How to one-shot boses (Vanilla up to WoD)

having various players with this trinket, i have found having certain other chance proc trinkets like https://www.wowhead.com/item=158555/doom-shroom will negate or rob the ooze trinket

also having a BOA with elemental force or LS seem to help ooze trinket proc more, since unsubbed i cant enchant anything new i get. i have a 20 druid with the epic staff from auchendoun, epic polearm from slag nines. i thought the massive stat increases would overcome my BOA staff or polearm with EF. same goes for my 10 monk who has same as above but BOA polearm with LS. in each chance these enchants seem to aid trinket procs, and survival when soloing.

tried soloing with a BM hunter has all but 2 epics acquired thru dungeon finder, procs were not happening fast enough to survive at times, suspect i would need to be SURV and have a EF or LS enchanted melee wpns as well

i was farming other day, i has three blue pcs with +leech, seemed like when i replaced them with epics with no leech (character also had no leech after) , trinket proc'd less, i put one back on, the + leech may be considered a extra attack, ooze procs seemed to be more often

Last edited:
Okay, well, I just spent $15 to vet my account, leveled up a druid to 20 on my main account, did about 10 or so runs until it dropped, only to find out that I can't trade the Ooze trinket to my 20 warrior. I just wasted 8 hours of my life TwT

Okay, well, I just spent $15 to vet my account, leveled up a druid to 20 on my main account, did about 10 or so runs until it dropped, only to find out that I can't trade the Ooze trinket to my 20 warrior. I just wasted 8 hours of my life TwT
What error did you get? You should be able to trade it unless it's an ilvl upgrade for the druid, in which case you might have to wait for it to drop again.

What error did you get? You should be able to trade it unless it's an ilvl upgrade for the druid, in which case you might have to wait for it to drop again.
I didn't get an error, it simply didn't have the light blue trade text. I sure hope you're right about the item level part. I don't want to farm it all over again just for the same thing to happen >w<

Took me over 87 PlagueFall runs to get the accursed Ooze, and Im now spamming Iron Docks to get all of the sweet purple gears. So far im 13 runs deep in Iron docks, nothing so far.(Got the versitility trinket so there's that) Happy hunting, gentlemen

I have the ooze trinket on a level 40 twink and it just destroys things, so not sure what level it would not work at :/

Small update, I ended up in non instance eye of azshara, by gliding there all the way from dalaran,
and found a rare elite called Kosomoth the hungering. lv 20, 40k+ health, the shadowbolt volley, one of his attacks one shots me if not interupted,, i ended up avoiding it by outranging it while pet was tanking.

But anyway, the trinkets helped me here, while I was under the impression the only work up to including WOD
shadowgrasp totem did 25% of my damage with 1 use, 12k
and ooze did 12% of my damage in the fight, anout 6k

so this is quite a bit bettter then my 2 warforged trinkets

Small update, I ended up in non instance eye of azshara, by gliding there all the way from dalaran,
and found a rare elite called Kosomoth the hungering. lv 20, 40k+ health, the shadowbolt volley, one of his attacks one shots me if not interupted,, i ended up avoiding it by outranging it while pet was tanking.

But anyway, the trinkets helped me here, while I was under the impression the only work up to including WOD
shadowgrasp totem did 25% of my damage with 1 use, 12k
and ooze did 12% of my damage in the fight, anout 6k

so this is quite a bit bettter then my 2 warforged trinkets
Wait, did those trinkets worked in a LEGION zone???

Wait, did those trinkets worked in a LEGION zone???
Exactly, its not plain out one shotting anymore, but definatly still stronger then usual, it was outside of dungeon though, ill test out inside dungeon later as well, more bugs in legion like speed boost from legendary bow transmog.

makes sense that they work though, if thinkit is from shadowlands, and it gets stronger the closer to classic you come

Exactly, its not plain out one shotting anymore, but definatly still stronger then usual, it was outside of dungeon though, ill test out inside dungeon later as well, more bugs in legion like speed boost from legendary bow transmog.

makes sense that they work though, if thinkit is from shadowlands, and it gets stronger the closer to classic you come
No, no, you dont get it, this is huge....when I first discovered and tested the trinkets, I went trough almost ALL of the zones in-game and tested it. Even dungeons. After I had tested normal leveling zones in Broken Shore (except Suramar) I though Legion content was the cut line for the bug (legion up to SL scalling was done different than the classic up to wod scalling, and this difference in code is where the bug appears).
The fact that you found a way to "activate" the bug in a legion zone means that there could be a way to do so for ALL legion areas.

No, no, you dont get it, this is huge....when I first discovered and tested the trinkets, I went trough almost ALL of the zones in-game and tested it. Even dungeons. After I had tested normal leveling zones in Broken Shore (except Suramar) I though Legion content was the cut line for the bug (legion up to SL scalling was done different than the classic up to wod scalling, and this difference in code is where the bug appears).
The fact that you found a way to "activate" the bug in a legion zone means that there could be a way to do so for ALL legion areas.
glad to know its a big improvement on what we know, just tested it out in black rook hold (the trinkets that the bosses drop there show some interesting numbers compared to the rest)

Yeah both trinkets definatly do more then logical damage, just not one shotting anymore, but on a bright note, the totems cooldown reduction per kill seems to work

recount shows that the totem actually outdped my hunter on a simple bossfight,

glad to know its a big improvement on what we know, just tested it out in black rook hold (the trinkets that the bosses drop there show some interesting numbers compared to the rest)

Yeah both trinkets definatly do more then logical damage, just not one shotting anymore, but on a bright note, the totems cooldown reduction per kill seems to work

recount shows that the totem actually outdped my hunter on a simple bossfight,
Are you Beast Mastery by any chance?

These trinkets work in open world WoD while Chromie-Time'd to BfA. I used the totem to get me a shiny new Garn Nighthowl mount. I went to Tanaan to play around after, but you do need to be able to tag the mob to get credit/loot, so no luck so far with those rares.

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_022524_162719.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_022524_162719.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 103

Users who are viewing this thread