeons too often, mostly only into solo WoD runs

Thanks for the fast answer,

I read about the no timeline I tried the other things as it wasnt working. But i didnt know the totem didnt work good at lvl 10. It will go to my useless trinket collection then ^^.

Ill try get the ooze. I think if i go further in the shadowlands questline i will eventually be able to get there. I will mostly use it solo. I already went get the garrison hearthstone to test bloodslag mines, so it isnt a long travel

The lfg doesnt give a huge benefit they agro when i keep walking and somtimes they need healing. It often slows things down while the dps mostly is very low.

Thanks again for the fast answer, very much appreciated
Kind regards

Doing this since Plaguefall was removed from the queue, now I put my low level twinks through the main questline in Bastion, doing only the campaign quests. Then the entry to Maldraxxus, and the House of Plagues questline. That will take you to the flightpoint near the instance.

I run some WoD dungeons to get some gear before trying to solo this.

The ooze is wierd in a few ways. Ive noticed on my lvl 10 monk that some npcs its basically impossible to get the ooze to proc a spawn doing spinning crane kick. So in those cases I spam lightning on those npcs and the ooze spawn procs work. On the flip side there are some npcs it seems impossible to spawn a ooze with lightning but spinning crane kick seems to proc the ooze just fine. Then there seems to be invisible lines or dead zones when approaching bosses and randomly in boss fight areas that make your ooze disappear. Some seem to completely despawn your ooze and others seem to just despawn your ooze for the boss encounter and they reappear after the boss is dead. Some of these invisible lines can be countered by simply not crossing them and targeting the boss at range to not despawn your ooze. And finally ive noticed that some of the boss encounters have a effect that removes your ooze a few seconds after the fight has started so if another player agros the boss before you you may have no ooze for the fight also.

it all seems random at first but pay attention to each npc/area individually and you will start to see these patterns good luck hope this info improves your speed runs :)

I did find as a level 10 druid plaguefall is doable solo with full blue ilvl 33 gear. The ooze trinket helps a lot at soloing the wod dungeons. So I think for me getting the ooze first was the fastest way. But i could be wrong
[Parjesh's Medallion] https://www.wowhead.com/item=137362/parjeshs-medallion did trigger on a regular, but its there to be used its a great trinket at level 10 if your gear isnt great yet it more then doubles your hp when dying. Even now with better gear i sometimes use it as a safety

I got the ooze trinket in about 15-20 runs. The ooze works great to shave some time off the bosses in wod dungeons. The bosses take most time anyways espec when skipping trash with dash and the invisibility ring. By now i got 8 warforged pieces incl the weapon and the skipping trash isn't needed anymore as in bloodslag mines the ooze can be used to target the overseers (with there 10 secs stun) first, I got 1 warforged with speed, none with sockets. So I got a lot more runs to do ^^

i got a friend and my 2nd account to summon my level 11 bear, ran plaguefall 9 times carrying my twink with a level 70s, it dropped, still works

I played about 1 hour ago and it worked perfectly. Are you in correct chorime time mate?
Whoops - switched out - I'll delete post TY...

Users who are viewing this thread